+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: This Is How "Playing It" Ends

Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    Does ANYONE know if there will be a DVD or Video that we can buy? Even though the updates are great, I'd still LOVE to see the rest of the show!
    I really want to see the remaining episodes, too. I e-mailed FOX asking whether they will make a DVD or Video of the show available and told them there are loyal fans out here patiently waiting to watch the rest of the show! Of course, I have gotten no response.

FORT Regular
    I would be the first in line for the DVD/Video of this show. Clear the gangway, people, you are looking at one very determined fan who will take no prisoners!

Any thoughts on who might be next to go?

If Jackie listens to Chris (he was right about John, after all...though he may have only reconfirmed what she was already thinking), Luciano's days may well be numbered as his was the other name that was dropped.

I must say I would love to see the look on her face when Luciano tells her he's gay...we'll probably just see two stiletto heels (and those shapely calves that Ryan commented on in episode one) sticking up from behind the haybales when she passes out from shock...

En tout cas...I think that Bill and Luciano's days are numbered...though Chris could well be in that boat also...it seems from the recap that only Bradley seems relatively safe right now.

Any thoughts...?

LadyC

yeah bradely seems safe...for now

i was kinda guessing the final 2 would be banks/shariff....maybe i read that somewhere haha

i predict in episode 5 luciano/bill go or bill/chris will go

i would buy the dvd of PIS in a heartbeat! they should release it to dvd...that and wonderfalls, even though i didn't watch the show, fox canned it a week after PIS...they owe it to the fans that FOX!!!!

oh and i'm really surprised chris's big bomb was that lucy/john were gay..scary thing is, he is right haha

FORT Regular
    Bonjour all "Playing it Straight" worshippers (and a devoted bunch we are!)...Fox finally responded to my emails (hallelujah!), but they only responded with a form letter (everyone's moved on to other projects...blah blah blah).

Guess our best hope is our delightful Norwegian updaters (benevolent angels, methinks) or that someone will put DVDs up on Ebay or something...that's how I got Angels in America on DVD in December! Fingers crossed that they release this on DVD, but I'm not holding my breath...

Looks like Marianne and her lovely cohorts are our best chance to find some resolution...

FORT Newbie
    Hi, im just a girl from norway, and as you allready know the "playing it straigt" episodes air here in norway now. The fifth episode is on tomorrow night, or, well, monday night european time but me and Marianne will keep you updated with the show as soon as the episodes air..!

Have a good day -kristine- aka Pinky!

Welcome Kristine and thanks so much to all of our wonderful friends in Norway for keeping us updated. You guys are wonderful!
    Sharif Rocks. www.sharifmusic.com

Thanks for the updates! I really liked the show!

oh man...i feel like sending them an email with a bunch of swear words in it telling them off hahaha

well i'm glad i taped the 3 episodes that i have....and i only taped them because i wasn't home when the episode aired

FORT Regular
    well i'm glad i taped the 3 episodes that i have....and i only taped them because i wasn't home when the episode aired[/QUOTE]

Oh, I hear you and feel the same way! As more and more men are revealed (straight or gay), I even go back and re-watch the episodes through the lens of the new information...it's actually quite entertaining.

OK, that sounds a little obsessive/ne plus ultra as in "Glenn-Close-is-only-pretending-to-be-dead-in-the-bathtub-where-is-Anne-Archer-with the-gun-from-the-sock-drawer" crazy...but I don't care.

LadyC

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    oh man...i feel like sending them an email with a bunch of swear words in it telling them off hahaha
    I know what you mean! I feel like sending FOX hate-mail too, but I know it will just fall on deaf ears. I have sent several polite e-mails telling them how much I enjoyed the show, asking about its current status, and asking if there is any way I can purchase the show on tape or DVD. No response.

What's worse than their cancellation of the show is the way FOX has handled the situation. They pulled the show without any word or explanation to loyal viewers. Then they made promises to air the remaining episodes which they failed to keep. I find it hard to believe that they can find no time in their busy schedule to air the remaining 4 or 5 episodes, or at least make the tapes available for purchase.

I will not be watching FOX anymore. I am glad that my friends have turned me on to The Amazing Race so that now I can pledge my allegiance to CBS! At least we have our friends in Norway so that we will know what happened to Jackie and all of the boys on the Ranch.

Okay I'll step down now...Thanks for listening. Although no one at FOX will listen, at least I know I have a place to vent here!

+ Reply to Thread