what is up
what is up
Yay! I like Anthony. It's funny - he kind of reminds me of Chris March. I think they have similar smiles and they both seem to like bolder designs although Chris is more out there than Anthony.Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3868370;
So was Cerri brought back? What is going on?
Cerri's back too.
There was a tie for the win -- Emilio (whose gown I was not fond of)...and Anthony! Yay!
Say bye-bye to Jonathan though. He made about 4 gowns during the course of the challenge, and none of them had a chance. Jay was in the bottom 2 with him.
"Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
Cerri never looked better. Seth Aaron said she looked a bit Vampire and wow, she played it up on the runway too (and not silly Twilight style). Judges hate it and think it's too funeral, but I like it, just not for RC. Cerri is back because Valeria left.
Did Anythony pull a Mila on this challenge!? I think so... black and white color blocking, similar diagonal line from last challenge. Reminds me of Gareth Pugh Spring/Summer 2009 if GP did draping. He has Maya's model after she left.
Jonathan's color scheme is amazing. I love it so much. Not really red carpet again but I really do love the combination. But he did 3 dresses! It looked so sloppy on the front and it was really short. I wonder what his original dress would have looked like.
Emilio's dress looks the most classic red carpet... using glittery sequins that frankly remind me of rust, copper, or ancient artifacts. That could have gone bad really quickly but I think it might win. Judges were in love with it.
And Mila... HATE the look. I don't know what what it is at all and I like her but it she should be been eliminated IMO. Judges called it Jersey Shore, poorly designed, breast area too wide, too simple. It looks cheap too.
Jay's, I don't even know what his was either. Weird light colored denim like colored corset with RUFFLES below (when are they EVER useful?) that accentuate the butt and make the waste like bigger.
In the end, Emilio wins, Jessica Alba says she'll wear Anthony's, final 2 is Jonathan vs Jay, Jay is in.
Last edited by Endit; 04-01-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Seth-Aaron's dress was too butch/Basic Instinct. And Emilio's -- I hated that thing that stuck up from the right boob. I wondered if it was where you insert the quarters to make the gown move...
"Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for the scoop, everyone. I can breath a sigh of relief now.
My observations of tonight's show:
- I respect Maya for leaving on the reasons she did - she put her own health as priority and decided she needed to work on some things before she puts out a line big time. While I do think Maya should've thought a little bit about the long term of the contest, I also understand the prize is very tempting and worth the risk. Plus, she did show that she could cut it in the industry long term - she just needs to work out a few kinks.
- Loved what Seth Aaron said about Maya's leaving - that no one should be ugly about her leaving watching at home because we're not there making the outfits in the contest. I can only imagine the stress of doing these dresses every day - I get a mild case every time I make jewelry for the fair here in town, especially for ribbons (so far, all blue ribbons, but pressure's been too much at times that I haven't added that "oomph" to get it to a grand or reserve grand champion). This has to be 100 times more stressful.
- As much as I love watching Seth Aaron, his outfit was indeed too simple. Was surprised he was third though - even though that could be due to him getting a new model after starting his dress (and probably that his outfit was better fitting than Mila's in the chest).
I think had he done the main part in another color with the trim in black and something that popped (maybe a draped shoulder - it was missing something), the dress really would've worked well. My case, I could have seen that look really well on Heidi in red with the black trim. I think Valeria's leaving broke his train of thought - which can happen if you have ADD which I what I think he has. He could've done much better, and I think Heidi made some great points there for that reason - he has done better. Was a nice dress, but it did miss the mark.
- Anthony thankfully put up instead of shut up and made a lovely dress. I looked at it and said "He did indeed learn from being eliminated." Don't know if he will make final three, he did at least prove that he can do more than a cocktail dress. (And I do hope that Alba does indeed wear a similar outfit made by him in her measurements - she would indeed look lovely in it). I was worried however he was going to topple over when Tim talked to him on the second day, but he did suck it up and kept going.
- I hope that being in the bottom three a third time sounds a death knell for Mila before Bryant Park - her dress was boring and also had an issue with the butt IMHO. Colors also - at least on my TV - looked like Jonathan's metal dress.
- Seth Aaron will have to kick it up a notch, and I'm hoping the comment about pants was not his - he's usually very tailored in that category. But I do not know of anyone else who has made pants other than Jay, and he too did impeccable pants.
- Emilio ... he's setting himself up to fail with that ego of his. He did indeed have a lovely dress, though I do think it was a tad simple. Of course, the fabric here necessitated it, but I do think it was missing something.
- Did anyone else get Sir Mix-a-lot's "Baby got back" stuck in their head when they saw Jay's dress? Yes, I know there was a designer who did a pleated dress (and won) in an earlier season; however, those pleat petals moved and were flattering on the model's body. Jay's just were stiff and added to the big butt effect.
- Jonathan did indeed deserve to be eliminated - it's better to go out and stick with your original design than throw something together. It really did kick him in the butt here. Loved his metal dress, but he had too many off weeks that it cost him in the end. If he had kept up with his designs along the line of his metal one, he'd still be in and I think Mila would've been out by now.
Overall, decent episode, but I'm so hoping that Seth Aaron is in the final three for sure, as well as Anthony. I'm rooting for Jay to regroup and be the final one in the top three, as I do not like Emilio nor Mila - still both one note and too egotistical. The other three admit their faults more often than not and are appreciative of their experience - and I feel are really the three strongest of the lot.
Oh my gosh... you're right - the thing on top of his dress does look like an old coin dispenser you put the coins in for parking meters.Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3868398;