+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kara - The Professional

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    If she's been in the business for well over 10 years now and can't win THIS... I'd say there's something flawed in her designs that perhaps she needs to take a look at.
    She said herself that this was the biggest thing for her... I'd feel frustrated if I didn't win with all that designing history under my belt.

Either way, I think she'll be just fine! The show gave her a lot of exposure, which will, no doubt... boost her name in the biz.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    But her star shines nowhere near as bright as Jay's, or even Austin's for that matter.
    I disagree. I think that's a matter of opinion and style. Personally, loved all of Kara's design and think that she is quite talented. I also love both Jay and Austin and agree that they are talented, but don' personally care for their designs. I wanted Kara to win, but am still glad that Jay did. I think he'll make the most of the opportunity.

If Kara's getting free shoes, it seems she may already have some connections in the industry. Hopefully, she'll make her own way.

I just meant that her personality isn't as gravitating as Jay or Austin on camera. I agree she has all the skills in the world to succeed, but she wouldn't stand out based on personality.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I just meant that her personality isn't as gravitating as Jay or Austin on camera. I agree she has all the skills in the world to succeed, but she wouldn't stand out based on personality.

I misunderstood

Her personality is gravitating. It's not as "entertaining" but it's definitely gravitating. Wendy's is just grating.

As far as Kara acting immature to Wendy, I disagree. I too, would have just ignored her. Wendy knew that Kara was mad and she knew exactly why she was mad. Kara made it perfectly clear that she did not want to associate with somebody as unprofessional as Wendy who needed to use "strategy" and subterfuge to win this competition and she said as much herself. She knew she was out of her league and unfortunately for her the competition got a glimpse of her "behind the scenes" antics. She got busted and she tried to turn it around.

Maveno, did you ever figure out what made you think it was Austin that marked up Wendy's picture?

Kara wasn't acting immature to Wendy, at least at first... she was actually doing the mature thing by trying to just ignore Wendy's obvious bitchery and scheming. Of course, she soon succumbed to the temptation of trying to yell some sense into the brick wall that is Wendy's incomprehension...

I can forgive her for the shoe thing as well. Was Kara Saun aggravating in that she tried to keep her free perks even while she wasn't entitled to them. Regardless, she was under a great deal of stress from preparing for the runway show to attempting to deal with that Pepper Hag, so I can't blame her if she got a mite tetchy. At least it didn't show in her normal personality!

In any case... I really quite loved Kara's collection. It truly did only consist of two looks (the straight up Aviatrix look and the low cut, bosomy, slim-fit dress)... but they looked very now and very seductive to me. Of course, she still needed to diversify her porfolio greatly...

But I would be damn well surprised if she doesn't end up getting something great of the show yet!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    Kara wasn't acting immature to Wendy, at least at first...
    Kara walked in, barely acknowledged Wendy, then made a grand display of having Jay show her around before making another grand display of sleeping on the couch. It was childish beyond belief.

she was actually doing the mature thing by trying to just ignore Wendy's obvious bitchery and scheming.
    Kara was "shunning" Wendy. Most people outgrow that type of behavior by the time they hit third grade. It was ridiculously immature and embarrassing to watch. The show was essentially over, it would have cost her nothing to walk in and say "Hi Wendy, how are you? How is your family?". A professional person would have done that. A kind person would have done that.

Regardless, she was under a great deal of stress from preparing for the runway show to attempting to deal with that Pepper Hag
    She broke the contract months before she had to "deal with the Pepper Hag" when she designed and ordered the shoes and she wouldn't have been feeling any additional stress in NY from "the Pepper Hag" if she'd behaved like a civil human being, as Jay attempted to do.

Instead she played sanctimonious, deceitful Diva and went home a loser. There was no way the producers could have let her win after being presented with the fake invoices because they didn't have the time to check the validity of the rest of her work. Well done.

As for her collection: it was beautiful and wearable for my body type, but an "Aviator" inspired collection was just too obvious. If the show had taken place a year earlier would she have sent the models down the runway wearing fur trimmed pirate boots and leather eye patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Carminace
    Kara walked in, barely acknowledged Wendy, then made a grand display of having Jay show her around before making another grand display of sleeping on the couch. It was childish beyond belief.
    We seem to be operating under very different ideas of what childishness constitutes of.

Wendy was a person who repeatedly verbally attacked Kara and put her down with vicious insults. ("Why does she feel the need to keep f*king with me?! I'm going to leave her in my dust!") If I were in Kara's situation, I'd do exactly the same thing Kara did-- ignore Wendy and try to go about my own work like a professional would. It's only when Kara descended to Wendy's level and tried to screech back at her that things went horribly wrong.

In contrast, it's WENDY who acted like a childish idjit. She doesn't even *like* Kara and she's made it clear that she thinks that Kara is her main competition. So why did she go to such extremes to make Kara pay attention to her when she knew Kara didn't even want to engage with her? It reminds me of the snot nosed kids I often have to deal with at work, who think any attention is good attention-- even when it isn't.

And god, I wouldn't want to sleep next to the Pepper either. She'd probably smother me in my sleep if she thought it could give her a leg up in the competition...

FORT Newbie
    Wendy was a person who repeatedly verbally attacked Kara and put her down with vicious insults. ("Why does she feel the need to keep f*king with me?! I'm going to leave her in my dust!")
    She said "why does she keep f'ing with me" after Kara went after her over the fabric (in itself ironic seeing how she later snatched the model away from Jay in the finale). Wendy's comment was neither a verbal attack nor a vicious insult. It was a fairly valid question: Kara was winning everything and Wendy was continually getting hacked to pieces by the judges. Anyone with a clue knew that Wendy was no threat to Kara.

"I'm going to leave her in my dust!" was again neither an attack nor an insult. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but that's about it.

Meanwhile, the others were constantly making fun of Wendy's (and everyone else's) designs. Although I liked him, Jay was probably the most truly vicious of the bunch.

If I were in Kara's situation, I'd do exactly the same thing Kara did--
    I find that unfortunate.

ignore Wendy and try to go about my own work like a professional would.
    Professionals often have to deal with people they dislike and they do so cordially. That's what makes them professionals.

She doesn't even *like* Kara and she's made it clear that she thinks that Kara is her main competition. So why did she go to such extremes to make Kara pay attention to her when she knew Kara didn't even want to engage with her?
    Everyone thought Kara was their biggest competition. Wendy asked Kara why she was behaving the way she was because adults generally do not behave that way. It was bizarre to watch and must have been twice as bizarre to live with. Even Jay mentioned how uncomfortable it was making him.

And god, I wouldn't want to sleep next to the Pepper either. She'd probably smother me in my sleep if she thought it could give her a leg up in the competition...
    She said Kevin was a bad leader so you reckon she'd smother Kara?

Kara took the couch, with a smug grin, because she thought it would be insulting to Wendy for her to do so. For that she was willing to risk having her sleep disturbed each time someone walked through the room, during the most important week of her life. It was foolish.

Kara's behavior was extremely unattractive. Yes, yes, they're all in a pressure cooker. Jay made an effort to be polite.

Everyone has bad moments, but Kara really strip-mined the whole self-righteous-indignation thing. As though she, Kara, walks with the angels. Puhleeese.

Her behavior toward Wendy speaks poorly of her character. :phhht

+ Reply to Thread