+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Runway 2-9 Recap: Drama Trumps Talent

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    I will be stepping into the uber-fashionable stiletto heels of your regular recapper, Hepcat, for one week. *struts down runway Austin Scarlet-style* How do they look on me? Hmmm…maybe with a few feathers…

Pink Feathered "Let me slip into something more comfortable" stiletto vamp mules!!!!

Tonight’s appetizer will be…cheese

Olga is out, Heidi announces, her eyes glittering in an almost metallic way…

I, too, expected cheesey Dum dum DUMMMM! music then

She could have had the same idea all by herself. (Coulda, but probably didn’t.) I can only imagine Wendy’s histrionics if Kara Saun had touched Wendy’s bolt of fabric—I think we’re all glad we didn’t have to witness that.

Back at the runway, Nancy says she would wear Wendy’s bodice, but she can’t stand the feathers. (I kick my boa under the desk.) This turns into a discussion of which designs could be worn “with tweaking.” Apparently Nancy wasn’t stupid enough to agree to actually wear one of the dresses—only some little piece to placate Bravo in exchange for bringing all her fame to their little show. She could have worn KaraSaun's as is if she was still hosting Nashville Star, dammit Nancy!

He turns to give Wendy a hug. She clings. He eventually must push her off. She runs backstage where Kara Saun’s and Jay’s expressions are easy to read. Jay says seeing Wendy’s winning face grossed him out. “I hate Wendy! I’m sorry.” Nobody blames you, Jay.

I had thought he was sorry he didn't have any of his "Jay-isms" to say, cuz he was too grossed out.
    Great job spegs!!! Congratulations! Seriously, whaddya think of the feathered mules? I'm a licensed FORT-recapper Shoe Critic!
    Could does not mean should

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Garanimals is/was a clothing line for kids. Each item has a tag in the shape of an animal. The giraffe tops went with the giraffe bottoms, the lion tops with the lion bottoms, etc.
    Thanks, Mariner. Guess it's pretty obvious that I don't buy clothes for kids!

I will be stepping into the uber-fashionable stiletto heels of your regular recapper, Hepcat, for one week. *struts down runway Austin Scarlet-style* How do they look on me? Hmmm…maybe with a few feathers…
    They look fabulous, spegsy!

I'm glad to see your recapping wit make an appearance, again! It's been too long.

And lonelyguy, spegs is a long-term recapper for the site known for her charming, witty, lucid writing style.
    Oops! Duh me. I misread the first sentence. I thought it was her first recap. Good job on your first Project Runaway recap, speg!
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Project Runway 2-9 Recap: Drama Trumps Talent

Wendy buys a whole bunch of feathers. Feathers: they always give you the edge. I’m wearing a big purple boa right now.

Loved it! Great Job Spegs!!!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

I just watched this show for the first time last night. Wow, I've been missing out! Anyway, great recap.

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar

Marathon

If you didn't catch the entire season, you can set your VCR this Sunday. Bravo will be showing the entire season from 11am to catch everyone up in time for the finale.
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

Goodbye, Austin. You fell victim to the producer’s need for evil drama.
    My thoughts, exactly. Confirmed by the disclaimer in the credits. Shame on them.
    Great recap, spegs.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12