Jay
    [IMG]images/img/jay5.jpg[/IMG]

Kevin
    [IMG]images/img/kevin5.jpg[/IMG]

Austin
    [IMG]images/img/austin5.jpg[/IMG]

Nora (eliminated)
    [IMG]images/img/nora5.jpg[/IMG]

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I would have liked Wendy's design better if it didn't have the red accents and red shoes. That spoils the elegance of it, IMO.

I like the idea of the ruffles in Alexandra's design but they look very poorly aligned. If there was some flow and pattern to it, it might have looked very nice but as it is, it looks shoddy.

The bodice on Robert's design looks like it's made of cotton balls. It even manages to make a skinny model look puffy and frumpy so I could imagine what it would look like on an average size lady. Yikes!

As for Austin, I had to agree with the judges that just because his model didn't want the traditional wedding gown didn't mean he should give up the basic components of a wedding dress. He could have given her a miniskirted wedding dress or something else that still in some way resembled a wedding dress. It's like building a yacht for someone who doesn't want the traditional yacht and building them a bicycle with water wings. It's nowhere near the target item. I'm just so glad he didn't get eliminated for his boo-boo.

Kara definitely deserved to win. I liked her design much better than the others.

Kara's was just awesome. If I had the figure, I'd wear it! Though I can't imagine having the priest standing before me.
    I actually really liked Wendy's. I think the hint of red, the traditional color of true love (can I call it that?) was classy, as was the design... but Kara's was better.
    Liked Kevin's. Hope they send the model packing.
    Alexandra's was nice... original.
    Nora. Nora Nora Nora. My last name is Rose and I thought that was a either a Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen off the rack.... or a full size Barbie. Either way, the roses weren't the most offensive part. The cookie cutter bodice and skirt were. I thought the model's sketches looked moch more involved and may have been, if frufru, at least original and interesting.
    Jay? Please don't pick "Morganza" again.
    I'd call her "Morganzilla."
    Robert. I can't figure why they were so hard on Nora when Robert's dress looked like it was off the rack from Macy's.

Austin.
    I'm still not over his, ahhhh, wedding dress.

Does anyone else think the models aren't bright enough to come up with all these little twists and are really being paid to throw the occasional melodramatic wrench into the show?
    I do.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Jay- originally one of my least favorite, now very near the top of my list. I loved the dress, and I thought I would hate it. He took Morganza's freakiness and made something really beautiful.

Kara- Pretty, but I didn't think it was original. It looked like something you would see in a Vera Wang show. Maybe that's a compliment. But I don't think Kara is very versatile.

Alexandra- Should have been in the top two. It looked wedding-y and feminine and lovely, but unlike anything else out there.

Kevin- that dress is hanging in the window of a shop down the street from me. Apparently, Russians aren't the only ones who like sparklies.

Robert- Generic, boring, and unflattering. He would have been in my bottom two.

Austin- I don't like it (who could), but I think it was unfair of the judges to stomp him for not doing a traditional white dress, when Heidi said at the beginning that a wedding dress could be a red miniskirt. Obviously, they didn't mean that. The dress was hideous, but I think Austin was trying to do the opposite of his usual. At least he took a risk.

Unlike Nora- who I liked, and will miss, but she deserved to go.

ETA: Whoops, I forgot Wendy. I guess that says how much of an impression her dress made on me.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

bummer, the quality of these pics is low. i was looking forward to seeing pics of the dresses today.

I know what you mean, Sher. I was a bit disappointed with them when I went to the website myself.

i did too, lobie, so i knew it wasn't your fault. i just really wanted to see great shots of the wedding dresses... especially jay's. might want that dress for myself.

My rankings:

Kara- awesome dress. thumbs way up.
    Jay- awesome dress. thumbs way up. these two had BETTER make final three.

Wendy- the asymmetry is really overdone and a bit distracting, but the basic concept is really nice- sophisticated yet original, and very "wendy". my fave of wendy's designs.
    Alexandra- On its own, this dress would be awesome, but this thing is IT LOOKS JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER DESIGNS SHE'S MADE! Especially the Banana Republic one. She needs to change it up a bit.
    Kevin- Maybe this isn't the best picture of it, but I'm not too impressed. The fit is awkward and ill-constructed, it seems.

Nora- Meh.
    Robert- Meh. Martinique makes it looks good, but the dress itself is unflattering and predictable. Wedding dress meets Ballerina.
    Austin- What the hell was he thinking??? As much as I love him being on the show, he should have been eliminated for this design.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast