+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week ***MAJOR SPOILERS***

I love Jay's collection!

Hi new to this section, just got hooked (a little late I know) on this show.

I still can't believe Nancy O'dell picked Wendy's outfit. To me its like the others said during the critique it lacked imagination and looked like a Garanamimals outfit. It also looked like the outfit she had on when she came to meet with the designers, just a plain orange top with a feather skirt, she could have bought that same outfit on Melrose in L.A. Nancy O'dell has no taste. :phhht :rolleyes

If Wendy wins what a disaster. :phhht

Jay, backstage at Marc Bouwer:

Just found this picture cute.

Fab pic Salome. Mucho thanks.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

About this last elimination, I was very sad to see Austin go, especially since Wendy Pepper got to stay -- though I did think her dress in this particular competition was better than Austin's, overall, Austin has the better portfolio -- even in spite of that godawful "wedding" dress. And Austin, Baby, if you'd simply explained WHY that particular gown said "wedding" to you instead of the traditional white, etc... I might've even been on your side for that one. But it just seemed a bit...weird-for-the-sake-of-being-weird-without-philosophy.

Kara Saun IS a professional, and much of her work is stunning. However, I have to say that I was pleased to see her lose this challenge. She said she wasn't expecting a negative reaction, and it hurt. Wow. What a novel perspective. None of these folks who're pouring their heart, soul and artistic talent into these designs (like the designs or not, like the artists or not) expects a negative reaction to their creations. Yet, week after week, it happens. And, those who weather the negative criticism simply get back up and continue on with their visions. That takes guts, and artistic passion. More than that required of one whose efforts are continually stroked by TPTB.

Only the passing of years will tell which, if any, of these designers stands the test of time. And if it happens to be one of those who wasn't encouraged by the "Project Runway" team, that only makes what Austin said in his "goodbye video" more true. I hope the other two who don't win the entire thing remember what he said.

Austin was my favorite personality, Jay my favorite designer, Kara my favorite for her calm professionalism (as well as the crispness of her designs) and Wendy my fave as an underdog (I did think the gang unfairly ganged up on her). I didn't hate any of them with a passion, and I truly wish ALL of them well in their future careers.

And, Austin, when I need that Oscar dress, there ain't nobody I'd rather have than you! Nancy O'Dell better keep her word!

And as a final, general, comment: my FAVORITE thing about this show -- the thing that, as a writer/producer in television, as well as a produced screenwriter -- makes it SUPER-FABULOUS is the extent to which Heidi Klume was cut out of it. Sure, her "people" may have come up with the concept and all that, but she's so expendable to the program. Her "auf Weiderseins" make it seem like the contestents are going in front of a firing squad. She has nothing of substance to add to what the designers are doing or facing. She is not as to Project Runway as Tyra Banks is to ANTM. ANTM wouldn't be the same show without Tyra. She's the cheesy, yet somehow touching, centerpiece of that show. Heidi, not so much. I'd much rather see TIM as the main host of the show. He's the one with the designer's eye, the inside scoop on the contestants' personalities, and the one who seems to have the most heart invested in the competition.

Whatever. I'm sure there's some contractual thing that requires Heidi's face be shown onscreen for her Gestapo Goodbyes. They're still creepy. She adds NOTHING to the show.

And those are my humble opinions.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    I was watching project runway, started catching it mainly because Heidi is one of my fave models.. and just as I was enjoying it *boom* there's news of Ann walking for Kara Saun! Who also happens to be my fave designer. (after Nora )
    Heh, what else to do but to scramble to FORT to see if its true..
    Woo Hoo!! Go Ann! Double the fashion reality tv..

I agree that Austin had alot more talent, I liked his design and it looked great on Martinque. I was looking forward to watching him at the fashion week, also because he's so amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by realfun
    And as a final, general, comment: my FAVORITE thing about this show -- the thing that, as a writer/producer in television, as well as a produced screenwriter -- makes it SUPER-FABULOUS is the extent to which Heidi Klume was cut out of it. Sure, her "people" may have come up with the concept and all that, but she's so expendable to the program. Her "auf Weiderseins" make it seem like the contestents are going in front of a firing squad. She has nothing of substance to add to what the designers are doing or facing. She is not as to Project Runway as Tyra Banks is to ANTM. ANTM wouldn't be the same show without Tyra. She's the cheesy, yet somehow touching, centerpiece of that show. Heidi, not so much. I'd much rather see TIM as the main host of the show. He's the one with the designer's eye, the inside scoop on the contestants' personalities, and the one who seems to have the most heart invested in the competition.

Whatever. I'm sure there's some contractual thing that requires Heidi's face be shown onscreen for her Gestapo Goodbyes. They're still creepy. She adds NOTHING to the show.
    I have to agree with you about this particular issue. However much it irritates me how much ANTM is about Tyra more than the actual contestants, I give the woman her due, she's got personality, and a personality that comes across. She may make you sick of her sometimes with all the relentless self-promotion all the time, but at least she's not boring. In comparison, you could completely eliminate Heidi, and it would not make a difference (at least to me), in fact, I'd go with your choice of Tim as a host, even if he did aid and compliment Cruella. Heidi is like a nice looking table centerpiece you trot out for special occassions, it looks nice, but it doesn't really add anything to the success of your dinner. The people hidden in the kitchen are responsible for that...

FORT Newbie
    Although I was sad not to see Austin get a chance at the final 3, he really was a winner. Even though his collection doesn't make the Project Runway show, he was able to get the exposure in fashion week. That's nearly as good as as being in the final 3 but not winning.

For Project Runway's sake, I'm glad that we didn't have both Wendy and Robert in the final 4. One of them was more than enough. Robert in the final 4 as well might have tarnished the winner's luster.

Unfortunately, Nora was the real loser here. I believe she would have gotten to the final 4 if she hadn't gotten eliminated in the bridal competition. The Fashion Week exposure would have done her a world of good.

Okay, so I'm not the only person who misses Nora.
    But good of her to root for Jay!

Most of the reviews I've read have placed Austin's collection on par with Wendy's or even a bit behind. The general consensus seems to be: 4. Austin 3. Wendy (not by much or at all) 2. Kara Saun 1. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Most of the reviews I've read have placed Austin's collection on par with Wendy's or even a bit behind. The general consensus seems to be: 4. Austin 3. Wendy (not by much or at all) 2. Kara Saun 1. Jay

Austin is capable of being better than Wendy by spades and spades! His collection during Fashion Week was probably only so poor because he didn't get the time OR the resources to make fabulous new outfits for the show.

On the other hand, the Pepper probably had thousands of dollars and several months to come up with outfits... and she ends up with several dresses that look like cast-off from some girl group of the 80s. She's the real loser here... especially when her "collection" is exposed to the judges of PR and ridiculed relentlessly!

+ Reply to Thread