+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post your predictions for the Final 3

I agree- Kara and Jay SHOULD be in the top 3, and the third spot is up for grabs- anyone could be in.

My rankings for 3rd:
    Kevin- Can't quite put my finger on his "style"- he adapts to each challenge and just gets inside whatever the task requires. I thought his Banana Republic dress was really nice, and he understood this past episode that it's okay to make an ugly dress if that's what the client wants. I'll bet his wedding dress will be one of the better ones, but since he's immune it won't really matter.

Austin- seems to be the fan favorite, for sure. But I don't think the judges are as fond of his designs- they aren't easily marketable, even if they are feminine and beautiful. They've been "ragging" (haha) on his last two designs. The wedding dress should definitely be right up his alley.

Nora- See, now, I really liked all her designs, but good lord- if Vanessa hadn't committed sin #1 in reality TV (saying you are the weakest link), she'd definitely be gone this week after that fit. Her envy dress was wedding dress-ish. If she can show she can work well with her wedding "client", she should be safe.

Robert- Another one whose style is difficult to pin down. I loved his penis envy outfit, but other than that his work hasn't really impressed me (the banana republic dress was especially memorable). His dress could be great or mediocre- I have a feeling it will not be one of the strongest up there.

Alexandra- Unlike Kevin and Robert, her style is easy to pin down. Maybe too easy. Her stuff has all looked the same to me so far, and I'm not sure how flexible and creative she is. This wedding dress challenge could be difficult for her.

Wendy- I think "The Long Shot" is appropriate. Her first two designs were unimpressive, then she goes and wins the Banana Republic competition. But unless she's really learned from all the criticism she got the first few times, I can't see her outlasting all the others. She's gonna really have to bust her @$$ on the wedding dress task, because she's had a tendency to do slipshod execution in the past.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    Wendy- I think "The Long Shot" is appropriate. Her first two designs were unimpressive, then she goes and wins the Banana Republic competition. But unless she's really learned from all the criticism she got the first few times, I can't see her outlasting all the others. She's gonna really have to bust her @$$ on the wedding dress task, because she's had a tendency to do slipshod execution in the past.
    This should be an interesting one to watch. Wendy, as many of you may know, owns a boutique in Virginia which specializes in wedding fashion. I'm sure she'll feel this is a shoo-in for her. But the ghost of Starr may yet haunt her, because who can forget how our dear Starr "knew" she'd be perfect in the BR challenge, then went on to crash and burn? If Wendy does lose the wedding challenge, imagine how embarrassing that would be... talk about bad publicity.

I am really worried about Jay in the next one though. That witch Morgan might screw him over. I'll be so pissed!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    My Top 3 Pick:

Jay (rulez)
    Kara
    Kevin
    Those are my picks, too. I can see the pressure getting to Austin and that might get him eliminated.

Nora and Jay are my favorites, I'm not sure about the third spot yet.

my picks for final three:

Jay
    Kara
    Kevin

All three have been solid so far and showed that they're versatile as well. As much as I like Austin, I think he'll be eliminated sooner than we might've anticipated. He has been as diverse in his designs as these three and his style is so vintage/victorianian that it lacks marketability.

i totally agree about Austen gracie -- i'll be surprised if he makes it past tonight. he's so strong willed, i doubt he'll let a model dictate the look of one of his creations. after all, he's been dreaming of his wedding since he was a little girl.
    i say final 3 -- KARA, Jay for sure; wildcard -- Kevin or alexandra (is that her name?)

You know, some posts ago my top three were Jay, Kara, and Kevin too. But it suddenly hit me: Alexandra just may be tenacious enough to hang in there to make the top three.

Plus, given her highly commercial, wearable style she herself touts, she may end up being the perfect candidate for Banana Republic. She's young and not yet established, so I bet she's highly mouldable, also perfect for a mentorship position. I'm wondering if she might not end up winning. Alexandra could be a sleeper contestant.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Personally, I don't think Alexandra will last beyond the next few weeks. Her designs have always been in the middle and her dress in the BR challenge was only liked by the guest judge, the others didn't think much of it. Also, she's not very memorable and neither are her designs.

My picks are: Kara, Jay and either Kevin or Austin. As already mentioned, Austin needs to show more versatility, he should do well in this weeks challenge but I think the following week will be crucial for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Personally, I don't think Alexandra will last beyond the next few weeks. Her designs have always been in the middle and her dress in the BR challenge was only liked by the guest judge, the others didn't think much of it.
    But, that guest judge worked for whom? Banana Republic

Corprip may have hit upon something here...hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Personally, I don't think Alexandra will last beyond the next few weeks. Her designs have always been in the middle and her dress in the BR challenge was only liked by the guest judge, the others didn't think much of it. Also, she's not very memorable and neither are her designs.
    I think you're right. Alexandra has yet to demonstrate any originality, and her style resembles an Iowa sorority girl's. Forget Banana Republic, she looks straight out of Charlotte Russe or Forever 21. Not to say that her designs haven't been pretty... I'd just like to see Alexandra, Kara, and Kevin take more chances, before I'll have reason to care.

Robert is looking weak to me right now. I don't like any of his pieces, and he seems to think he can slide by based on his "charm." (Perhaps he can.) Wendy, unfortunately, just gives me the creeps. So if I had to choose a third to stand with Jay and Nora, I guess it would have to be Austin, costume designer or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast