+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by geobabe
    So good job Jay. Vomit and love.
    This is my new favorite phrase ... !
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

OK, my first giggle of the night.... did anyone notice the Banana Republic commercial touting sleepwear? I would swear that the dressing gown was made from the EXACT same fabric that Austin used for his party dress (which I noticed because I loved the fabric!)

I got to watch the episode twice last night, lucky me. Think I'll start taping them.

Nora. Nora Nora Nora. Get a grip.

Vanessa. Yup, the weakest link. Buh-byeeee

Austin. That dress was so God awful I don't think Cortney Love would wear it if you spattered it with blood.

Kevin. Wait? Kevin, right? Now I'm all confused. Liked his dress, figured it would win, but wasn't my favorite. I thought the men's tie strap look would appeal to her. However, I saw it and was thinking it looked like Pat Benetar's dress in the "Love is a Battlefield" video (soooooooo 80's!)

Jay. My problem with this was the whole package. The hair and makeup really distracted from the very cool dress. I, too, loved the belt idea. I loved the leather. I loved the model. But the HAIR oh my GOD!
    :phhht

Austin didn't get crucified for saying "I'd rather go home than chose."
    But then, heeheehee, let's note that he DID, in fact, chose!

I still love Kara. What a pro. I'm rooting for her!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Can we please get rid of Wendy next? She's about as useless as her designs.

I'm so tired of listening to her go on with her plan of sabotaging somebody before the next elimination. She's focusing on the wrong thing and she needs to start concentrating on the task at hand .

Jay is so freakin' annoying but I absolutely love his vision on some of these designs. He continues to come up with stuff that I would buy. I hope he's in the top 2 because I would LOVE to see his collection.

This episode pissed me off to no end. I don't need my beloved Project Runway to turn into The Apprentice Season 2.

I loved this show previously for making eliminations based on design and execution - I hate to say it but the designer with the weakest dress should have been the one to go. If "collaboration" must be the challenge, with everyone vulnerable but only three designing, then the weakest team player FROM ANY TEAM should get the heave-ho. We all know who that was.

Instead, Vanessa goes home for assessing that she's a slow sewer, when that team worked well together and had no problem executing Austin's vision. She just happened to be on the losing team through no fault of her own. We're meant to think, from the convuluted runway segment, that she would have stayed if she'd found some fault in someone else. That's not "selling yourself" it's "selling someone else out" and it's nothing but the worst kind of reality tv baloney in this case. The reason that team lost is because the Cyndi Lauper-wannabe didn't like Austin's dress, it had nothing to do with a weak link in his team.

Thoroughly disgusted.

Good points all.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by LATAS
    OK, my first giggle of the night.... did anyone notice the Banana Republic commercial touting sleepwear? I would swear that the dressing gown was made from the EXACT same fabric that Austin used for his party dress (which I noticed because I loved the fabric!)
    Not only did I notice the floral pattern, but I could have sworn I saw one with the pink and black color combo that killed Starr. Guess it's okay for sleepwear, but not holiday dresses? :rolleyes
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    Did anyone else almost choke when austin said that thing about Robert not messing w/him because he's bigger and stronger than robert?

I kinda like the corssent ideas Ausitn had but it the outfit overall really wasn't right for the artist, white w/baby blue trim doesn't scream rock-n-roll.

H2O
    Quote Originally Posted by turntotheleft
    ...I don't need my beloved Project Runway to turn into The Apprentice Season 2.

I loved this show previously for making eliminations based on design and execution ...
    Amen to that. I hope this team thing was a once in the series variation on what has been a intriguing format.

The explanation why the episode had teams - designers can't control everything, they must rely on other designers, and they'll have to determine if their staff are executors or sub par - was acceptable.

Unfortunately the episode missed teaching this point because no one knew how they'd be judged.

The human interactions were merely annoying. I want to see designs.

Austin missed the boat on his design. This could have been the design that won, but he changed the colour that he and Sara discussed, his design was not edgy enough. The drama was a bit much, and I wonder if it was an act.

Nora, really desearved to go. Did she not listen, this challenge was about collaboration, The poorest design/designer was not going to be eliminated. The poorest collaborater would be. If it wasn't for Vanessa having a serious case of foot in mouth disease Nora would be bye bye. I don't think she get's it.

While Nora was absolutely out of control, Vanessa wasn't perfect. If Austin knew how much Vanessa was trying to edit his design behind his back, he wouldn't have needed to use her sewing as an excuse to get rid of her.

Vanessa was a bad team player. But nowhere near as bad as Nora.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast