+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kara - The Professional

Kara Saun's Website

It's her name, dot com. Sign up for updates...
    I just hope to see more of her clothes in stores now, and if they're already there, I hope to see some that I can afford - designing for Queen Latifah, Busta Rhymes, etc - they've got more green than me!
    "Blame me if you must, but don't EVER speak ill of the program!"
    - Homer Simpson

I'm starting to think Kara was too good for this show all along. She's the consummate professional, already on a track to success. I would like her to win out of principle, but if she doesn't, I don't think it will affect her career trajectory, which is sure to be stratospheric.

Like corprip, I'm a happy camper if either Kara or Jay wins. I do think Kara's been more consistent though.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

She's my favorite to win! I love her designs, and I think she's cool.

SHE HAS THE MOST TALENT!!! i just know she`s gonna win, she`s amazing!!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Kara has been saying to Wendy how 'souless' she is ever since the reunion show..it bugged me then, and it's bugging me more now that they're highlighting her saying it, again! Ok, the saying could have been great once..but over and over again? It's getting annoying to hear..even if it may be true.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Kara has been saying to Wendy how 'souless' she is ever since the reunion show..it bugged me then, and it's bugging me more now that they're highlighting her saying it, again! Ok, the saying could have been great once..but over and over again? It's getting annoying to hear..even if it may be true.
    Well, however true it may be, I don't know why Kara Saun bothered to say it to Wendy once, much less twice, unless it was for the purposes of venting. Wendy clearly doesn't give a fig what anyone thinks, particularly not her competitors (as evidenced by her rather childish face making in response to Kara Saun's remark to her at fashion week), and she's going to go ahead and do whatever she wants to do, so why Kara Saun warned her about her soul, I dunno. I could see insulting her, cutting her down with some rapier wit, but I'd let cockroach sell her immortal soul to the highest bidder, if I were Kara.

Please, soul smoul, Kara Saun does take the moral high road and it gets cloying. I am so glad the shell cracked yesterday. Wendy called her out on the shoes. Those shoes were worth at least $8,000 and she wanted to be billed $5 each for them. Then she doesn't like it when she gets called for it please. What's worse Ms. Perfection doing wrong or supposedly an Evil, souless person doing wrong. She is the biggest sinner and hypocrite.

Bearcata! I've been sick of Kara for about the last three weeks-- sick of her moralizing, sick of her Ms. Perfect attitude, and double sick of watching her designs drag the floor. (And I agree with whichever judge it was, that the dress-over -pants thing needs to GO, NOW!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm not going to knock Kara Saun's designs.. cause all through the show, I thought they were pretty good & I thought she'd win.

BUT, I must say.. I felt most uncomfortable watching her models walk down the runway..they didn't look very 'fluid' to me.

Also, I think she was trying wayyy too hard to find some sort of "connection" for the current times that seems to be a hit.. ie; Howard Hughes. IMO, she shouldn't of mentioned his name at all...it showed how hard she was trying to jump on the bandwagon of success with the Aviation references.

Also, Wendy had better points of argument during the fight. Kara Saun should have known when it was time to just shut up and/or be the better person for the FIRST TIME and allow Wendy to talk.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Kara definitely wasn't acting like her usual 'professional' self during last night's episode. Although I would have preferred that she take the high road and not rise to Wendy's taunts, I think that watching the show had a big effect on her ability to do so. Many of Wendy's negative comments were directed at Kara Saun, which is pretty unfair considering that Kara tried to help Wendy out at first. While Kara was able to ignore Wendy during the show, after seeing the episodes, she was pushed to the edge and finally just exploded.

And of course there was shoegate. I think that she didn't realize she was breaking any rules, as she willingly told Tim that she got the shoes for free. I shudder to think how I would've reacted if I was told the night before the show that I couldn't use my shoes. The other contestants had a few days to work with the Michael Kors' shoes, but if Kara was going to have to switch to those, she would only have a few hours.

It was also kind of strange that Tim checked in with Wendy and Jay at least a month before the fashion show, but he checked in with Kara only two weeks before the show.

Overall, I still like Kara, I was just slightly disappointed with her conduct on the final episode.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread