+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 Portfolio

WAAAAAIIIITTTTTTT Just a corn pickin' minute, here.
    Olga wore Austin's husk dress but KEVIN'S was itchy??????
    What, are we getting a weeeee bit overconfident there, dearie?

I say again, I think the producers have models planting melodrama. That, or they hope to at least get a part on a soap opera.
    :phhht
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

The Auction is up!!

Oh my. The Auction is up

http://projectrunway.at.edeal.com/

Austin - 6 bids - up to $50.
    Kara - 4 bids - up to $45
    (Why the hell did I freeze my credit card in a block of ice?????)
    Wendy - 3 bids for $30

No bids yet on the others.
    This one is sure to be fast and furious
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Does it say anywhere what size these dresses are?

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Does it say anywhere what size these dresses are?
    No, but look at the models. I'm guessing sizes 2-4
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Size 2-4 extra long. Some of us would have to take the hems up like half a foot.

I like Kara Sun's, but I'm starting to get the feeling she's a one-trick pony. The neckline is like a combination of her yellow art deco dress and the quasi-military "envy" dress. Still, it's lovely, and she actually used fabric I can see on a wedding dress, unlike some of the others.

You know who really surprised me? Wendy. I like the asymetrical strap and the tiny bit of red. I do wish she had run an iron over those puffy hems. But look at that skirt - I think it would make a stunning dress if she wasn't limited by the budget and could get a great fabric for it.

In that picture, the model in Nora's dress looks like she's saying, "Look what crap got all over my skirt!"
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I'm in ANTM-withdrawal, and discovered this show late in the game. Have only seen two episodes -- this and the Banana Republic ep. And I'm really loving it.

Kara's design was really stunning, and the detail (which isn't clear in these pics) of the pearls was lovely. It doesn't strike me as Vera Wangish.

Jay's was my second favorite. The bottom of it was really beautiful, and Morgan did have leg room -- what she was doing was tripping over it because it was too long. Jay said he wanted to take it up a little right before the show, but she refused. The gloves and wrap, were perfect accents.

Robert -- I thought this one was even worse than Nora's.

Alexandra. She's definitely got a style. I'm not drawn to it -- too Stevie Nicks meets Holly Hobby for me -- but she does have a vision. I respect that.

Wendy's I liked. The lines flow very nicely, and I liked the asymmetry of it. I'm not sure about the red accent, though. I wondered if I'd have liked it better if she'd used a different fabric of white instead of red for the accent. But it was tied with Jay's as my second fave.

Kevin's is kind of whatever, for me. But I thought he did a good job of balancing his client's demands with his own ideas. His "bride"/model was a brat.

Austin. Huh. I didn't like the design, but did enjoy the weirdness of it. I just wish that Austin could have articulated what, about that particular dress, said "wedding" to him. The other dresses bore the hallmarks of what we think of as wedding gowns, but since he dispensed with those hallmarks, I wanted to see how he felt his dress was a reinterpretation of the idea of a wedding gown. As presented, it was just a kooky dress.

Nora's. Not good.

So far, I really like Jay, Austin and Wendy. And Morgan may be nuts, but she's a hoot and a half to watch! I haven't got any sense of Alexandra as a person yet, and sometimes mix up Robert and Kevin.

Anyway, my two cents. So glad to have found this show!!

i would buy the dress jay made for morgan, but she's 5'10, and was probably in heels... and i can't imagine a seamstress could take it up for my 5'6" frame and make it look good.

Hi all:

Austin's dress was such a mess. I love him, but he is going to have to take up a couple of notches. I don't get the love for Wendi's dress. It looked pretty unfinished and shapeless to me, and her attitude toward Austin was just horrible. I hope they end her reign as resident schemer soon. I really liked Kara's dress although it is true that it looks too much like her other stuff. But she has beautiful, clean lines. Also loved the way she diffused Martinique's complaints by telling her the fabric was expensive. What a pro! Always loved Jay. His personality is entertaining (if a tad abrasive), but he has backed it up with great designs.

What I love about Kara's work is that she seems to really complete her deisgns and finish them so beautifully. They never look rushed, the seams don't pucker, they always fit well...she truly does high quality work. Her designs are more simplistic but also very eleganct, which I think reflects Kara and her vision.

Each episode Jay moves up on my list. I was really worried about how his wedding dress would turn out, but it looked good...although he should have gone with his gut and adjusted that hem a bit.

Austin can do beautiful work but he is having a serious identity crisis. I'm glad they have given him another chance and I hope he pulls through.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Austin's wedding dress looked more to meet the challenge from last week--I think it would have done better than the bo-peep costume. But what I really didn't like about it was that the seams, especially the neckline & the straps, looked very messy and poorly done. Maybe it was just the way it was shot, but the sewing reminded me {quelle horror} of Starr's!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast