Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Show cancellation and re-airing info

Quote Originally Posted by Forever*
    OMG! ... I hate you FOX... If your reading this.. I hate you!

Forever Eden??

I AGREE!!!

:deadhorse
    dave

FORT Newbie

Playing It Straight Will Re-Air In July!!!!!

Playing It Straight will re-air in its entirely in July on a Monday or Tuesday night.

The skinny is that FOX didn't dump the show--they've simply realized the error of their ways that Friday nights are the "dead zone" for reality tv. The show did well in the younger demographic from the beginning--but the younger demographic isn't home on Friday nights! Makes you wonder what the FOX schedulers were thinking....

Networks don't put reality tv shows on Friday nights for exactly that reason.

The good news is that FOX will re-launch the entire series starting with episode one and it won't be stuck on Fridays. My guess is that the show will become a hit--it was just very poor scheduling on FOX's part.

If FOX wanted to kill the show, they would just let it die on Friday nights, similar to what they are now going to do with Paradise Hotel (moved to Fridays at 9:00) and what they did with Joe Millionaire 2 (they put 2 shows on a week to hurry up and get rid of it). The fact that FOX is taking the trouble to pull PIS and re-launch it simply means they are expecting it to do well on another night and now realize that Friday nights was a mistake.

The bad news is that we don't get to find out what happened until this summer!!??? I'm bummed!

Seems like the best thing for fans here to do is to sign up for the Playing It Straight "fan club" on the official FOX site (www.fox.com/playingitstraight) and which apparently became operational for the first time over the weekend. That way, FOX can notify the fans of the new dates and they can see that a lot of us really like the show!

You can also e-mail askfox@foxinc.com and tell them how much you love Playing It Straight and want to see it in its entirety in July on a regular weekday night. Let them know your demographics (age and gender). FOX DOES pay attention to these e-mails. So the more people who take the time to do this the better it will be for the show.

Finally, just so that they are sure to hear from us, you can send a postcard to Fox President Gail Berman to let her know you are a fan of Playing It Straight and want to see it air again in July. You should again include your demographics.

Gail Berman
    Fox Broadcasting
    Building 100 Room 4450
    10201 W. Pico Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90035

That's all we can do.

Here's to a successful relaunch of PIS in July!

Quote Originally Posted by bumping2
    Playing It Straight will re-air in its entirely in July on a Monday or Tuesday night.

The skinny is that FOX didn't dump the show--they've simply realized the error of their ways that Friday nights are the "dead zone" for reality tv. The show did well in the younger demographic from the beginning--but the younger demographic isn't home on Friday nights! Makes you wonder what the FOX schedulers were thinking....

Here's to a successful relaunch of PIS in July!
    That does totally suck!

I am glad that the show is not finished completely!!!

dave

I would rather they show it two nights a week and get it over with, instead of waiting untill July.

This does not make me happy.

[QUOTE=davewfred]That does totally suck!

That partly sucks! At least they didn't cancel it. Hope they string it out more in the summer, that is, more episodes.

That partly sucks! At least they didn't cancel it. Hope they string it out more in the summer, that is, more episodes.[/QUOTE]

YEAH! GOod point! Maybe they'll re-edit it and we get to see the shower scene and why Eddie left!!!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

dave

Where did you get this information, bumping2?

At least FOX is re-airing the series. They should have never put it on a Friday night in the first place. Now more people will see the show, which is great. The only bad thing is we have to wait a few more months to find out what happens!!!
    Sharif Rocks. www.sharifmusic.com

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Very interesting point about the censors. I think that's definitely a possibility, in light of the Janet Jackson/Five Second Delay hysteria sweeping the nation at this moment. Perhaps FOX felt it would be better to re air the show later when things died down and they could air more hot male booty and shower scenes (maybe this is just wishful thinking.)

Also, here's an email from Sharif about the situation from his mailing list, below.

Some of you may have noticed that "Playing it Straight" is not airing this Friday. Here's the scoop, directly from FOX:

FOX loves the show, and thinks it is one of the most creative shows they have had in a long time. It wasn't doing well, bc it was airing on Friday nights AND it was up against all the basketball games (whatever those are.) So, they are going to re-launch it in July, in a much better time slot, on a Monday or Tuesday. They are going to pump a lot more money into advertising, and they expect it to do "as well or better than 'The Simple Life.'" In order to help promote the show, I may decide to leak one of my own private movies onto the Internet a la Paris Hilton.

Anyhow, that's the news. It may seem bad now, but it's actually great news. The show will have millions of more viewers, and we all have a little more time to tell our friends to watch it. If FOX hadn't liked the show, they would have just let it die on Friday nights like Paradise Hotel or Joe Millionaire 2. The fact that they want to re-launch the show and spent millions more promoting it shows that they have total faith in it. So, in the meantime, I'll be touring with my new album, and waiting for summer to roll around.

s

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bumping2

Networks don't put reality tv shows on Friday nights for exactly that reason.
    Yes, as I've harped about many times here - and I don't work in TV - Friday night? For THIS show?
    One word to FOX - DUH!
    I'm a huge huge fan of the show and even I didn't see it last week.

Closed Thread