+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara - The Professional

Kara - The Professional

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway

Q:How would you describe your design philosophy or point of view?
    From avant-garde to sportswear. My designs are very "rockstar" leather, suede, funky fabrics and worn mostly by entertainers.

Q:What would someone close to you describe as your best and worst traits?
    Oh my God! I cannot lie. That is my worst trait. Think about it: I live in Hollywood being fake is the national past time. Whatever my mood happy, sad, mad, annoyed you will know it. I'm also just a wee bit obsessive/compulsive, but a little obsession never killed anyone.

Q:What was your most embarrassing moment?
    I was designing Queen Latifah's gown for the 2000 Oscars. She called me literally the day before and needed a second one, so of course I accepted. I stayed up all night to make it. We arrived at the Oscars and I was going to quietly fade into the background, but reporters kept asking her about her gown...there I was, and I looked a mess! But I smiled through it, and we had a good laugh.

Q:What is an odd fact or talent you possess?
    People think I'm odd. Does that count? And I have a dog who climbs trees.

Q:Who are the designers you admire most?
    Alexander McQueen, Dolce & Gabbana, John Galiano, Jean Paul Gautier, Patricia Fields, Roberto Cavalli.

Q:What are your favorite fashion magazines?
    In Style, Entertainment Weekly, Vogue (and all the European Vogues), Elle and Vibe.

Q:What are your favorite TV shows?
    Usually any show I'm costume designing. I loved Sex and the City, but Law & Order is my show. Also, any fashion make-over or magazine show.

Q:What are your favorite movies?
    I love period movies for the wardrobe. I also love dark, futuristic films like Underworld or The Matrix.

Q:If you could design an outfit for any living person, who would be your dream client and why?
    My all-time only dream client is none other than Oprah Winfrey. Not only was my nickname "Oprah Winfrey" on Project Runway, but she is the one person in the entertainment industry that I truly respect, not because of her wealth, but because of all the amazing ways in which she touches others lives and the fact that she is such a giving person. I would love to create her a beautiful one-of-a kind, Kara Saun original evening gown for the Academy Awards this year. Her new figure is amazing, but I would love to design for her at any size.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

She's got that I'm-never-wrong vibe to me. Both her worst trait and her embarassing moment questions were turned into opportunities to pat herself on the back.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

With all the professional experience she has, why go on a show like this?

Oh, Hollywood. Everyone always wants face time on TV.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Yeah, something about her gives me the heebie-jeebies...

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    She's got that I'm-never-wrong vibe to me. Both her worst trait and her embarassing moment questions were turned into opportunities to pat herself on the back.
    Unflinching self-promotion is part of how designers become successful. It doesn't neccessarily make them nice people but...
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I looked up photos of Queen Latifah at the 2000 Oscars. I'm assuming this is the dress Kara made unless Queen wore another one later on:

FORT Fogey

www.bravotv.com

The first one, I love. The second one, its too monochromatic, although I like the design.

I don't like Kara's personal style but I love her creations! Top 3.
    Last edited by Milay; 12-10-2004 at 10:49 PM.

I agree with you on this one. I wouldn't think I'd like Kara's work as much as I do, but her designs really do appeal to me.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

i have loved both of kara's designs so far. she's got a great eye for style and a wonderful ability to create cool designs with flair in a really short amount of time. she did a GREAT job on the body paint in the first outfit, too. looks like a freakin' shirt!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast