Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 9 portfolio

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar

Episode 9 portfolio

WINNER: Wendy (Model Melissa)

OUT: Austin (Model Martinique)

Jay (Model Julia)

Kara (Model Jenny)

Thanks FD for posting these pics so quick!

I gotta say that I rather like Kara's pants idea. I would've maybe wanted them to be tighter, a bit more form-fitting and less loose below the shin. But I think the top is fantabulous, the colors, the beads and everything. I don't know how well it would work on a red carpet with 30,000 flashbulbs going off, but me I like shiny, happy things. Anyway. What is going on with Jenny's hair? Especially in this picture it looks like a bloated mullet. . .

Austin's gown is dreamy to me, and I could totally see it at the Grammys on a more subdued, not-so-very-rock-and-roll chick like Alicia Keys or similar.

Jays, I don't know. When Kara was breaking down the whole "it'll be more you" thing, it sounded and looked pretty good. But the finished product, meh. I probably would've preferred strapless with just the cranberry sparkles. Although I'm not a big fan of the skirt -- I think it would've worked better with just the two top colors and not the darker ones.

Wendy's. . . . .man. It's one of her better efforts by far, but I'm still not understanding the win. I like the cut and shape of the bust, but then I'm not keen on those lines popping up at strategic points. The material doesn't say "glamour" to me either; I feel like it's a bit heavy/thick for red carpet. The bias cut on the top seems to make the whole thing saggy, and I don't think anyone needs to say anything about the feathers. They speak for themselves.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    I gotta say that I rather like Kara's pants idea. I would've maybe wanted them to be tighter, a bit more form-fitting and less loose below the shin. But I think the top is fantabulous, the colors, the beads and everything. I don't know how well it would work on a red carpet with 30,000 flashbulbs going off, but me I like shiny, happy things. Anyway. What is going on with Jenny's hair? Especially in this picture it looks like a bloated mullet. . .
    Kara's gown looks very indian to me - the colours and the style.

I'm not sure if she did this on purpose or not but I actually like the idea.

I think Jenny looked great on the runway - the hair was interesting indeed

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    Kara's gown looks very indian to me - the colours and the style.
    You know, you're right. I can definitely picture Kara's dress in Bollywood. But I can see it here in America too, so. I think that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    You know, you're right. I can definitely picture Kara's dress in Bollywood. But I can see it here in America too, so. I think that's a good thing.
    Tim says something about Bollywood in his critique of Kara Saun's dress. He actually say sit looks too ethnic, which kind of pisses me off. I'm sick of the fashion world forcing the anglo aesthetic down our throats, and cutting down anyone who dares makes something for someone who isn't descended from Europe.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Wendy's outfit is, by far, my least favorite.
    I would rank them
    1. Kara
    2. Austin
    3. Jay
    4. Wendy

I am beside myself. Wendy's design?? Oh, come on.

Austin's design was by far my favorite. What a beautiful gown. Austin and Kara Saun have always been my favorites and I thought the three of them, with Jay, would go to the finals.

I have worked in couture as a salesperson, not a designer. Couture is not meant to be worn by regular gals like you and me, except for special occasions. We don't go to Costco or Walmart in couture - at least I don't. And I love me a visit to Costco! But I appreciate couture and I know good tailoring and dress-maker details - I have my share of $500-plus suits for work. I used to sell couture to a very well financed clientele.

Because Austin had a couture sensibility, he deserved to go to Fashion Week, where his well-structured designs would be appreciated.

My hatred for Wendy is palpable. I can't believe she won on that poor little tiny halter top which had no originality. So what, it was orange. I am so outraged that Austin was out - the one designer with true originality, and personality. Kara Saun, I love her too, and Jay is a hoot. But Wendy is a B - I hate her, and her designs as well. She is the least deserving to win.

I actually agree with Wendy winning it. Based solely on this challenge, Austin did not have the worst outfit, IMO. However, it seemed like Jay and Kara were automatic ins based on their past efforts, so long as they didn't totally screw it up. I still think they both got beat by the two (Austin and Wendy) in this challenge, and this is coming from someone who loves Jay and has since the beginning. I say that:

1. Wendy; her dress looks fun and flirty, and I think is the best overall.
    2. Austin; It really was a beautiful dress and Martinique looked beautiful in it. Maybe a little glammed up for Grammy's, but I think it would work.
    3. Jay; I love Jay, and I, like most everyone else, loved the skirt and hated the top. If it had been just a little different, it would have been the best, because the skirt rocked.
    4. Kara Saun; I'm a big Kara fan too, but I don't likw the pants at all. We've seen it before, and we've seen it better. The pants should have been more form-fitting or not there at all, because the dress was stunning and could have been better received without the pants.

Austing and Wendy have just been to inconsistent and so one of them had to go, and Wendy won this round, so there goes Austin...

I don't understand how Wendy could have won the challenge. It is by far my least favorite design of the bunch. I love Austin's dress, it's just so flowy!

Wendy Pepper is a witch...I'm not interested in watching this show anymore after Austin is gone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast