+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Episode 9 portfolio

The show is a joke in that the contestants never get a chance to do show off their designing skills, in my opinion.
    I know! This is my biggest pet peeve with PR. They're trying to drum up all this drama, so they do everything they can think of to create tension and make us want to watch. It just sucks when I think of what they could've done had they had a couple of days to think, research, sketch, plan, etc.

FORT Newbie
    I think Kara's outfit would have come off the best at the grammies. After alterations Wendy's outfit was very boring looking.

I thought Kara's outfit was lovely (minus the pants), and like Tim Gunn, I loved the fact that she used the fabric on the bias.

I read somewhere that there was a dress in the fabric store that looked suspiciously like the one Wendy created for Nancy O'Dell, complete with feathers and everything. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to rewatch the episode recently, so I can't confirm if this is true. Might be interesting to watch for.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

At first I just liked Jay's top (probably not a public sentiment) and not the skirt and loved Austin's.

After looking at it again, I actually like everything about Jay's design. Very cool.
    "I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    I read somewhere that there was a dress in the fabric store that looked suspiciously like the one Wendy created for Nancy O'Dell, complete with feathers and everything. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to rewatch the episode recently, so I can't confirm if this is true. Might be interesting to watch for.
    Well, I've got the episode on the Tivo, and I went back and watched the designers shop through Mood several times, and I didn't see anything, not a single dress. Doesn't mean that it wasn't there, I just didn't see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345