+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jay - The Wildcard

I love Jay to bits. He should have his own show, he's so funny and frank. That said, I'm starting to rethink his winning this competition. The money to start his own line would be ace--but the apprenticeship at BR, wouldn't it drive him mad? Way too accessible/commercial for his style, don't you think?

I'm rooting for him anyway. It's between him and Kara now, as far as I'm concerned.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

It's funny. When the show first started, I thought he'd be gone early. Now, I love him to pieces. Regardless of whether he wins PR, I think he'll get a real break in the business out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I love Jay to bits. He should have his own show, he's so funny and frank. That said, I'm starting to rethink his winning this competition. The money to start his own line would be ace--but the apprenticeship at BR, wouldn't it drive him mad? Way too accessible/commercial for his style, don't you think?

I'm rooting for him anyway. It's between him and Kara now, as far as I'm concerned.

I read somewhere (don't know where exactly) that the mentorship will just be a monthly consultation with members of the BR design team for advice on presenting a collection. Kind of like professional tutoring.

If that's the case, then whoever wins it will get whatever they're willing to take from it.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Ah, well that's good to know. Well then go, Jay go!

Thanks for the info, corprip. I had envisioned some awful indentured servitude at BR ( la 19 and American Idol ).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar
    According to the reviews in the New York papers, the audience LOVED Jay's designs during Fashion Week. He was swamped with requests but unable to commit to anything until after the series ends. Hopefully, if he doesn't win it, the buzz will still be going and he'll hit the ground running!
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

FORT Fogey
    Jay is my favorite and has been since day one. I think he will win, absolutely. I don't see him as a wild card at all. His designs are cutting edge and his sense of humor priceless. He is a huge commodity.

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar

Jay's designs

They are selling some items designed by Jay (and a few of the others) on the Bravo site. Maybe we should all buy a couple. In a few years we can claim to own some of the first Jay McCarroll designs; plus in a few years we probably won't be able to afford "originals"!
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

I saw photos from fashion week and I could easily see some of his designs in Banana Republic. I wonder if they have options to buy the designs? I am really torn between rooting for Jay ( I just love his stuff and personality) and Kara Saun (also adore her). Either way my top two are in the top three so I am happy.
    Go Jay Saun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Love
    Go Jay Saun!!!
    That's how I feel. Kara used to be my unequivocal favorite, but ever since the "rock star" challenge, I've been rooting just as hard for Jay. They're both oh-so-extra deserving of the win. No matter what Vanessa has to say about it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    That's how I feel. Kara used to be my unequivocal favorite, but ever since the "rock star" challenge, I've been rooting just as hard for Jay. They're both oh-so-extra deserving of the win. No matter what Vanessa has to say about it, lol.

Totally agree with you. I am so torn but I am leaning a little more towards Jay. I just have a feeling he will win......but I will be equally happy if Kara Saun wins.....oh I can't decide.

+ Reply to Thread