+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 6 Portfolio

i thought roberts was the worst by far. and i thought that wendy's was pretty, but she should have gotten the boot just for the fact that (1) it wasn't a swimsuit), (2) she didn't even make a bottom, and (3) the material that she used to make a pretty suit wasn't even capable of getting wet without looking jacked up.

however, alexandra shot herself in the foot by saying her inspiration was other designers, much in the same way that vanessa did when she admitted that she was the weakest link.

I don't know whether it's just cause of the hair or what, but I kept thinking Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous every time I saw Jay's model in that suit. Between the look of the model and the look of the outfit I could just SO see Patsy wearing something like that and I was every time they showed her.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I don't know whether it's just cause of the hair or what, but I kept thinking Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous every time I saw Jay's model in that suit. Between the look of the model and the look of the outfit I could just SO see Patsy wearing something like that and I was every time they showed her.
    I knew she reminded me of someone! I still like Julia though. She seems nice and fun.

My ranking:
    1. Jay
    2. Austin
    3. Kevin (finally a design w/ SLEEVES!)
    4. Wendy
    5. Kara
    6. Alexandra
    7. Robert
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    My rankings:

1. Austin
    2. Kevin
    3. Jay
    4. Wendy
    5. Kara
    6. Alexandra
    7. Robert (VOMIT)

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    You are so right!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Kara's was very nice, if not original (I'd have liked to see that lovely coverup/shawl used as a sarong or dress over the suit maybe) she was lucky she had a pass. Robert's was a mess, the detailing made no sense, it reminded me of his BR dress. Jay's was great, but it could have been from Versace's 94/95 collection. That's both good and bad. I really liked Wendy's, the colors were great. While it was more dress than the judges would have liked, I think Wendy was kind of thinking of what she might feel comfortable wearing as a swimsuit. Kevin's was more like clothing that could be worn swimming, rather than swimwear you could wear out on the town. He was lucky that he was able to get it back together after Morgan trashed it. Austin's was lovely, but I might have liked it more if the sheer top fabric was a little closer to the color of the under fabric (which was really, really cool in it's own right).

I have to agree again that Bravo is not doing the fans a favour with the quality of the pictures they post. They seem to use shots of the models walking, instead of when they pose at the end of the runway. These also look like video stills instead of actual photographs. They can do better than that.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by turntotheleft
    Jay's suit high-kicks ass. Best of the week as far as I'm concerned...but dude has got to strike right-wing words like "feminazi" from his vocabulary. Gross!
    But if he used "left-wing words" it would be acceptable? While I was surprised to use a Rush Limbaugh coined word leave his mouth, I saw nothing wrong with it.

I thought Kevin's suit was at least "original". All of the others had been done before. Austin admitted in the cutting room that he was inspired by Ester Williams disigner suits and the other suits I've seen and worn. I think I saw Robert's at WalMart last year, lol. But at least it was a suit and I liked that he had people in mind other than a size 2.

Wendy's was just unfinished but she was on the right track I think. The color was beautiful and if that was part of a cover up with a simple suit under it would have been great.

I think if Morgan had taken off the skirt instead of ridiculously pulling her skirt down it would have maybe made more of an impression.

As far as the the eliminations go, it's clear that the odds are stacked in favor of a gay guy winning and think that they will fit into the disign world and make a bigger splash with the flamboyant over the top image. I've seen disaster from all of them but the guys get by with it and the girls go home. Wah......

H2O
    Alexandra: Fatal mistake to admit to inspiration of a specific suit by a specific designer. While Austin was "inspired" by E.Williams, Alexandra appeared to rip off a design.

Austin: Glamourous suit. You could only swim in it without the sheer blue fabric on top. Melissa's hair and makeup inspired the E.Williams comparison - well done.

Jay: Modern but not original. I certainly never want to try and figure out how to put that suit on.

Kara: Boring.

Kevin: If he removed the sleeves and collar it would have been more understandable as a suit. The skirt would have been cooler if you had a side zipper to remove it with. That would have made an impact on the runway.

Robert: Didn't fit. The stripes reminded me of the awful leopard stripes on the evening dress outfit.

Wendy: Loved the color of the suit. No bottom and it was unclear if the fabric was swimmable - I think she should have been ranked lower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast