+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: This Is How "Playing It" Ends

FORT Regular
    Bonjour, tout le monde!

I must say I'm vaguely concerned that Jackie's gaydar suddenly became so good. Tarnation! She originally knocked off 3 straight men (out of 4 men eliminated) and then suddenly she gets 5 (Chad, John, Lee, Luciano, and Bradley) + Eddie in 3 weeks...

It now seems that it is two gay guys and two straight guys...though Chris could be gay (Bill is such a 'mo, it ain't even funny), he may well be a Gust-like straight guy (a gay straight man?).

Looks like Jackie's chances of scoring that 500K are looking up.

Shock and Awe!

LadyC

FORT Regular
    Unsurprised at the revelation of Luciano and Bradley as gay.

What I am curious about is how Jackie took it when she punted them...she seemed so enamoured with Bradley last week...I wonder what piqued her suspicions again...I know it's been established that she mentioned the 500K/million bucks slip, but that didn't seem enough in my mind...but then I suppose I can't presume to know what goes on inside her head.

And what set her off about Luciano? She seemed so blitzed by his shudder-worthy beauty (Woo Hoo!!!) that I'm surprised she let him go (especially before Bill, of whom she's expressed previous suspicion).

It may well be that she's believing Chris and is just really getting a hetero vibe from Sharif and Banks and knows she can punt Bill next week (farewell, my studly stubbled one...)

Perhaps Marianne et al will help us...

LadyC

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    My quick update on who's still here...
    1.Bradley Ė GONE today Ė GAY and it was SO obvious!
    2.Bill Ė Still here Ė Iím 99.99% sure heís gay (and he is SO my type!!!)
    3.Banks Still here Ė Iím saying heís straight
    4.Sharif Here - Straight, at least I think so
    5.Chris Still hereÖIíve been saying heís straight, but he could surprise me
    6.Luciano Gone today Ė GAY and I knew it!!! (just let me at him!)

dave
    Is this what happened on the show today or just what you think?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

FORT Regular
    THANKS!

MONEY IS NO OBJECT!!!

dave

You are so right! I would SO pay someone who'd taped this (nudge nudge, wink wink) for their troubles. Let's hope Dave and I don't come to a slapfest on Ebay... That wouldn't be pretty!

LadyC

HEY...

I just had a thought, hopefully, a BRILLIANT thought!

Is it possible for those of you on the "other side of the pond" to contact the TV station airing PiS and see if THEY can get a video or DVD???

dave
    Sorry, donít get your hopes up.

First I doubt any station here or across the Atlantic would make DVDís / video tapes of their programs. I would imagine that there are contract agreements.

Iíve heard of local news stations providing videos to families when they are in the news, but never a network or independently produced show. Can you imagine your local CBS, NBC, ABC affiliate giving you tapes of their shows, even if you bought it? The only recourse is if FOX (or some other network) decides to finally show it or it gets released on DVD.

Secondly, DVD and video recorders have different standards. DVDís purchased here will not play in Europe. Europe DVDís will not play here. NTSC (US/Canada) vs. PAL (Europe) standards.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...392634-6992069

I also want to thank Marianne and norse for their wonderful updates.

FORT Regular
    Secondly, DVD and video recorders have different standards. DVD’s purchased here will not play in Europe. Europe DVD’s will not play here. NTSC (US/Canada) vs. PAL (Europe) standards.

Actually ChgoBurbs, you can have PAL coverted to NTSC...I've had it done for school projects and university research when requiring documentaries from the BBC. You can't sell them for profit, but you are allowed to have them transferred...the only problem is finding a place that has the equipment, which can be challenging.

Lady C
    Last edited by LadyCoetzer; 07-12-2004 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Did not give credit to the person I quoted

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer
    Actually ChgoBurbs, you can have PAL coverted to NTSC...I've had it done for school projects and university research when requiring documentaries from the BBC. You can't sell them for profit, but you are allowed to have them transferred...the only problem is finding a place that has the equipment, which can be challenging.

Lady C
    Iím sure there are services that will do that for you and you can also buy DVD players that play both standards. I was just stating that itís not as easy as getting someone to record the show there and then just watching it here.

FORT Newbie
    Hello again everybody! Here is the recap from episode 5

After the same intro they send every week, where we see the guys saying : "He's gay" and "He's definitely gay", and not knowing who they are talking about, this weeks episode starts off with Jackie saying she is more confused than ever, and she has no clue to who's gay or straight.

Then there are some small clips from the guys basically saying that they have become a tight group, but nobody has forgotten that this is a competition and you can't trust anyone.

Todays first competition or task if you will, was for all the guys to build a tower together for Jackie where she could stargaze. The purpose of this task was to see which one of the guys who would take charge and lead the group. Because building a tower is a typical masculine job, Jackie believes it will help her spot the gay men.
    (There must be some gay men who take offense buy this stereotype way of thinking?)
    Any-who, all the guys are totally in the dark when it comes to building this tower, and it takes them forever to figure it out. But Bill steps up to the plate and gets the guys organised, and they do finish the tower. Of course Jackie is amazed by their craftsmanship, and because Bill took the lead of the project she figures: " Bill is probably straight".

Then we move on to a clip of some of the guys saying that Jackie's gaydar is totally off the charts, because there are some men there who are so gay you wouldn't believe it.

In the afternoon Luciano is making dinner for everybody, and he reveals the staggering fact the he doesn't like a lot of people in the kitchen while he is cooking.
    Before everyone gets down for dinner Luciano calls Jackie to taste some delicious food he made just for her. Jackie says she gets butterflies in her stomach when she sees Luciano, and no matter what people are saying about him, her gut feeling tells her he's straight.
    During the dinner Luciano makes a bad joke after Jackie complemented him on his cooking skills: " Will you guys do me a favor? Just drop out." Like he had already won the whole thing. Nobody thought that was very funny.

Sharif feels he needs to get back in the game so he wrote a song for Jackie, with a little help from Chris who would do anything to see Luciano go.
    The title of the song was: " Everybody is gay but me". He wrote a verse about all the remaining guys and the song was hilarious. I only had time to write down one verse , but it's about Luciano and it goes like this: " Luciano runs really fast, but I think I caught him starring at my ass".

Now we have arrived at the arm wrestling match. The prize for the winner is to stargaze with Jackie in the tower they built for her.

Everybody is arm wrestling each other ,and in the final it is just Banks an Luciano left. Banks turns out to be pretty strong for his size, and the match comes to a deadlock between them, until Luciano gives it all he's got and Banks arm breaks.
    Everybody is in complete shock and Banks hits the floor. Luciano is feeling really bad about he whole thing and saying: " I have never hurt anybody in my life". he walks away filled with guilt and crying a little bit.
    Jackie stays by Banks side till the ambulance get there to take him to the hospital. banks gets goodbye kiss from Jackie, which immediately makes Sharif think that Banks is playing the sympathy card.

After banks is gone and everybody returned to the farm Luciano wants to make sure Jackie is not mad at him, so he goes to see her. He finds out that she doesn't blame him, and then they both cry together, holding and hugging.

The next morning, at he breakfast table, Luciano is no longer feeling so guilty about he whole thing as he says something like: "That was one competitor down".

The same day Banks returns to the farm, but the rest of the guys are not really happy to see him, and they don't hide it. Jackie also sees it.

Just before the elimination they all get ten minutes with her, and the first one was Banks. They were just small talking about his arm and stuff. Not so interesting.
    Luciano is next, and he is worried that he will get the boot because of what happened with Banks. Jackie re-assures him, saying:" Everybody knows you weren't trying to hurt him", but you can tell that she is a little annoyed by him for not letting it go.
    When Chris comes in she asks him straight out if he still thinks Luciano is gay, and the answer is yes.
    When Bradley enters the room he gets the same question, and he tells her to get rid of Luciano.
    Sharif says he thinks Chris is gay, but there is no confirmation on that yet.
    Bill tells her he thinks Luciano and Bradley are gay.

Then to the elimination. This is the order they were called in:

Banks, and he is staying.
    Bill is also staying.
    Sharif is staying too, but Jackie tried tricking him into believing he was going. She started by saying that they had shared good times, but all were based on music..... You could see the terror in Sharif's eyes when he thought he was out, but then Jackie started laughing and told him she wanted him to stay.
    Bradley is going, because earlier he slipped up and mentioned a million dollar , not half, and that leaves Jackie thinking he is gay. And there is the whole thing about the blow-drier........ Bradley admits to being gay, and goes on telling her how hard it was for him to lie to her.
    Luciano is also going. She tells him that several of the guys told her that he is gay. He confirms it and also tells her how hard it has been for him to lie, but does so with a big smile on his face.
    The last one is Chris, and he is obviously staying. Chris tells her to have faith in him, and she won't be disappointed.
    Jackie calls Chris her allied, and she is going to continue to trust him. So i guess his strategy is working.

The show ends with both Luciano and Bradley saying how difficult it has been to pretend to be something they are not. And Jackie realizing that these guys are prepared to do anything to win.

Till next time, have a good week, and thank you for all the nice replies to my last recap. Me very happy!

Marrianne, thanks again, this was the episode I really wanted to see! By the way, are you a Brit or American in Norway ( it's the anywho, that makes me wonder )?

Thank you, thank you. Your recaps are great!

Sorry to hear Bradley is gone.

+ Reply to Thread