+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Synopsis.

Show Synopsis.

It's destination: Malibu and an insider's view of two brothers who are always on vacation as FOX presents the new unscripted series THE PRINCES OF MALIBU, premiering Sunday, July 10 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT).

This series, filled with humor and some universally relatable family issues, uncovers the comedy that inevitably arises when a pair of free-wheeling adult brothers live at home with their mother and stepfather.
    The difference here is that their home is a luxurious 22-acre compound by the sea, and their stepfather happens to be legendary musician, arranger and producer DAVID FOSTER.
    Brothers BRANDON and BRODY JENNER, sons of Olympian Bruce Jenner and songwriter LINDA THOMPSON, who's now married to Foster, are driving their step-dad to distraction.
    While Foster is hard at work, the boys, along with their friend SPENCER PRATT, are working hard at spending his money running up tabs at expensive restaurants and partying day and night.
    Foster is finally putting his foot down. He wants Brandon and Brody to grow up and get out.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I don't know, spoiled rich party boys who still live with the 'rents? I don't know if that's really going to be very entertaining. They both seem very grungy. I might be more attracted to it if they, I don't know, washed their hair? Brandon went to school in Boulder, that explains a lot.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I guess I'll do like I did with the Hilton show, watch the first episode and then decide if it's a keeper.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I have the same plan, Q.

The boys are reasonably easy on the eyes, but rich brats acting rich and bratty might not be a whole lot of fun for too long.

The promos look entertaining. I want to give it a shot. The worst that can happen is I turn the channel 5 minutes in and never set TiVo to get more.

FORT Regular
    Sounds like another infomercial for the rich, but not yet famous to me.......

Hmmmm. I'll give the local perspective after I see it.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem Stone
    Sounds like another infomercial for the rich, but not yet famous to me.......
    David Foster is a musical genius...if they want fame and they're worthy, they couldn't have a better connected person be their step-father.

Foster has made stars out of loads of people.

I'm pretty excited to see this. I'm in the camp of people that loves Laguna Beach and My Sweet Sixteen on MTV, bad, petty shows? Oh yes. Fun? Major.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I'll give it a shot. I get the feeling they'll be emulating Paris and Nicole however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast