+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 110

Thread: Kara - The Professional

  1. #51
    Picture Perfect SnowflakeGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the Limelight
    Posts
    7,348
    I finally saw the eppy where everyone goes postal, and I have to say that Kara's uniform was so frickin' cute that I would wear it. I love that her clothes are wearable without being pedestrian; they're still fashion-forward, but I could see myself in them. She impresses me every week. Based on the consistent fine quality of her designs, I think she should win.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

  2. #52
    REMAIN INDOORS MotherSister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,845
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I finally saw the eppy where everyone goes postal, and I have to say that Kara's uniform was so frickin' cute that I would wear it. I love that her clothes are wearable without being pedestrian; they're still fashion-forward, but I could see myself in them. She impresses me every week. Based on the consistent fine quality of her designs, I think she should win.

    I know, right? For me Kara's clothes are on the good side of the line between "oh, I could wear that," and "ooh, I want that!" If she doesn't win, I don't know. Jay and Banana Republic don't seem a good fit. Wendy and BR would probably work out all right but that. will not. happen. So I'm picking Kara for the win too.

  3. #53
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    572
    Even if Kara does not win this show...she'll have a HUGE career in fashion design. In fact... it may be to her benefit NOT to win and be locked into contracts of what other people want her to do.

  4. #54
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Even if Kara does not win this show...she'll have a HUGE career in fashion design. In fact... it may be to her benefit NOT to win and be locked into contracts of what other people want her to do.
    thats a good point.

  5. #55
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,968
    It was interesting seeing her work from 10 years ago..I liked all of the designs.
    She's clearly better than all of them.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  6. #56
    REMAIN INDOORS MotherSister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,845
    She was so cute talking about how 10 years ago she was out on the sidewalk with her models and now she's in an actual tent, lol. I'm really rooting for her, and I don't think her design philo is in any danger of being dulled by a stint with BR. I want her to win, because it'll get her name out there where people will pay more attention. I think "Kara Saun, the winner of Project Runway" would have a bit more weight to it than "Kara Saun, runner-up" or just "Kara Saun."

  7. #57
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    I think "Kara Saun, the winner of Project Runway" would have a bit more weight to it than "Kara Saun, runner-up" or just "Kara Saun."
    I feel what you're saying MotherSister. If she were to win runner-up, hopefully she doesn't meet the same fate as Justin from American Idle 1 did. But I have a feeling she won't have any problem finding investors if she didn't win.

    Really, whether she wins or Jay wins, I'll be happy. (If Jay wins I'll also be screaming and doing back flips.) Just as long as you-know-who stays in third where she belongs.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

  8. #58
    FORT Fanatic starlette01350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Manhattan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    She was so cute talking about how 10 years ago she was out on the sidewalk with her models and now she's in an actual tent, lol. I'm really rooting for her, and I don't think her design philo is in any danger of being dulled by a stint with BR. I want her to win, because it'll get her name out there where people will pay more attention. I think "Kara Saun, the winner of Project Runway" would have a bit more weight to it than "Kara Saun, runner-up" or just "Kara Saun."
    Kara's story about her renegade fashion show was very endearing to me. Unlike Wendy and Vanessa who complain about not having the opportunities to break into the fashion world, Kara takes her future into her own hands and makes her own opportunities. She is really awesome.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

  9. #59
    Maine-iac LATAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maine, but originally from New Jersey
    Posts
    249
    Just had a thought....

    JaySaun Scarlett

    Now THAT would be a dynamic trio!!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

  10. #60
    Maine-iac LATAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maine, but originally from New Jersey
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I feel what you're saying MotherSister. If she were to win runner-up, hopefully she doesn't meet the same fate as Justin from American Idle 1 did. But I have a feeling she won't have any problem finding investors if she didn't win.

    Really, whether she wins or Jay wins, I'll be happy. (If Jay wins I'll also be screaming and doing back flips.) Just as long as you-know-who stays in third where she belongs.
    Wait one second.... where in the world is Reuben Studdard?

    I can tell you where Clay Aiken is
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.