+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendy Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats
    I do, however, like that she calls Austin out on the fact that his designs have been terrible for weeks.
    Well, she's at odds with him. (And I don't love Austin, either, but I think that fact is relevant.) I also don't think calling the other designers out on their weaknesses is commendable nor really anyone's business, though I guess it's inevitable in a competition with the camera's around 24/7.

Wendy has a bit of my sympathy. She's clearly the most insecure designer in this competition, and that insecurity comes out in nasty ways, but she's probably not all that bad.

When it comes to her work, I'm not a fan...

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Salome] I also don't think calling the other designers out on their weaknesses is commendable nor really anyone's business, though I guess it's inevitable in a competition with the camera's around 24/7.

QUOTE]

See, I totally think it is commendable, especially when it was a design as ass-awful as Austin's wedding dress.

Why is this woman still on this show? Better designers have gone the way of the shears - Nora, Alexandra, Kevin. Just goes to show that in reality TV, mediocrity rises to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by twoelles
    Why is this woman still on this show? Better designers have gone the way of the shears - Nora, Alexandra, Kevin. Just goes to show that in reality TV, mediocrity rises to the top.
    I must admit that this weeks episode really really annoyed me. This isn't Survivor, nor should it be, with conniving backstabbers being rewarded. :phhht
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    I just really like that Wendy seems to have everything planned out. Everything.

Her design this week was terrible. It fell apart on the runway. I would have crapped my pants if that had happened to something I was displaying to a review panel. How many more times do we have to hear that her design was poorly executed. I really enjoyed how the producers had the judges ask Wendy first about Kevin's leadership. She looked like she was about to have to push someone over a cliff. That being said I think Kevin hammered the nail in his own coffin with his design. I think if it had been stronger then Wendy would have gone.

FORT Regular
    I can't wait for wendy to go home. I hated that little smirk she had once she found out she wasn't going home this week.

You guys are right on the money! Wendy seems to hang on by the skin of her teeth - I mean how many times as her design been represented has "the three worst?" I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the producers. Wendy's crafting her TV personality way better than Kevin did, which is one reason he had to go last week because he was the easy target. Brown Hot Coco, you're right. If stupid Kevin would have just deconstructed his design a bit more, even the producers wouldn't have been able to find a reason to keep Wendy.

Go on her site, http://wendypepper.com and see how she explains herself after each episode. What I don't get is how Wendy's business is going to get better after this show. All I remember about her designs is how "poorly constructed" they are.

Hey all,
    Here are 2 quotes from Wendy's website. The first one is from the Swimsuit episode, the second from the Vintage/Future episode:

SWIMSUIT
    "As for Austin, he did a good job rebounding from his wedding dress fiasco. Why he decided to bash me as I openly struggled with no pretense of knowing what I was doing is an interesting conundrum. He obviously took my criticism of his leadership personally from a few weeks ago, but I think he doth protest too much, and his defensiveness reveals some cracks in his confidence as a designer. I dont mind constructive criticism, but saying my things looked like a mess made him look petty and spiteful qualities incongruous with his elegant and feminine designs."

VINTAGE/FUTURE
    "I saw a weakness in Kevin, and I decided to exploit it.* Iím not saying that was a kind thing to do, but in a competitive environment that is considered intelligent strategy.* He seemed ambivalent about his role as a leader, and unsure about how to take command of the design challenge.* When it came time to express my opinions about his performance, I tried to speak with conviction and authority as to why I found him wanting as a leader.* I certainly felt a chill in the room after this runway show, and on some level I knew that from this point on there was no retreating from my position as loner.* I made it to the next challenge, but I would be on my own from now on."

Thinking Austin protests too much and speaking with "authority and conviction" about Kevin's leadership? This lady is delusional!

Personally, I think anyone who feels the apparently desperate need to rationalize her actions and take after the fact stabs at the others, is the one who is protesting too much. Its also pretty pathetic. I know a big part of it is coming from envy (she's admitted as much) and a certain amount of the enmity towards Austin is coming from the fallout, but get over it. I'd be willing to bet Austin forgets all about her as soon as she gets the ax and disappears.

Whoever goes next week, I'd also be willing to bet that her attack on Kevin, in spite of the general lack of enthusiasm for him, will earn her permanent persona non grata status. Not out of any love for Kevin, but because Wendy is a conniving, backstabbing snake in the grass. Kara Saun has played the game very wisely, very smartly, and if there's cunning and calculation and guile involved, she's hidden it really well, and she's right, Wendy's trying to win the wrong way. Wendy's been way, way too obvious and clumsy about it, just as she did when she asked Mr. Page 6 how do people get in his column.

By focusing so much on surviving each challenge and making it to the final 3, and trying to win every argument after the fact on her website, she's pulled a Morgan and sabotaged her own self interests. Morgan didn't take the job seriously, she blew off her responsibilities, and cost herself a shot at the coveted Elle shoot. Morgan failed to realize how her unprofessional behavior on the show would make her look, affect her reputation, and negatively impact her job prospects (not exactly the page 6 mention one would hope for). Likewise, Wendy is so focused on winning the competition, winning every argument, she hasn't realized how her behavior would make her look, influence potential employers, customers, and people in the fashion industry. If Morgan, who actually has some real *talent* for what she does is getting negative commentary, I can only imagine the backlash Wendy must be getting when she's been repeatedly panned by the judges for unfinished or poor designs, and she's shown a really ugly side of her personality to the world.

+ Reply to Thread