Thread: Episode 8 Portfolio

FORT Fogey

Episode 8 Portfolio

Winner: Kara Saun - Model: Jenny

Jay - Model: Austin

Austin - Model: Martinique

Wendy - Model: Melissa

Loser: Robert - Model: Olga

I really like both Jay's and Kara Saun's, but I think Kara's looks a little more professional while Jay's is a bit more stylized. Not a bad thing, just not exactly right for this particular challenge. Wendy somehow managed to make the outfit even more frumpy, how is that possible? Robert's looks more like a tracksuit than a uniform. Austin's cape reminds me of the nanny's on Nanny 911 for some reason.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

What is UP with Jenny's face in that photo??

FORT Fogey
    Kara: Its kind of like Dsquared2 does Postal Service, then the postal service made it practical.
    Jay: Its like Dsquared2 does Postal Service, and the postal service be damned! Austin rocks it, even if he did suck in his cheeks a little too much
    Austin: It honestly reminds me of something out of a like ... I don't even know. Like maybe if Cher from Clueless got to redesign all the uniforms, this would be it. I'm not sure if that makes it costumey, but whatever. The purpe is a bit much, but its pretty I guess.
    Wendy: I actually LOVE those shorts (in these photos at least) and if she had done something different with the top (maybe like an extremely wide cut boat neck) it would have been exponentially better.
    Robert: It looks like she's going jogging. Also, if you're walking around all day, having a zipper rubbing on your quad's isn't the best.

I actually like the pants on Robert's design. Most likely because I have similar pants to those, lol. Wendy's wasn't even a design and yet, she stays because she brings the drama to the show.

Austin is a great model; that long lanky frame of his is a natural clothes hanger. And what a great sport. I've loved Austin from the beginning and this show confirmed how great this guy is; what a loving spirit. He's just up for anything; he seems like he would do anything to help out a friend, even one he's in competition with. What a wonderful man!

The only one I warm to at all is Kara Saun's. Austin's reminded me of a stewardess uniform from the 60's, especially with that cape and hairband.

Austin was such a great sport. He had the opportunity to undercut a competitor and he not only took the high road, he really worked it as best as he could. I'm so glad he's in the competition. He may not have the best designs, but he has really added a lot to the show and I look forward to his designs.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Austin: America's next top model.

This was quite the interesting episode. I, too, was so proud of Austin to step up like that . . . he just seems a good soul.

As for the designs, Kara Saun certainly is steamrolling this thing. She struck the balance between fashion and function perfectly.

I liked Austin's idea on paper, but it didn't translate well to the fabric.

Wendy achieved the near-impossible . . . made a model look fat. Yeesh . . . awful! Robert's was definitely none too impressive, but I almost disliked Wendy's more.

GO Kara

Kara - OK, even my husband liked Kara's outfit. He hates these reality shows but decided to sit with me and watch it after the kids were in bed. Thank God for DVR (cable equiv to TiVo). He even mentioned that it was sexy too. She hit a home run with that one.

Austin - was adorable and should definitely consider modeling as a career. He could model his own designs. Problem is he would have to model women's wear or at least androgynous wear. I loved Jay's butch comment. As for his rain cape, ho hum. Very un-memorable outfit. But extra points for being a quintesential professional and stepping up for Jay.

Wendy - yech, what was she thinking? Was she thinking? That blouse looked like something my Grandmother used to wear.

Robert - Zip-offs, give me a break. You can get those at Wally World.

Jay - 2nd best outfit, stylish but not really practical. I can't imagine those cotton metalic pants being worn by my size 20 letter carrier.

Robert was a good choice to drop. He's been skating by too long.

Next week.
    Since I DVR'd the show, I was able to pause the frame on the previews for next week. The outfits for the Grammy show are not very dramatic. I have to agree with Kors' comment about being underwhelmed. They just weren't edgey enough for the Grammy's. I won't give any details since this isn't a "spoiler" thread but they did show all the outfits in the preview.
    "The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars."

Peter Diamandis, X Prize Founder

Quote Originally Posted by TuckernOtis

Next week.
    Since I DVR'd the show, I was able to pause the frame on the previews for next week. The outfits for the Grammy show are not very dramatic. I have to agree with Kors' comment about being underwhelmed. They just weren't edgey enough for the Grammy's. I won't give any details since this isn't a "spoiler" thread but they did show all the outfits in the preview.
    Can you send me a private message with the details? I'm DYING to know what everyone thinks! And I heard the preview say "You'll never guess.. it's one of the favorites" or something, so I'm guessing, the Cockroach survives and one of OUR FAVORITES is out.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast