Losing Entry - Kevin's service uniform:

[IMG]images/img/1kevin.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/1kevin2.jpg[/IMG]
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Robert's streetwear:

[IMG]images/img/1robert.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/1robert2.jpg[/IMG]

Wendy's youth outfit:

[IMG]images/img/1wendy.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/1wendy2.jpg[/IMG]
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thank you so much Hepcat for posting these.

I enjoy the close up shots that Bravo gave up this time. I wish though that they would give us the end of the runway shot that every model does. You know once they hit the end they pose for a second or two before they turn and head off. Or (as I have heard suggested by others) take photos of the clothes on a maniquin so you can see them more clearly.

kara saun's is just a masterpiece.

Jay's is actually pretty good and fits well with the group (well three of them anyway)

Austin ( I was laughing when they said "There will be bullfighters in the future?!") Individually it's actually pretty good, very wearable but not that futuristic.

Robert- this picture actually makes robert's outfit look good. But let's face it week after week he relies on bull crap explanations.

Wendy- she was trying to be creative but it ended up looking non fashionable and very ugly

Kevin- the jacket is actually pretty cool but the year 2055 and not fitting it in within the group was his downfall.

final thoughts- Kara Saun deserves to win this competition, but for the entertainment value of this show, we need Jay and Austin. If it all plans well with my predicitions, it should go:

5- Wendy
    4- Robert

3- Jay
    2- Austin
    1- Kara Saun
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

FORT Fogey
    Kevin: I like it actually. Looks kinda Stewardessy.
    Austin: It looks modern in what way? None that I can discern. If modern means ugly loafer-flats, weird, badly fitting jackets, and too-long slips - he's modern... I guess.
    Kara: I love it. I don't particularly get the collar dealy, but it looks amazing overall.
    Robert: Bad picture, but from what I can tell the vest, its a bad outfit.
    Jay: Thats hot.
    Wendy: Thats not.

None of us can say definitively what it's (style) going to be like in 2055. Austin's outfit looks good. It's deconstructed (for Austin) and it was close to fitting in w/ the theme. They liked Robert's, but who's gonna wear a cut up vest in 2055. We don't know. I thought Wendy's was fine for her "character" as a youth in, what they saw as, a deconstructed world. I don't see anyone wearing what Kara Saun made either, but it sure did look good. Jay's was good too. Evin Kevin's looked good, but it was the furthest from what their goal was for their collection, which is why I think the judges made the right choice cutting him.

Ialready posted part of this on another thread but here goes:

"I disagree with the Austin was not futuristic comment. I think everyone except Kevin had a Blade Runner thing going on in their design. Kevin saw the wrong movie and went for Star Trek or something along those lines.

There's a book on Blade Runner called "Future Noir" and that's exactly what this collection was about. 1940s detective movie/future blend.

When I saw Jay's outfit I thought Pris (Daryl Hannah) would sooo wear that and kick ass in it.
    When I saw Austin's I immediately pictured Rachel (Sean Young) wearing that romantic outfit. I figured Zhora (Joanna Cassidy) would rock it in Kara's outfit.

Wendy...her outfit was supposed to be a youth outfit and to me it needed more, I don't know, it just needed to be a tad more extreme to express that youth/crazy vibe. Robert, not bad but I felt something was missing.

Like I said, I felt like Kevin was the only one who didn't get the future noir/Blade Runner memo and went ahead producing an outfit fit for a Star Trek inspired universe. It would have been fine if everyone else had produced outfits like that but the very femenine-frilly look of all the designers clashed with Kevin's outfit."

I just wonder why Kevin didn't just say ok people, we're going for Blade Runner look here. Or Mad Max. Or Flash Gordon. Whatever. And remember that so we don't end up with something that doesn't fit...like his dress.

A mini skirt service uniform? For what service? I hope it wasn't supposed to be a military service uniform... Cute, but it just clashed with everyone else.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Oublier
    Ialready posted part of this on another thread but here goes:

"I disagree with the Austin was not futuristic comment. I think everyone except Kevin had a Blade Runner thing going on in their design. Kevin saw the wrong movie and went for Star Trek or something along those lines.

There's a book on Blade Runner called "Future Noir" and that's exactly what this collection was about. 1940s detective movie/future blend.

When I saw Jay's outfit I thought Pris (Daryl Hannah).....

You read Tim's take, I can tell

Anyways, Austins still doesn't strike me as futuristic, even in the sense of Blade Runner. I also don't get Wendy's...

Yeah, I don't see it neither, and I'm a fan of Austin as well as BR. IMO it's just too much frump and not enough "future".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast