+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, she really has the heart of a skunk to go with that hair. It is fine to tell the truth, but the way she was kissing up to Kevin first was nauseating. I love this show because however ludicrous the challenges are it comes down to talent. True, some people get left behind, but the three strongest designers are still in. But come on, make a collection in twelve hours? Haven't this people seen how Isaac Mizrahy was at the end of "Unzipped". A starving dog wouldn't have eaten him. And he took who knows how long to do his show, and I am sure had no Wendy's to deal with and a batallion of people doing exactly what he wanted. They didn't cut Kevin any slack because they want to keep Wendy till final four and then drop the anvil on her. And she better watch out because Kevin might end up wearing her for a coat. And I am sure some people in the show would be only too happy to help make the garment.

Premium Member
    Wendy has bothered me from Day 1 - and just when I thought there was the best chance of her leaving last night - she stays! ugh! I couldn't stop smiling as she was dissin' Kevin in front of the judges and no one else would back her up. Nice.

I can't believe Kevin is 44!

I think they could've made the collection a lot easier if instead of trying to decide between options like Blade Runner or Jetsons, they had decided to do Matrix. Lots of black and greys - simple and very much kickass.

Morganza gone this week; Wendy next? < fingers crossed >

Why does everyone keep calling Kara by her first and last name, and no one else? Kara Saun. I hear it that like fifty times an episode. Don't hear them saying, tell us about your design this week, Robert Plotkin. Or what was your inspiration for this piece, Austin Scarlett. Bothers me.< /rant >

I hope Austin's dress looked better in person because the picture of it is ghastly. I posted this pic because the model, Erin, is starting to look like Austin's twin.

Regarding Wendy I agree with the bulk of you who thinks she should be gone. I think she should have left well before both Nora and Alexandria. I'm not sure what they are editing this to end up like, but so far I think the process blows!

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    Why does everyone keep calling Kara by her first and last name, and no one else? Kara Saun. I hear it that like fifty times an episode. Don't hear them saying, tell us about your design this week, Robert Plotkin. Or what was your inspiration for this piece, Austin Scarlett. Bothers me.< /rant >
    I may be wrong, but I think her name is Kara Saun like my sisters is Anne Marie. Anyone know?
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Last night's episode: Whew! That was a crazy one, I caught the midnight showing, as usual I was working and was totally wiped when I got home.

I was shocked out of a comfortable resting-in-sleeping-position-while watching-one-of-my-favorite-shows mode when Austin picked Erin over his Venus/Melissa of last week. Erin is perhaps my least favorite of the remaining models and Melissa is my favorite. I said, WHAT? Then, as the designers kept passing over Melissa until only Wendy was left to pick, I couldn't believe Melissa was going to go home (and partially at the hands of Wendy--aack). As much as I don't like Morgan and knew that it was well past time she go home, Wendy was just cruel the way she went about picking Melissa. Now I am sitting up in bed, leaning forward and stopping the "record in case I fall asleep" tape. I am fast awake now!

Very dramatic, fun-to-watch episode, I loved Jay's Holly Hobby comment and of course the one that came after it, (yes, Leeloo, i would like a tshirt), and Robert is just needing to go, but Q-uute with a capital Q!

Although Kevin lacks the drive to win the show, he probably doesn't NEED to win the show because he can fall back on his family's business, so I don't think he felt the need to comprimise his vision. He also demonstrated poor leadership. That being said, I noticed so much evidence of the other designers' "if he's going to make himself a scapegoat, let's just keep adding some more" attitude.

Either Wendy or Robert is up next to pack up the old bags. I hope like heck it's Wendy.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 01-27-2005 at 11:58 AM.
    Could does not mean should

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    I may be wrong, but I think her name is Kara Saun like my sisters is Anne Marie. Anyone know?
    According to imdb.com, that's all she's got:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1272988/

Quote Originally Posted by PJinNH
    Must be why I liked Kevin's outfit the best...the others just looked like a mess.
    It would have been fine if everyone had designed a Star Trek inspired line. But all the others stuck to Blade Runner. Communication issues I guess. The whole pod thing was also just weird.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I missed this episode... I'll hafta wait for the rerun. Damn me!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    Nah, that's her first and last name. If it was a double first name, they'd list her as "Kara Saun Blahblah".

I finally made it through this episode. I am NOT a Wendy fan and haven't been at any time during this competition. I don't appreciate her designs, I find her personality just a bit off, and think her image either needs to be polished up or funked up...basically her image is BLAH. While watching the judging of this episode, I was "shocked" at how vicious the Elle woman criticized Wendy and then how sharp her tone was when questioning Wendy about Kevin's leadership. It leads me to believe there was some "serious" editing that led up to that series of questioning. I found it to be very interesting and it left me quite curious....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast