+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Judges

The Judges

I know it's a bit late in the show for this, especially since Nina hasn't been on in a while, but I'm curious to know your thoughts about the judges. Michael Kors, Nina, Betsey Johnson, Anne, Constance, and anyone else. Hate them? Love them?

I think Michael Kors rocks, especially when he's bitchy. "Excuse me, but same coloration isn't enough to make a collection."

Betsey was interesting last night. I wonder if she really sensed Kevin was the weakest, or if Kevin was disadvantaged from the format of the challenge.

Anne is one of my favorites, after Michael. That girl has claws and I love it. The cat comment was priceless. Knocked the wind right out of Wendy.

As for Nina and Constance :phhht .
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I love Michael Kors. I think him being a judge really adds weight to the show.
    I love that they bring in great people to judge. Betsy Johnson is a name even those not close to the fashion industry would recognize and I loved her input. She was a perfect choice to judge last night's designs. I have more of a problem with Heidi Klum's delivery and I think she could be replaced.

Michael Kors is by far the most qualified. I'm actually really surprised they were able to get him. ANTM has never been able to bag someone like that as a judge. I mean, come on, who's more prestigious in the fashion world: Michael Kors or Kimmora Lee Simmons?

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see him as the host (or Tim). At least Michael can speak well and knows what he's talking about. I don't know how many times I've seen Heidi in a "What Were They Thinking?" column.

Quote Originally Posted by gemma
    Michael Kors is by far the most qualified. I'm actually really surprised they were able to get him. ANTM has never been able to bag someone like that as a judge. I mean, come on, who's more prestigious in the fashion world: Michael Kors or Kimmora Lee Simmons?

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see him as the host (or Tim). At least Michael can speak well and knows what he's talking about. I don't know how many times I've seen Heidi in a "What Were They Thinking?" column.

I would love for Michael to host or Tim.
    ANTM had better step up their guest judges list to compete. I know they are different shows but having known named judges would add something to it. They should advertise the judges more as well in the previews. People might watch just to see what so and so had to say about the designers.

Nina Garcia is one big cow. Seeing her style and hearing the comments she gives to the contestants is basically cynical over the top.

Michael is just an ass kisser to Garcia, didn't hear anything relevant coming from his mouth sorry, he should call his mother and ask for advice since she's the only one who's a big " do and don't" in his collections. I think he's the one pulling for Austin. Whatever :rolleyes

The only judge who was honest and well objective was the lady from Banana Republic.

Betsy Johnson is yet to come, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    Michael is just an ass kisser to Garcia, didn't hear anything relevant coming from his mouth sorry, he should call his mother and ask for advice since she's the only one who's a big "do and don't" in his collections. I think he's the one pulling for Austin. Whatever :rolleyes
    He's such a mama's boy. I remember watching an interview where he received a call on his cell phone. "Sorry, it's my mom..." She proceeded to gossip to him about some charity function, while he totally indulged her. And then he sings her high praises.

None of the judges have really made a strong impression on me either way, but I always enjoy reading "Tim's Take" the Bravo site.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    He's such a mama's boy. I remember watching an interview where he received a call on his cell phone. "Sorry, it's my mom..." She proceeded to gossip to him about some charity function, while he totally indulged her. And then he sings her high praises.

None of the judges have really made a strong impression on me either way, but I always enjoy reading "Tim's Take" the Bravo site.
    I think Tim would be an excellent judge.

+ Reply to Thread