+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wendy is really getting to be too much. Honestly, the better designer was let go tonight.

Kara Saun is absolutely amazing. Is there any doubt she's going to take the prize at fashion week?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgemini
    wendy is a psychobitch for thinking that she'll succeed by slagging others instead of with her own talent. not that she has any.

The only thing that sucks worse than her designs is her personality.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    While I liked Kevin's design, it really didn't go with the de-constructive element of what should have been his "collection" (neither did Austin's, but his wasn't even "Futuristic", but when you have immunity, I guess you can just make whatever you want anyways). He either should have added some raw edges to his design, or directed the others to be more polished in the details. Wendy's went along with the main groups look, but it just looked bleh. That judge really doesn't like her at all, and it shows. Kara's ruled this challenge, managing to look both sleek and de-constructed. Jay's was a very strong second. Robert managed to have the look, but he really relies on his charm to get by here. It seems like they are all starting to lose their energy, I guess the extremely short deadlines may be draining on them.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I disagree with the Austin was not futuristic comment. I think everyone except Kevin had a Blade Runner thing going on in their design. Kevin saw the wrong movie and went for Star Trek or something along those lines.

There's a book on Blade Runner called "Future Noir" and that's exactly what this collection was about. 1940s detective movie/future blend.

When I saw Jay's outfit I thought Pris (Daryl Hannah) would sooo wear that and kick ass in it.
    When I saw Austin's I immediately pictured Rachel (Sean Young) wearing that romantic outfit. I figured Zhora (Joanna Cassidy) would rock it in Kara's outfit.

Wendy...her outfit was supposed to be a youth outfit and to me it needed more, I don't know, it just needed to be a tad more extreme to express that youth/crazy vibe. Robert, not bad but I felt something was missing.

Like I said, I felt like Kevin was the only one who didn't get the future noir/Blade Runner memo and went ahead producing an outfit fit for a Star Trek inspired universe. It would have been fine if everyone else had produced outfits like that but the very femenine-frilly look of all the designers clashed with Kevin's outfit.

I think in the end Kara will win although I think Jay should reign supreme. I like Austin's stuff but I don't think he'll win and I'd pick him only as a finalist anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Oublier
    I disagree with the Austin was not futuristic comment. I think everyone except Kevin had a Blade Runner thing going on in their design. Kevin saw the wrong movie and went for Star Trek or something along those lines.

Must be why I liked Kevin's outfit the best...the others just looked like a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Phew, yo man is safe, Frosty!

Kara deserved to win this competition.
    Okay, Frosty, we're gonna have to duke it out over Robert! hahaha!! Well, his face looks good! LOL!

I think Kara is going to win it all.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

What is so funny about this competition is that the designers themselves don't think Robert should still be there because he doesn't get the concepts. The only reason he is there is that he is a good BS'er. Yet the judges liked his design. I wonder if that was before the BS or after???? Let's face it; he is getting by, by using his charm and he acknowledges it.

I didn't like Kevin cause to me he had no personality. He was always given an opportunity to express his views in confessional and express his creative vision on the runway and to me he always seemed as if he was holding back, as if he was hesitent, a very poor communicator. There seems to be no fire or passion in him.

I don't fault Wendy for being honest. We are brought up to be honest in our society yet when it comes to critiquing someone people get upset and say you are slagging. Was Kevin a poor leader? Yes. (Even Kara said that in the group meeting.) When asked Wendy gave her opinion. Kevin needs to recognize he has some weaknesses and needs to work on those and not complain that it was all backstabbing.

People are also complaining about Wendy's creative skills, well have we actually seen anything she has done for her personal line? No. She may have a very limited focus and we are not seeing it. Also she may be the type of person that needs more than 12 hours to put together a finished piece. (That she something she needs to work on.) I liked her sweater I don't think her stuff was any worse or better than Robert's.

If they don't get elimininated I think that Austin, Jay and Kara will be in the top 3. Again Wendy might also be in the top 3, but it will be because will be fighting tooth and nail to get there. Robert also may get into the top 3 and that will be because of his charm. I guess what I am trying to say that in the real world sheer talent does not get you to the top. Luck is involved, a lot of hard work and social skills such as networking, marketing yourself and of course some business skills. It is a package deal. Just as any actor out there. Many will tell you that they met many people much more talented than they were but they made it and part of it was due to luck and hard work and developing and using other skills.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-27-2005 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    While (neither did Austin's, but his wasn't even "Futuristic", but when you have immunity, I guess you can just make whatever you want anyways).
    Perhaps, but remember, the idea going forward would be to WIN and get immunity AGAIN
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Wow, really surprised at Wendy's behavior. Well, not really, she IS sort of childish. It's funny to me that she's a mom. What kind of example is she setting for her kids?? It's truly a sad thing to see. And she needs to get voted off.

I'm confused........are the judges supposed to judge on their work from the beginning to now or are they soley judging on the current design alone?? That just doesn't seem right to me. Because there are those that have constantly had a bad design and are still around......and those that may have had a few good designs down the line have been let go.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgemini
    i am convinced that wendy and robert have to go before final 3. and kara is right, robert totally bs'd the judges 2nite. wendy is a psychobitch for thinking that she'll succeed by slagging others instead of with her own talent. not that she has any.
    next week a post office uniform challenge, which really seems like a backwards step....
    This is a show where I've seen for weeks that it'll probably come down to Kara, Austin & Jay and it's just a matter of which of the 'also rans" go home.

Robert is totally running on charm--I think he has mediocre vision & mediocre execution.

Wendy I THINK is still there because she's a dressmaker so I assume her stuff is well constructed & leans toward mass market.

Austin-beautiful stuff & he 'plays a designer on tv'. I swear he'll get sitcom offers after wearing that postal uniform next week.

Jay--total designer--great vision of the themes, great execution

Kara--great vision, BEAUTIFUL clothes & I think she's got a practical head for the bidness end.

I think the winner will depend on what they are looking for..more 'ready to wear' and a good overall professional acumen OR haute couture and personality.

I was going to edit this considerably but figure no one'll read it anyway and I like getting it off my chest. SO suck my a** inside out (anyone else want a t-shirt?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast