+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes you would make for Project Runway 2?

FORT Newbie
    There no problem with Heidi. Please she has maybe 4 or 5 minutes where she actually in the show anyway. The show wants her to be stern. You can tell because they never show her face when she says something negative. Thats because there adding those negative comments later on during editing. 90% of the time if you here someone talking without the camera on them the edited that into the show. Anyway you have to have Heidi to promote the show. I don't see Michael Coors getting a spot on Leno and Letterman to promote it. So instead of complaining about her I demand more short skirts for Heidi.

Love the short skirt answer, tman, although I personally don't care for Heidi's hosting abilities whatsoever. Too stiff, too awkward, too android, too Disney Hall-of-Presidents. I agree with those who feel this show should be helmed by a real designer--or if it must be a pretty figurehead, there are plenty of models with more personality and screen presence. For all the fun I poke at Tyra for her ANTM antics, I really appreciate her much more now that I've seen the job Heidi's doing.

Those awful dubbed cutaways are further proof that Heidi is useless. They had to have a writer come in later to give her something substantive to say. I can just imagine her at the real time of judgement, staring blankly out at everyone with not a word to say--she's accustomed to not having to do anything but show up and be pretty, after all.

Alas, Heidi is executice producer on this show, so I don't think there's much chance of her being switched out any time soon.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    Much like the inability of NBC to replicate the personalities/atmosphere of the first season of the Apprentice, it seems that it will be very hard to recapture the buzz of the first season of PR. While the first season of The Apprentice had at least some feel of an actual behind the scenes look at the business world of Trumpmaniac, the last two seasons have been sheer game show farce, just barely being able to lay claim to the descirption of "reality tv". This season, PR should have stuck to more of a behind the scenes look at the design world - as others here have noted. I hope that the producers don't misinterpret the success of the first season as license to cast another Skunkzilla or be even more heavy handed in the selection process which will probably drive away viewers much like the ratings erosion of The Apprentice. While ANTM actually created a better second season, Miss B then threw it all away with ANTM3, Now that was a trainwreck. I actually have no interest in watching the next cycle of ANTM. One can only hope that the producers of PR are smart enough to figure out that what drew most viewers to PR was the opportunity to get a glimpse of what goes on behind the doors of the fashion industry, an industry that thrives on the ability to sell to the public the illusion of calm, cool and beauty. There is enough natural drama, conflict and energy in that world without the need to hype the show by casting (and keeping) talentless fools like Skunkzilla. While it is fun to snark on her, after thinking about it, I would actually have enjoyed watching the show MORE if she had not been a contestant. Keep that in mind for next season, PLEASE.

I, for one, take no pleasure in snarking on Skunkzilla DeVille. To me, she's a pointless distraction in an otherwise wonderful show. The heart of this show should be the clothes.

So thanks, Hoboken, for reminding me of the number one change I would make for a second PR season: in the words of Miss Mary J. Blige, NO MORE DRAMA!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I love this site so much. Everyones opinions are great.

I think that next season they need to make sure to have another Jay. His comments are too funny and really make a lot of the show for me. I think there are a lot of designers out there with huge personalities and I can't wait to see a new crop of them.

Have friends who are designers and we get together to watch the show each week. We all agree that Heidi needs some help. Also I think the competition between the models should get more attention. If they are going to make that a part of the show they should be judged as well for their walking etc. and one eliminated in that fashion.

PR definitely needs to work on their web site too. The photos of the designs are so poor. For a fashion show they don't display the fashion very well.

MORE TIM!! He is great and I would love to hear more of what he talks to the designers about in the work room.

As much as I don't care for Heidi on-air personna, she has to be there because she's one of the executive producers. This is basically her baby.

I think they should eliminate elimations. After all, they're artists and you can't fully judge an artist based on one piece. I think there should be scoring. Whoever has the highest score wins a prize of some sort. In the end, the person with the highest overall score wins the competition.

I wouldn've loved to have seen how the others designers would've done on other challenges especially Mario and Daniel!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

a point system would be good after they narrow the field a bit. It would be hard to keep everything/one straight if they start out with 12 or so. Maybe when it gets down to 6 they should switch it to a points format. Might keep the drama going as well. I think too that the designers should weigh in as well by voting for their favorite or least favorite and that could be added to the points too.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    So many good ideas have already been said. I agree with 1,2, 3, 5 and 6. I also think a point system is a good idea if the judges will change throughout the competition.

Nancy O'dell (sp?) make me sick when she choose Wendy's dress. Maybe the winner of the weeks competition shouldn't win the challenge, just get the most points. It looked like Heidi was pushing for Austin.

For the team challenges, they should make the designers work with design students, not each other.

Going off of a previous suggestion about weird projects, they should test the designers in ready-to-wear, haute couture (sp?), wedding, celebrity, magazine outfits, television/award show outfits, things like that.

I liked Heidi as host.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 02-18-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Fully explain the final winner-takes-all, rules & regulations!

So as to avoid another person trying be sneaky in regards to 'getting around' the budget limit.

:rolleyes That was a serious glitch that I bet production didn't see coming!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I wish they had another method of choosing the winning model. I felt Melissa got cheated out of the spread in Elle magazine through no fault of her own because she had the misfortune to be chosen by Wendy for the last challenge. Perhaps they should have seperate challenges for the models or have the designers vote on their favorite model to work with from the final three. None of the other designers were able to choose Melissa once Wendy chose her and either one of them might have snapped her up if Wendy hadn't.

I also think they should do away with immunity and instead just give the designer first pick of the models if they win. That's incentive enough to win and will keep the designers trying their best for each challenge instead of getting a free ride because they won the challenge before.

I don't like Heidi and would rather see Austin or Jay be the host of the show, or even Kara Saun.

It would be neat to have a challenge where the designer had to design something for themselves to wear. Even if it's just done for extra footage on the show, I'd like to see it.

Oh! And perhaps the designers should have points deducted if they show up for the judging looking frumpy. Honestly, I would never buy clothes from a designer who looked as dowdy as Wendy did most of the time at the judging. That would be like going to a hairstylist whose hair looks like an unkempt mess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast