+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 110

Thread: Kara - The Professional

  1. #71
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Also, Wendy had better points of argument during the fight. Kara Saun should have known when it was time to just shut up and/or be the better person for the FIRST TIME and allow Wendy to talk.
    I disagree Maveno. Wendy's responses were weak and repetitive. Kara Saun was trying to make the point that "everybody" hated her referring to the viewing audiences response to Wendy and Wendy couldn't let herself believe it for a second.

    I never for a moment considered Kara to be taking the moral high ground. Wendy did play the deviant/villian in this series and that was the only thing that got her as far as it did. Every show needs someone to hate and Wendy opted to play that part because she knew her designs were not going to get her there. This may be one of the reasons why Austin, the fall guy, got to show his collection as well.

    I thought it was fair what Kara Saun did with the shoes. It would have been smarter for them to bill her prior to it being outed about the shoes. I couldn't help but wonder why she had to have the phone conversation with the shoe guys in front of Jay & Wendy anyway. Also, why is it that Wendy assumed that shoes would be provided?

    I liked Kara's collection better than Jay's, but I'm not bitter about Jay losing. I think Kara would have made a better Banana intern though. I hope this helped her get started because I look forward to seeing more designs from Kara.

  2. #72
    Bitchalicious Diva MsMamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sunny Florida!!!
    Posts
    317
    I wish Kara Saun the BEST of luck in the fashion industry. She was consistently the better designer and should have been the winner. Her designs are sexy yet sophisticated. In contrast, Jay's pieces constantly remind me of prom dresses designed for clowns.

  3. #73
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,211
    Kara Saun's clothes remind me of nouveau riche trash trying to prove themselves.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

  4. #74
    Caged Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,817
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I disagree Maveno. Wendy's responses were weak and repetitive. Kara Saun was trying to make the point that "everybody" hated her referring to the viewing audiences response to Wendy and Wendy couldn't let herself believe it for a second..
    Nahhh... the whole reason the fight even started was because KARA was being immature by only talking to Jay about the "shoegate". Whether someone is hated or not, the fact remains that Wendy was still in the same room and she had an opinion of it as well. Which, is why Wendy asked, "Are you going to ask my opinion now?" (something like that)
    From there.. it was all claws.
    Kara Saun lashed out cause she, herself, KNEW that she was wrong for getting top 'o the line, specially made, specially delivered, fitted shoes. She knew that Wendy would be brutally honest, in which Kara didn't want to hear it.

    IMO, Wendy was a part of the show..whether she was the most hated reality personality or not. Kara Saun was wrong and I sided with Wendy in the fight... The whole "goose and gander" saying comes into play here.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  5. #75
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,211
    Besides the shoes, I wonder what else she had given to her for free. Those clasps on her dresses looked custom made. Are we supposed to believe she only asked for the shoes to be given gratis?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

  6. #76
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    90
    Kara's designs were the best and I'm so happy she told Wendy the truth. And I do believe Kara was being real and not fake. If I was in Kara's place I would have ignored Wendy also.

  7. #77
    Caged Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,817
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Besides the shoes, I wonder what else she had given to her for free. Those clasps on her dresses looked custom made. Are we supposed to believe she only asked for the shoes to be given gratis?
    I totally agree!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  8. #78
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    90
    Kara will probably be the most successful out of all the contestants on the show.

  9. #79
    Bitchalicious Diva MsMamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sunny Florida!!!
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    She knew that Wendy would be brutally honest, in which Kara didn't want to hear it.
    No, she didn't ask Wendy for her opinion because she probably didn't give a f*ck about her opinion.

  10. #80
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba
    No, she didn't ask Wendy for her opinion because she probably didn't give a &*#$ about her opinion.
    She probably didn't, but it was Wendy's right to voice it since she was a fellow competitor.

    As far as Kara Saun going on to be the most successful, there's alot to say for her that she already has been the most successful. She's done work with Mario Van Peebles, Eve, and Queen Latifah. I don't doubt for a second she is going to go far.

    But her star shines nowhere near as bright as Jay's, or even Austin's for that matter.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.