Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Show cancellation and re-airing info

FORT Fan

"Playing It Straight" Off the Air

Fox has apparantly given the boot to "Playing It Straight". The series is no longer listed as airing this Friday. It has been replaced by episodes of prior time slot series "Totally Outrageous Behavior" and "World's Craziest Videos".

Also, the "PIS" website at www.fox.com has removed the day and time listed on the site.

What isn't known is if this is a temporary absence or a more permanent one. "PIS" is still listed as airing next Friday (April 9), but "PIS" was also slated to air this Friday until today.

Best case scenario is that the series will return in a couple weeks or April 2, or the summer. Worst case obviously is that "PIS" enters the TV history books without ever revealing a winner.

The good news is that virtually no reality series has ended without a winner being declared. Several reality series have been pulled and brought back later (a la ABC's "Mole" and "The Family"), but I can't think of any series that never aired all of its episodes - eventually.
    Last edited by jpoliver; 03-29-2004 at 11:55 PM.

As Kyle's mom would say, "What What WHAT?!?!?"
    Sharif Rocks. www.sharifmusic.com

It's not that unusual to reschedule a single episode. It happens all of the time, even with successful shows.

Nooooooo!

I hope it does come back next week. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Fox also just moved Forever Eden (also doing badly in ratings) to Fridays at 9pm.
    Last edited by makerc; 03-30-2004 at 12:37 AM.

Boo Hiss

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Nooooooo!

I hope it does come back next week. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Fox also just moved Forever Eden (also doing badly in ratings) to Fridays at 9pm.
    The Friday episode of "Forever Eden" (April 2) is a one time only airing. It was moved so that "Wonderfalls" can air Thursday (April 1) at 9:00 p.m. "FE" returns to Thursdays next week.

I guess Friday night is really not a good time for reality or any other type of shows (like NBC's Miss Match). I guess not a lot of people stay home on Fridays. Well, I hope Fox brings it back soon. I really want to find out who is straight and who is gay.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    It's not that unusual to reschedule a single episode. It happens all of the time, even with successful shows.
    The only problem is that I don't think it is necessarily a one-time only occurance. I may think differently if Fox hadn't removed "Fridays at 8" from the "PIS" website.

We should know some details over the coming days...

(1) Does Fox adjust next week's schedule and remove the April 9th episode as well (remember, "PIS" was listed as airing this week until Monday).

(2) Does Fox keep the "PIS" site up and running during its absence from the schedule. It would bode well for the remaining episodes to air if that happens. Otherwise, why would Fox devote space on their website to a series they have no intention of airing?

One thing that is perplexing to me is the fact that "Joe Millionaire 2" was a colossal bomb, but Fox committed to airing the entire series. Also, the previously mentioned "Forever Eden" is doing comparable to what "PIS" is in the ratings, so why is that series allowed to remain (probably because it has a 25 episode order and "PIS" most likely has 6). Also, "Wonderfalls" is on par with the ratings for "PIS" too, but why the emphasis to save it (like showing it on Thursdays, not once, but twice now) and nothing for "PIS".

Only time will tell.

What's really strange is the Fan Site information is now working, I signed up to get updates on the show.

It said coming soon before today.

Fox changed the schedule for the next episode of "Wonderfalls" as well (the show which follows PIS). I don't think that means that WF is in danger. I think it means that they've got some special Friday night broadcast planned of something else.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast