+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 3 Portfolio

Here's how I rank them:

1.)Kara- The design for this dress is perfect, while the colour, I'm not feelin as much, but looks lovely on the model. The ruffles on the hips might not be good for exagerating hips, on women who already have big hips...

2.)Austin- The dress is just so classical looking! Again, another amazing design.

3.)Jay- The dress is so sleek and sophisticated looking. Good Work.

4.)Vanessa- Very elegant looking, love the open chest, BUT NOT ON THAT MODEL, OH GOSH THAT IS GROSS.

5.)Nora- Generally a decent dress, but I deteste the bow on this particular get-up.

6.)Wendy- Erm...It's nice...I guess?

7.)Kevin- Just a Little Black Dress, Nothing appealing.

8.)Robert- Woah the Leopard with Blue satin is a bit much for me.

9.)Starr- Ack

Hi fellow ANTMers! ! It looks like this is our temporary home!

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    Hi fellow ANTMers! ! It looks like this is our temporary home!
    I guess it will have to be for a little while. I just wish it was as busy as the ANTM board was (because honestly it's a better show).

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Where do I find this auction?

Hi,

It is at http://projectrunway.at.edeal.com/

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by paulstan
    Hi,

It is at http://projectrunway.at.edeal.com/

Good luck!

oooh, thank you!

I didn't even know that site existed. I like the shirts, I wonder why only some of the designers have them? Or did some just sell out?

Wow that's so cool how they actually sell the clothes they design!

Starr's jester dress is actually bidding higher than Robert's tragic leopard on ice piece. That's interesting, and so are the bids on Kara's dress, which have yet to break $100. IMO, Kara's dress, while beautiful, was not extraordinary and it seems like she repeats the same themes in each piece she's done. If she really does say something rude and uncalled for to Nora in the next episode, Kara will be totally on the bottom of my list.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Starr's jester dress is actually bidding higher than Robert's tragic leopard on ice piece. That's interesting, and so are the bids on Kara's dress, which have yet to break $100. IMO, Kara's dress, while beautiful, was not extraordinary and it seems like she repeats the same themes in each piece she's done. If she really does say something rude and uncalled for to Nora in the next episode, Kara will be totally on the bottom of my list.
    It doesn't sound from the preview like its quite so cut and dry that whatever happened was at Kara's instigation.

Nora: If it was me, you would have heard it through my mouth.

Austin: Kara Saun like called her on it. (suggesting Nora did say something)

Nora: I don't understand why Kara Saun had to say that.

Jay: Bitch is gonna get stabbed. (not clear which person he's referring to)

Nora: I'm outta here. . .I came here to compete and not to be @#$%ed around with.

My faves:
    1. Jay. Definitely. Wow. And it irks me, because Jay gets on my nerves (especially with that whole "Jesus" obsession), but I love his designs- ESPECIALLY this one.
    2. Austin. Okay, so maybe it's not what the Banana Republic people were looking for, but there's no way his was one of the three worst. I know plenty of women who would love that dress, and I thought he executed it SO well.
    3. Kevin. While some of the others had very good designs that I felt were kind of thwarted by the fabric's unpredictability (Nora, Alexandra), I think Kevin made the fabric's "bunching" work for the dress.

I like the bottom half of Vanessa's dress, but that neckline is
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Is it me, or does Wendy's dress look lumpy and bunched around the waist and hips? I noticed each time I've seen the show, but I can't tell if it's from Wendy's sewing, the model's underwear, or something else. It does make me like her dress less, though.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I find this interesting.....
    when perusing all auctions http://projectrunway.at.edeal.com/cg...rt?wl=52555199
    the following are interesting facts...

Austin's corn dress is up to $80. His party dress is up to $405!
    Episode 2 dresses are not available for auction on this site (didnt they sell them on the episode itself?)
    Starr's grocery dress is currently at $20. Her party dress is at $30.
    Wendy's episode 1 "outfit" is up to $5. Kevin, Jay and Daniels's episode 1 is at 5, as well.
    Kevin's episode 3 stained leopard dress is at $55.

Man, don't any of these people have family to bid? If it was my kid or brother or sister, I'd try to bid and save them some amount of humiliation.

On the higher bids, I'd say the heck with ever wearing it. Say you buy Austin's dress and he goes on to be the next Versace.... can you IMAGINE how much it would be worth in 10 years?
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast