+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linda Thompson - The Mother

Linda Thompson - The Mother

Oscar-nominated, Grammy nominated, Emmy winning songwriter, Linda is also a former actress and model.

Her writing credits include Downing by The Backstreet Boys and Celine Dion's Miracle.
    She has also written songs for Natalie Cole, Kelly Clarkson, Josh Groban, Barbra Streisand and Monica and several other artists have recorded songs for which she has provided the lyrics in colaboration with other writers.

As an actress she appeared for 15 years on Hee Haw and also had guest roles on Beverly Hills 90210, CHiP's, Vegas, Starsky and Hutch and Fantasy Island.

A commited animal lover, Thompson is on the board of The Lange Foundation and a member of The American Humane Society.
    She was co-chair of the Diabetes Assocaition for two years and serves on the auction committee for the Race to Erase MS.

Born in Memphis, Thompson was a theatre and English major at Memphis State University and lived in Grace Land with Elvis for five years.

Whoa! That's quite the outfit she has on. She lived with Elvis for 5 years? She was married to Bruce Jenner? I'm betting she has some interesting stories to tell.

I am not positive, but I believe she was the one dating Elvis when he died....so that would be his last 5 years....
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Wow. She looks creepy, like her face is so pulled back, any kind of real emotion would make the whole contraption snap. She gives me the heebie-jeebies already.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Oh, I saw her on an Elvis biography a long time ago...I remember her saying she's the first person Lisa called saying, "Linda, my daddy's dead." So she was married to Bruce Jenner? Maybe she's the one who suggested he have his plastic surgery.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

WHOA HOT MAMA!

Wow, such a typical celebrity; all plastic surgery, sleeping around with other celebritys, etc. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    She lived with Elvis for 5 years?
    Yes she did.

She was also Miss Tennessee. I remember her being on the Hee Haw television show.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Well she must certainly take care of herself, with help from her plastic surgeon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Thompson
    This article is about the American actress and songwriter. For other famous people named Linda Thompson, see Linda Thompson (disambiguation).

Linda Diane Thompson (born May 23, 1950 in Memphis, Tennessee) is an American actress and songwriter.

Linda Thompson won several beauty pageants, including the 1972 "Miss Tennessee-Universe" title. In July of that year she began a relationship with the recently separated Elvis Presley and lived with him at Graceland for four and a half years. A few months after her late 1976 breakup with Presley, she signed on as a regular on the TV series Hee Haw where she performed until 1982.

In 1981, Thompson married former Olympic Games Gold Medalist, Bruce Jenner with whom she had two children. The marriage ended in 1983 and she appeared in a few motion pictures and made a number of guest appearances on different television series. In 1991 she married composer David Foster. With her new husband, she began writing lyrics for some of his compositions, notably the song "No Explanation" for the 1990 film, Pretty Woman. In 1992 they were nominated for a Grammy Award and an Academy Award for Best Song for their composition of the song "I Have Nothing" sung by Whitney Houston in the 1992 motion picture, The Bodyguard. Thompson wrote the lyrics to "The Power of the Dream", the official song of the 1996 Summer Olympics composed by Foster and Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds. In 2003, Thompson and her husband won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Music and Lyrics for "The Concert for World Children's Day."

She is active with her husband in humanitarian causes in the "David Foster Foundation Society."
    Dang, she's older than me?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    WOW!! OMG her body looks great for being 55! She looks fantastic. The face however.....Why don't they enhance instead of uglfying.....?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast