+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Sarah Hudson. Apparently, she's Kate Hudson's cousin.
    Thank you.

I'm watching the Nora meltdown right now. Good Lord. Get a grip woman.

FORT Fanatic
    Vanessa wins for giving the worst answer ever. Yes, she was honest but in competition you never say that you are the weakest link. I thought Nora should have gone home and she would have if Vanessa didn't give that stupid answer. Oh well, Nora and Wendy are gone next. Those two are way below the level of the others.

So I'm totally lost. Tons of scenes from the preview were totally missing from the actual show. What's up with that?

Had Vanessa been snarky enough and gone for Wendy's throat instead of hanging herself, Nora would have so been out and would have deserved it. She needs to grow up.

I was rather upset that Jay didn't win. Kevin's design, while nice enough, was a pastiche, and Sarah Hudson had problems with the straps (and maybe the bustier as well) while she was performing.

Definitely not as lovely as Jay's. His design embodied rock, and once again was absolutely exquisite.

Austin lost his grip. Such a drama queen.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

My poor little Austin needs to buck up too. He has such a soft heart. I'm just afraid the sharks are going to eat him. Jay is growing on me every week. He's just so deliciously bitchy.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    So I'm totally lost. Tons of scenes from the preview were totally missing from the actual show. What's up with that?

Had Vanessa been snarky enough and gone for Wendy's throat instead of hanging herself, Nora would have so been out and would have deserved it. She needs to grow up.

I was rather upset that Jay didn't win. Kevin's design, while nice enough, was a pastiche, and Sarah Hudson had problems with the straps (and maybe the bustier as well) while she was performing.

Definitely not as lovely as Jay's. His design embodied rock, and once again was absolutely exquisite.

Austin lost his grip. Such a drama queen.

Corprip,
    The previews last time were for the remainder of the series. That's why there were scenes that didn't show up on this episode.

Thanks, Mariner.

I just want to add that Austin has a serious problem with producing more costume than fashion pieces. He's very lucky he wasn't eliminated on the basis of his design failing.

The only challenge Austin really won was the first episode when they didn't even really have to produce "fashion", just innovate designs with bizarre materials. By that measure, Austin's corn husk dress was truly fabulous. But everything afterwards has been a downward slide into costume.

He's really going to have to step it up to survive from here; I fear he was resting on his laurels a bit in the Banana Republic challenge and it's catching up with him. His game is way off.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    I get hacked that Morgan is still there after being late and now making a fuss about dying her hair. You're the MODEL! Be the design.
    I *was* going to say "she'll probably be eliminated next week" because it doesn't sound like she's been making any strong supporters amongst the group, she alienated Kara the first week, doesn't sound like Jay likes her, she probably didn't make points with Austin by balking at having her hair dyed, and the one most likely to pick her, Vanessa, is now gone. But I saw for the promo for next week that Jay has to design for her, so I guess someone else bought the farm instead.

I'm still laughing at Austin saying he's bigger and stronger than Robert...um, excuse me, Austin, much as I love you, the boy could whip your ass without breaking a sweat.

I'm also still amazed that some of these people would make such unprofessional asses of themselves on national television, possibly to be seen by prospective employers, much less have word of it get back to Tim and possibly the judges. You get assigned as part of the support team for a designer, something which you may well have to do in real life as part of your career, and you start deviating from the instructions that designer has given you, wanting to buy things he hasn't asked for, arguing with him about the design, arguing about time constraints, making comments, stomping out before the work is finished. Oh yeah, real good idea. I'm also beginning to wonder if some of the contestants weren't chosen at a support group for the completely paranoid -- something goes missing, let's immediately assume it was STOLEN, it was SABOTAGE. Then let's make matters worse by making repeated comments within hearing of everyone else about the "stolen" piece and "stealing" in general, prompting one of our competitors to leave her work and break out into her own special showtunes, then when someone quite rationally points out they should have just remade the missing pattern piece instead of wasting, go into a hysterical fit, completely lose focus, start crying and stop working. Even better way to impress prospective employers.

I'm also surprised that Jay's design didn't end up being the top one. That leather top was really stylish, and the removable skirt made it more versatile. Maybe they needed a more in your face model. Unfortunately, even though I personally would have preferred the Bo Peep dress myself, Austin was a little too froo froo for his target customer once again, but I liked Jay's design so much better than Kevin's. Kevin's seemed a little too basic, a lot like Robert's design was last episode, and if it weren't for crying fits, arguments and temper tantrums, I'd be absolutely amazed that Kevin's team was running so far behind time that they were worried about finishing. It just didn't look that exacting or time consuming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    That is totally BOGUS that Vanessa went home instead of Nora.
    Why? Nora's young, but she has already has an identifiable style, and I like how conceptual she is. Her lawn chair dress was amazing; I personally liked the second piece, too, elegant and interesting. Vanessa is not memorable to me. Not to mention, she can't sew.

Jay's "French prostitutes in the future" idea cracked me up, but I liked his finished design the best. Austin (what a sensitive fellow) seems to gather too much of his inspiration from the Disney versions of fairy tales. I thought the winning hot pink number was the worst: rather tacky and represented an unoriginal "rock star" style.

How appropriate was the "I'm a girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown" song in this episode for both Nora and (according to my little brother) ... Austin?

Wasn't Betsey Johnson supposed to be a judge, or is my mind playing tricks on me?
    Last edited by Salome; 01-06-2005 at 05:54 AM.

Kevin's design=horrible. And Sarah Hudson just looked...thick... in it at the very end. Not to mention it was painfully unoriginal. This plus Kevin's permanent drunk-bloat face is starting to add up to some serious annoyance.

Loved Jay's design. Actually, when I first saw it, I kind of wanted to throw up. But then I realized just how cool the top was. And the belt. And the pants. And maybe even the weird skirt. So good job Jay. Vomit and love.
    Also, Jay's team seemed to work together MUCH better than the other teams. Good leadership or good luck? Either way, this guy's really grown on me.

I don't even know what to say about Austin's dress. I love him dearly and squeal every time I see him with curlers in his hair, but....... no words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast