+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 Portfolio

FORT Fan
    That reminds me - I thought it was hysterical when Olga was trying to say "corset" and said "carseat". Pure fun!

Personally I only really like Jay's and Wendy's.

Kara: Very pretty. I love the color of the fabric. This reminds me a bit of Helmut Lang's latest, but less inspired.
    Robert: Is it only me, or is Robert's dress just as "local bridal shop" as Nora's?
    Alexandra: Ruffle overload! But I kind of like it...
    Wendy: I think this is Wendy's best work. Please lose the red shoe.
    Jay: My favorite, very elegant.
    Kevin: Should thank his lucky stars for the automatic in...
    Austin: This is so hideous! I loved the reaction of Heidi's face and share the same sentiments.
    Nora: Lack of originality aside, I don't think the dress works on aesthetic level. There isn't enough balance between roses at the hem and the rest of the dress, and I know the color of the roses was not intended, but I don't like the color combo. (Would have preferred a more antique white.) Still a fan of Nora, though.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I KNEW Kara was the repetitive type! Her design looks so similar to her other work - Notice the deep V neck cut in ALL her designs so far?

Kara is good but she needs to change! If she had her own shop it would only suit a particular type of people and only includes the same set of 'styles'.

> Wendy's design is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    I KNEW Kara was the repetitive type! Her design looks so similar to her other work - Notice the deep V neck cut in ALL her designs so far?![/I]
    I dunno... all because all of them have deep V necks doesn't mean they aren't all different. How does having the same type of v neck make them all the same?

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    I dunno... all because all of them have deep V necks doesn't mean they aren't all different. How does having the same type of v neck make them all the same?
    To me it seems like she's playing it safe and choosing designs that she is familiar with - nothing overly creative. Sure her designs have been great but I am the type of person who would love designs that are a step further outside the norm.

Kara seems all about deep V neck cuts and flowing frills.

Also, I would never call her untalented or worthless of being in the competition - I believe she is one of the best and her designs are always complete and ready but I would just love to see her design something different.

Auction Update

This is shocking... Wendy's dress (as of now) is beating everyone else's at $305. That's $10 more than Kara's!
    http://projectrunway.at.edeal.com/

The other interesting part is Kevin and Robert's dresses are not up for sale. I wonder if the models got them... which males me wonder if Olga really liked it after all and perhaps Kevin modified it for her some (y'know, like added a lining.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Holy ass! I had no idea the clothes go up for auction... I'm outta the loop! I can't believe they're so cheap too! Not really cheap, but not very expensive. Too bad there's no way I could fit into a size 0, I'm sure all the models are (maybe I can fit something on my fattest cat). I love Jay and Kara's dresses, I'm very glad they won. I soooo would have wanted Jay's Sarah Hudson design from last week!!! That one seems to have been the most expensive sale! I see why, I'd prance around the house in the detachable skirt/belt thingy all day!
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    This is shocking... Wendy's dress (as of now) is beating everyone else's at $305. That's $10 more than Kara's!
    I guess we shouldn't be surprised. It's wearable, and Wendy's design would look nice even on someone without a model figure.

I wouldn't go over $170 for any of these designs, and only if it were wearable, so I don't think I'll ever win. I got Shandi's Fairchild Italian challenge outfit for $80; I totally robbed her, but no one else bid!

Kara - Beautiful!
    Robert - Okay. I don't think the top fit well.
    Alexandra - It's okay but I don't really like it as a wedding dress.
    Wendy - Don't like it. I'm suprised she thought she was going to win.
    Jay - I like it a lot! Probably my second favorite.
    Kevin - Boring and didn't seem to fit well.
    Austin - I actually like it a lot...just not as a wedding dress.
    Nora - So cheesy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast