+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 2 Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    I think they should have worked on the pregnant stomach more. It seemed like they didn't give a crap. I mean, didn't Vanessa say she doesn't need the model until 4 minutes before runway? :rolleyes But I think the stomach would have looked better if it looked more realistic and have the model like, put her hands on her stomach kind of like she was caressing the baby. I mean, what mom walks around with their hands on their hips with a smirk on their face?
    Plus, with the hair and the dripping ties off of everything, she looked like crackho momma. It was a risky choice of subject, but anything is better than the tumor dress.

You're right about Starr's model, too - she's got a sour look on her face.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Plus, with the hair and the dripping ties off of everything, she looked like crackho momma. It was a risky choice of subject, but anything is better than the tumor dress.

Crackho momma Yeah, like she's about to whip out a cigerette at any moment

Eww... tumor dress.... I read in Tim's commentary that she had many more tumors on it but he convinced her to take some off.

Oh, my gosh. Starr really has a dark side, doesn't she?

I hope they get to break out and use something besides cotton next week.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Like toilet paper!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I hope they get to break out and use something besides cotton next week.
    As stated in the first episode "Cotton is the Official Fabric of Project Runway". It was a stretch that they did the grocery store dress.

I have to differ with the judges on one thing, Alexandra's dress really should have been in the bottom 4. Other than being green, I just didn't get envy from it. It was really badly designed. While her model has a really boyish figure, she designed a dress that didn't flatter any aspect of her figure.
    As someone else had mentioned in the episode discussion, the time frame vs. the sewing skills of the designer seems to be a big factor in how well the designer does. I think that Wendy might have faired better if she sewed faster/better. I actually liked the concept, if not the execution of her dress.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

That tan line doesn't help, either...

crackho mama

i think austin, robert, kara, vanessa and alexandra are far superior to the other designers. i really liked nora's 1st dress, but i thought her second dress was absolutely horrible.

I agree with Sher about that group of designers being on another level from the others. So far they have shown a higher level of craftsmanship. Starr's looks like a felt bulletin board project, for the love of Pete.

My favorite ensemble this week happens to be Robert's. Love the 1920's vibe of it, and the cigar was a clever display of cheeky Freudian imagery. Plus, of all the outfits this week, I find that to be the one I'd most likely wear out of the whole bunch. Or heck, maybe I just have penis envy. Anyway, hey, free cigar.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Not as immediately impressive as the corn husk dress from last week, but still a good effort. I like the care and craftsmanship Austin seems to put into everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Austin (6th place)

[IMG]images/img/austin.jpg[/IMG]
    I've got to say, this girl could walk this week. Love that snakey slink, you better work it out, Miss Serpentine!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Starr, Kara, Wendy, Mario and Kevin. Good work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast