+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where did this come from?!

Where did this come from?!

I hadn't heard anything about it or seen anything about it at all! I was watching the first part of Clueless when I saw an ad for it following (on Bravo), and that was the first I'd even heard of the show!

I watched it and it was fabulous; I enjoyed it so much. Is it by the same people who put together America's Next Top Model, by any chance? Marc Bouwer was in both, the concepts are frighteningly similar, etc. I half expected to see Shandi or Sarah up there with the models.

What's the scoop on this?

Perhaps the original show announcement, also posted in this forum, would help you figure out where it came from.

Bravo Launches Television's First Search For The Next Great Designer: Project Runway

Thanks!

I apparently hadn't scrolled down far enough to see that one, thanks. I guess it's not from the ANTM folks according to the final paragraph, but MAN is it the same show in a different package. Actually, even the package isn't that difference. It's like Tide vs Tide with Bleach.

And yet I still enjoyed it immensely. I suppose it helps that I'm an ANTM fan. I can't imagine that the ANTM producers aren't mad at the blatant similarities though. Not only the supermodel as the host, but also the prize (photo spread, 100k contract), the sponsors (Revlon & Covergirl vs Loreal), the judges, the whole schmear.

Good thing I'm not proud. I can enjoy it anyway.

Well, those of us who followed Manhunt and Queer Eye on Bravo knew this show was coming on. Tv Guide also gave the first episode a 10 out of 10.

If anything I was struck by the many differences from ANTM. The supermodel isn't running the show; they don't bother critiquing every contestant until they're on the brink of tears; the contestants have experience and they don't waste time trying to teach them the basics; the list goes on.

Hardaway, if you go to the Official Polls section, there is a poll listing several upcoming reality tv shows.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    There were also commercial for it during ANTM several weeks prior to the airdate. Sorry, you must have just tuned them out.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread