+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 2 Portfolio

Episode 2 Portfolio

Here are the designs, along with how the dresses fared in the silent auction (which didn't necessarily agree with the judges' opinions):

Kara (1st place)

[IMG]images/img/kara.jpg[/IMG]

Vanessa (2nd place)

[IMG]images/img/vanessa.jpg[/IMG]

Robert (3rd place)

[IMG]images/img/robert2.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by lobeck; 12-09-2004 at 12:32 PM.

Alexandra (4th place - tie)

[IMG]images/img/alexandra.jpg[/IMG]

Nora (4th place - tie)

[IMG]images/img/nora.jpg[/IMG]

Kevin (5th place)

[IMG]images/img/kevin.jpg[/IMG]

Austin (6th place)

[IMG]images/img/austin.jpg[/IMG]

Jay (7th place - tie)

[IMG]images/img/jay.jpg[/IMG]

Wendy (7th place - tie)

[IMG]images/img/wendy2.jpg[/IMG]

Starr (7th place - tie)

[IMG]images/img/starr.jpg[/IMG]

Mario (8th place)

[IMG]images/img/mario.jpg[/IMG]

I'd love to see Alexandra's dress on someone that actually has a figure. Just hanging on that model... it looks horrible.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Kara - I suspect her dress did so well because she seems to have killer seamstressing skills compared to the others. I like the dress, but the military theme was a stretch. Still, overall a good design executed very well.

Vanessa - it's hard to focus on the dress with that lumpy fake stomach. I've seen four year olds pretending to be pregnant that were more believable. The model has the pillow pushed up so far it covers her breasts.

Robert - Interesting look, superbly tailored to a perfect fit. I don't like the color, though. And news flash: penis envy doesn't exist. :phhht

Alexandra - Pretty decent. I'm noticing all her work seems to have gathers, which I'm not too fond of. I associate it with plus-size swimmwear from the 80's.

Nora - Simple, but without elegance. I would have liked a shorter hemline, or an elegant long one, not a "safe" cut off right at the knee.

Kevin - I don't like the baggy shapeless midsection. Not really working for me.

Austin - The picture doesn't do it justice. When this model did her slinky walk the dress made sense. I could see the evil queen he was going for.

Jay - When he was making this, it looked ridiculous - but the end product isn't so bad. Not really my cup of tea, but I can see the appeal, and I respect the work he put in.

Wendy - the twisted strands look very amateurish. I'm not liking Wendy's efforts at all. And the mask looks mis-matched with this dress.

Starr - Oh, I want Starr to do well because I like her story, but...a tumor dress? I liked the colors and moving lines, but when she explained the cancer angle, I just couldn't look at it anymore.

Mario - Interesting idea. Too bad he couldn't be bothered to design a dress under the blood spatter.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Vanessa - it's hard to focus on the dress with that lumpy fake stomach. I've seen four year olds pretending to be pregnant that were more believable. The model has the pillow pushed up so far it covers her breasts.

Nora - Simple, but without elegance. I would have liked a shorter hemline, or an elegant long one, not a "safe" cut off right at the knee.

Austin - The picture doesn't do it justice. When this model did her slinky walk the dress made sense. I could see the evil queen he was going for.

I think they should have worked on the pregnant stomach more. It seemed like they didn't give a crap. I mean, didn't Vanessa say she doesn't need the model until 4 minutes before runway? :rolleyes But I think the stomach would have looked better if it looked more realistic and have the model like, put her hands on her stomach kind of like she was caressing the baby. I mean, what mom walks around with their hands on their hips with a smirk on their face?

But urgh, who the crap would bid on that...

Did anyone see how Kara's model nipple was out in the open COMPLETELY and Bravo didn't even blur it out? They seem to not like blurring....

I thought Starr should have been in the (judges) bottom 3 over Nora. Her and Mario's outfits look like something anyone could make.

You know, Starr's model is really unattractive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast