+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jay - The Wildcard

I loved Jay's dress this week, it was one of the best imo and it should've won! His first two designs weren't as good as the thid but I still liked them, I think he's going to be around for a while.

His dress this week was definitely my favorite of his so far. I just wish he had left that flower off...

though i loved his dress, as i said before, i won't be able to believe he'll be around for awhile until i see what he does next. i thought he did good with the tin foil, but thought his ripped up shirt and acid wash looking pants in week 2 were kind of remedial.

Jay Rules

So far Jay has shown the most creative diversity. He has met all the challenges, his designs always reflect his own personal style and yet he has not been criticized the way others have been, like Austin, for not following the assignment and attempting to interject too much personal style in the designs.

The Banana Republic challenge is obviously the best example of this. Everyone probably thought he'd crash and burn (even he thought so), but while he didn't win the challenge (probably based, as others have said, on the technical difficulty of mass-producing his dress), Jay's dress stood way above the rest as absolutely the best.

Now, he might get too sure of himself in the next Rock n' Roll challenge and bomb, but seeing how he handled the last three challenges, I think he'll do great and may even win for the first time. Go Jay!!

I love you!!

There isn't a good enough closeup of Jay's dress so I can tell exactly how the bodice was constructed (for example, I'm not sure if the vertical lines were threadwork, whether it was the fabric, whether they were seams, etc.) so I don't know whether its construction looked more difficult than it was. But as a quilter, I was thinking, damn, if he had experience quilting and had some of the standard quilting tools, he could have made that bodice a lot faster in terms of cutting and piecing than it probably took.

So, I was very pleasantly surprised when I re-watched the program and lo and behold, there was Jay using a rotary cutter and plastic ruler to cut out his strips for his triangles. Wonder if he used strip piecing techniques.

By the way, Jay is fantastic. That's all.

Has anyone seen Jay's website yet?

http://www.jaymccarroll.com/

I love it! It's definately one of the best designed websites out of all the contestant's websites I've seen so far (Wendy, Daniel, Starr, Vanessa, and Kevin). It's so funky and fresh and the designs are excellent.

I started out rooting for Nora and Austin, but now I'm not a fan of either of them much. Jay's my new favorite... I thought he'd be annoying, but he's funny and his clothes are just always the best. Of all the designers, it's the stuff I'd wear. I want his Sarah Hudson skirt/belt thingy! Some lucky person will have it soon! The leather top was nice too.
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

The two highest bids right now are for dresses of Jay. The highest bid is $555 for his Banana Republic dress and $465 for his Rock 'n Roll dress. The next highest one is Austin's BR dress at $460.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    The Banana Republic dress was amazing. That was the episode he become my frontrunner for the win, and not just my sentimental favorite.

+ Reply to Thread