+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 7/10 Show Discussion**SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    What a second here... The stepsons are the producers of the show (as shown in the opening credits) and they just happened to start filming on the same day that the stepdad said was his last straw?!? That makes the entire show feel fake and scripted. I guess watching the show will just make those spoiled kids richer and more spoiled. There are just way too many decent reality shows to watch crap like this.
    Yeah, the "creators" and "producers" (as the credits listed them) are the kids......yet we're led to believe that the stepdad just came up with the idea to cut them off (conveniently when a camera was nearby).

"...what the kids don't know....I'm cutting them off".....this had to be the funniest line of the show. IF this was true (which it is not), this would make those kids the biggest fools in history for "creating" a show where they don't know what happens. Instead, I think it's just another scripted pile of poo.

FORT Regular
    My take:

Ok, I watched this show....It was mildly amusing. Then when I saw that the boys were the producers, then I was pi$$ed. I felt like I had been punked. If the the Dad works in the music industry and is as savvy a business man that he claims to be, there is no way in He** that he would let these two freeload off him like that. The mother is a complete twit. The friend typical spoiled jerk. This is just another version of that one Fox show with the two rappers that was on last year. Like I said in another thread, it's just another celebrity infomercial to catipult the rich but not yet famous into stardom. Just ask Paris and Nicole, Ashlee Simpson, Jerry Hall, Hulk Hogan, and the list goes on and on. I'm sick of it.

FORT Newbie
    The show sems canned - almost like every scene was acted. Whether or not I am correct, these people are vile. David seems to be on the ground. the mom vacantly waltzes thru defending these selfish children of hers. Wasn't she a HEE HAW HONEY and if I recall , always on the arms of a rich man? Perhaps she is used to taking as well so it is OK for the boys to take. BTW with all that money she has ACCES TO, why the "do it yourself" /one color hair dye ??? So sad with all the money and time they have they cannot instill caring values in these greedy children. They need to get jobs ALL OFTHEM, INCLUDING MOM.

Just finished watching with a local Malibu eye.

To me, the silliest set-up thing was the carwash. I played the aerial shot of the house in slow-motion. Unless they did some quick cutting that I missed, the house is in the area known as Serra Retreat (the same neighborhood Britney Spears moved into.) There is absolutely no passing traffic tucked up there. The girls waving signs in the corner in bikinis were actually a good 6 miles north, at the intersection of PCH and Kanan Rd, opposite the Malibu Gym (the producers found a nice way to get the word 'Malibu' into the frame.)

The shot of David and what's-her-name coming home from the airport had them going south on PCH past the Malibu Pier, which would actually take them TO the airport, if anyone cared.

I've never eaten at Nobu, but I get my hair cut 3 stores down.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    I've never eaten at Nobu, but I get my hair cut 3 stores down.
    I hope it's not the most expensive salon in California....if not the world! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper
    I hope it's not the most expensive salon in California....if not the world! lol
    Ha, tune in to Blow Out II, that one is in Beverly Hills.

BTW, my husband tried to get a reservation at Nobu once for our anniversary, which was a few days away. They were very snooty and told him he would have to call back the next day before 5 PM, because they did not take reservations after 5 PM. We opted to go elsewhere.

Something just occured to me about the boys' money situation. I have a really hard time believing that they are broke.

These people are very wealthy. They have some big hitting financial planning behind them. A big part of that is focused on passing down the wealth, minimizing taxes. At minimum, each parent can give each child $10,000 a year as an outright gift, with no gift tax. Sure, they blow that with a few parties at Nobu, but how about gifts of securities that pay dividends? There is income there. How about trusts? If there aren't a whole bunch of assets tucked into trusts set up to benefit these kids, then Mr. and Mrs. Foster need a new financial planner. If he's been paying their credit card bills, then he's been letting them save their money. That too is a rich-dad technique for passing down the wealth.

One problem with growing up like that, with a lot of unearned income, is that when the kid goes to look for a job, and discovers he will put in 40 hours a week of crap for a fraction of the money he makes doing nothing, he loses motivation to take the job.

I think these boys are perfectly capable of paying their own bills, if they just get out their Dean Whitter check book.

FORT Fan
    Wow: when worlds collide...

I didn't watch the first show, have no intention of tuning in. However, I saw the brothers on an entertainment show with their mother. The caption ID'd her as Linda Thompson and I immediately flashed on Bruce Jenner, recognizing her as an ex-Mrs. She also is an ex-Elvis fiancee. Whatta piece of work she is.

And THEN I realized that must mean these kids are Bruce Jenner's progeny. And THEN I recognized the name David Foster: he's the music producer guy. The one who had a traffic accident with Ben Vereen a few decades back. (I watch too much TV...sue me )

This whole show is, like, TWO Degrees of Separation! Pretty soon reality TV shows will be so saturated and incestuous that the only shows left to do are about people who are their own grandchildren. And we'll probably be watching them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234