+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendy Pepper

FORT Fogey

www.bravotv.com

She's weird as heck.

I hate Wendy. Why is she still on this show?

First and most importantly, her design and execution is amateurish at best. Secondly, she is turning out to be such an evil, manipulative witch, playing the nice mommy card and then fully admitting she wants to win people's trust so she can use their confessions against them later (she actually said in case she needs to "get rid of someone"). Disgusting! Then, her comments on how insecure and envious she is of other people's designs. Well, she ought to be more concerned her designs than about strategy and how her competitors are doing. Because isn't that what this show is about, ultimately, the design?!!

I hope the karma police pull this hag off the road soon, because I don't care about her cunning Machiavellian machinations, I just want to focus on the CLOTHING.

Thanks for letting me rant!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Oh Snowy you and I are on the same page...I hate WENDY! Her designs are uninspired...shes a jealous beeyotch...and her hair....can some one tell her big skunky highlights are so 2 years ago???? LOL Truly I dont see her lasting much longer, if she continues to make trash like she did.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I like it! Top 3

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I hate Wendy. Why is she still on this show?

First and most importantly, her design and execution is amateurish at best. Secondly, she is turning out to be such an evil, manipulative witch, playing the nice mommy card and then fully admitting she wants to win people's trust so she can use their confessions against them later (she actually said in case she needs to "get rid of someone"). Disgusting!
    That's probably WHY she hasn't yet been eliminated...because she's openly playing the role of the evil villainess. At the end of the program, there's a disclaimer that says "The judges considered both their scores and input from the Producers and Bravo in reaching their elimination decisions". At this point, there are enough marginal designers that it doesn't really matter in what order they go, and this way she can be on TV for another episode or two to try to fulfill her evil machinations.

Then, her comments on how insecure and envious she is of other people's designs. Well, she ought to be more concerned her designs than about strategy and how her competitors are doing. Because isn't that what this show is about, ultimately, the design?!!
    If I were her, I would feel inadequate and insecure and jealous and envious, and rightly so. The whole reason she feels the need to resort to machinations in the first place is because she knows she lacks the talent and skills the top contestants do, and she herself says she lacks the promotional and marketing abilities. Wendy also said (rightly or wrongly) this was her last chance. She feels cornered, defensive and inadequate, and she's acting accordingly, not that I think it will do her any good or be a good strategy.

NOTE TO SELF: If ever get on reality TV competition, and decide to play the evil villainess, do not disclose this in confessional. Unless of course, am about to get the boot, in which case suddenly claiming an evil master plan in retrospect might save me for an episode or two.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Great Point Closet Fan
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

great strategy Wendy...

Umm...Wendy? Your strategy is not working. Why don't you pay more attention to your crappy creations inside of plotting like an "envious" tween.
    So far, you have been in the bottom three for two weeks.

If I were her, I would feel inadequate and insecure and jealous and envious, and rightly so. The whole reason she feels the need to resort to machinations in the first place is because she knows she lacks the talent and skills the top contestants do, and she herself says she lacks the promotional and marketing abilities. Wendy also said (rightly or wrongly) this was her last chance. She feels cornered, defensive and inadequate, and she's acting accordingly, not that I think it will do her any good or be a good strategy.

NOTE TO SELF: If ever get on reality TV competition, and decide to play the evil villainess, do not disclose this in confessional. Unless of course, am about to get the boot, in which case suddenly claiming an evil master plan in retrospect might save me for an episode or two.[/QUOTE]

Hilarious ClosetFan! Those who can do, those who can't manipulate the game so that they can gracefully get eliminated by the middle rounds instead of the being the first to go. Wendy is unbearable. At least Vanessa didn't take her seriously in the laundry room when Wendy basically berated Vanessa for being mean to her.

I know it's all about ratings, but so far, no one else on the show appears to have as much time as Wendy to scheme. If Wendy could use that valuable time to concentrate on designing, well maybe, she could finish a concept.

I'm not sure that if she *did* spend MORE time on her designs and LESS time on these supposed evil machinations she has planned out, it would make much of a material improvement in her creations. For someone who is supposedly a professional dressmaker, her sewing and fitting skills are deplorable. I learned how to sew when I was 13, I've altered purchased patterns, combined elements of two or three patterns into one, heck, I've even changed blouse patterns into dresses, and I don't think I would have ever gone out in public in anything so amateurish looking. Aside from the fact that the colors didn't mesh very well, and I can't tell whether the effect of the predominant color was deliberate, or just a bad, uneven dye job, those brown twisted things looked unfinished and bizarre, the cording detail on the front looked uneven and disjointed, and OMG, the back of the dress, it seriously looked like a couple of kids had taken a sheet, stuck a finger through it, wrapped panty hose around the finger, and draped a couple of pieces of cording at the bottom.

As an aside, I understand Wendy's general strategy, stab your competitors in the back, but I don't get how her tactics will actually achieve this. Its like her dress, the "idea" might be OK, but the plan and the execution of it seem seriously flawed to me. So far, she's tried to convince everyone she's this really nice maternal type, try to get everyone to confide in you, even tried a guilt trip on one woman for being "mean to me", but how does this translate into enabling you to get people out of your way? Blackmail them? Make them feel friendly towards you or sorry for you so they won't do such a good job on their own dresses or they'll be guilty enough to give away some of their fabric? Make them think you're so nice you would never, ever sabotage them by hiding their dye? Its like she's trying to play by "Survivor" rules, and it doesn't seem to me like this is a Survivor kind of game.

i find it really hard to believe that out of all the possible applicants for this show, that wendy was in the top tier. i find her two designs on the show absolutely appalling. seriously, the first looks like a party favor. and when the judges said that her second effort appeared "unfinished," they were being generous. it was complete crap imo.

+ Reply to Thread