+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Heidi

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    Heidi - the lights are on but no one's home.

It's not just the language barrier, she seems like a total dim bulb. I'm still pissed at her for making Jay slave away on that dress for her and then she screws him over at the last minute.

She's trying way too hard to move beyond being "just" a model.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    Yes, this is her third child. I just read the article in TV Guide. And, yes again, her first child was with an Italian race car driver (his name escapes me). TV Guide asked if one of the challenges this time would be maternity wear since she is pregnant again. She said she wasn't sure, as most of the challenges have a pretty tight time constaint.
    Her first baby-daddy was Flavio Briatore. He's the managing director of the Renault Formula One racing team.

He's old and not an attractive man.

Well, a few comments on the Emmy dress. I'm going to defend Heidi, though I agree that she could have handled it better. I like Jay. I think he's very talented and he's often very funny. But he has a lot to learn about working with clients.

Heidi asked him months before the Emmys to make her dress. He procrastinated until less than 10 days before the event (he saw Tim around then and said something like, "I should probably start working on that"). Then he shows her it for the first time only a few days before the Emmys and she doesn't like it (costume-y and fabric looked cheap--or at least not expensive) and it apparently is WAY too small. Now, a very pregnant Heidi fit into a stretchy Michael Kors size 8 dress, so it's not like she ballooned to outrageous proportions. When Jay showed his dress to Kara Saun, she didn't appear to like it either.

Yes, he had to work hard to remake the dress with only a few days left. He was still working on it a few HOURS before the Emmys--she hadn't seen it and didn't know if it would fit. Plus, it must have smelled like an ashtray--he was smoking the whole time and there would be no time to have it cleaned. Initially, I saw it from Jay's perspective, but then I thought about it--he was pretty unprofessional with the whole thing.

I agree that she should have called him herself that morning, but she was getting ready for the event and had the 2 kids to deal with, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat View Post
    Well, a few comments on the Emmy dress. I'm going to defend Heidi, though I agree that she could have handled it better. I like Jay. I think he's very talented and he's often very funny. But he has a lot to learn about working with clients.

Heidi asked him months before the Emmys to make her dress. He procrastinated until less than 10 days before the event (he saw Tim around then and said something like, "I should probably start working on that"). Then he shows her it for the first time only a few days before the Emmys and she doesn't like it (costume-y and fabric looked cheap--or at least not expensive) and it apparently is WAY too small. Now, a very pregnant Heidi fit into a stretchy Michael Kors size 8 dress, so it's not like she ballooned to outrageous proportions. When Jay showed his dress to Kara Saun, she didn't appear to like it either.

Yes, he had to work hard to remake the dress with only a few days left. He was still working on it a few HOURS before the Emmys--she hadn't seen it and didn't know if it would fit. Plus, it must have smelled like an ashtray--he was smoking the whole time and there would be no time to have it cleaned. Initially, I saw it from Jay's perspective, but then I thought about it--he was pretty unprofessional with the whole thing.

I agree that she should have called him herself that morning, but she was getting ready for the event and had the 2 kids to deal with, etc.
    Thanks for the info, alphacat - I had been feeling terrible for Jay about that, but if he waited until the last minute to do the dress in the first place, then you're right, Heidi's not totally to blame.

By request - screen caps of Heidi's cocktail dress from "Couture du Jour".

(I apologise for graphics quality - I had to lighten the pix to show the detail.)

Moi
    I didn't like her outfit on the runway today. It looked very strange on her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567