+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Models

FORT Fogey
    It won't let me edit my last post, so I had to make a new one. I hope I'm not breaking any rules

Morganzilla

Yikes, poor Morganzilla, that photo needs to be airbrushed!

Julia: She's really striking and cool and the bangs suit her, but she's a little too modern for me... reminds me of airplanes and stainless steel electric can openers. I think it's just a matter of taste.

Jenny is really interesting. I haven't quite decided whether I think she is as pretty as the other girls, but I really respect her global flavor. She has this kind of look like she's the woman of the future, i.e. no discernible race, slightly androgynous effect.

But my favorite is probably Martinique. She is so darn cute I want to squeeze her.

Melissa is a bit man-ish to me.

Olga is gorgeous, but ever since the wedding dress episode she kind of makes me want to gag.

Ooops, almost forgot Julia. She's cool. Totally lucky little witch Jay chose her as his muse.
    Last edited by corprip; 02-07-2005 at 11:39 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Yikes, poor Morganzilla, that photo needs to be airbrushed!

Julia: She's really striking and cool and the bangs suit her, but she's a little too modern for me... reminds me of airplanes and stainless steel electric can openers. I think it's just a matter of taste.
    Getting that ugly bag out of the way would be a nice touch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Getting that ugly bag out of the way would be a nice touch as well.
    I didn't want to say it... (Actually, I'm - sacrilege! - generally uninterested in all name brand handbags, from DB to Balenciaga. )

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I didn't want to say it... (Actually, I'm - sacrilege! - generally uninterested in all name brand handbags, from DB to Balenciaga. )
    Branded bags are totally out. I was just reading a fascinating article on http://www.fashionunited.co.uk/ that puts some perspective on this.

According to author of the "Handbags: The power of the purse", Anna Johnson, designer bags are no longer viewed as a status symbol but as an object of desire. "Real class," she says, "is impervious to labels". Johnson thinks that smart women are going for a "middle-ground status bag." The trend for loud logo's is out, and discretion and style is in. The hiphop-style logo-overload appears to be a thing of the past.
    Anyways, I know this has nothing to do with models, so I'm done with all that.

Any guesses on who will make the Elle spread?

I'm going with Martinique.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I'm thinking Jenny, just because I think Kara is going to win and Jenny seems to be her muse.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Any guesses on who will make the Elle spread?
    I'd make a guess, if they explained to us how the process works once it's down to the final three. But I'm sticking with Julia (Jay), Jenny (Kara), and Martinique (Austin) for final three, unless Wendy takes Austin's place, in which case I think she'll pick Melissa. I actually hope Julia wins, because the prize is an editorial, and I like her previous work. PS: Thanks for the handbag divertissement.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I would love to see either Melissa or Martinique win.

Jenny is a beautiful girl too.

i'm sad that Olga's gone....why didn't they have a goodbye interview wiht her?

+ Reply to Thread