Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Show cancellation and re-airing info

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Just had a thought... since the contestants have signed a confidentiality agreement, does that mean they are obligated to keep the secret until Fox airs final episode? How are they suppose to keep half a million or a million and a possible SO a secret for that long from their friends and family?

They couldn't, rumors are flying everywhere now as it is.
    This just plain sucks

Noreen, yes, they would be obligated to keep the confidentiality until the finale airs. The same thing happened with TAR4, which was supposed to air in February, but instead aired in May. Because of the strain of keeping the secret, Chip & Reichen, the winners, ended up separating.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    We may want to swear, but at least those "nice folks" over at Fox are planning to allow the series to play out in its entirity. It could be worse, they could mothball the series and dump into the TV History folder never to be seen again.

Just a side note, does anyone at Fox wonder why outside of Sundays and "American Idol" why their ratings are horrible? Maybe the fact that you move series back-and-forth (sometimes on a weekly basis) without virtually any publicity or reaction time. Fox desperatly needs something it hasn't had in several years: a stable prime time line-up.
    Amen to that!

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Are you kidding me? I've never seen a reality show get axed halfway thru the season?

Even if the ratings are low why leave us hanging???

Does Forever Eden get good ratings? The one and only time I watched that was one night when there were absolutely no other reality shows airing.

I'm

This sucks!
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Is April 4 a Friday in the U.S.? It's actually a Sunday up here in Canada. Oh, you wacky Americans!

Seriously, we need to see the rest of the episodes. Somebody here has to win a date with Sharif.

It's only Friday in Hawaii on April 4th.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I know that ratings are everything, but does anyone think the showing of Eddie's ass might have spooked the sponsors and FOX caught a lot of hell?

8:00 on Fri. (non school night) way to early, if they had to have it on Fri, why not later.
    Last edited by Noreen; 03-30-2004 at 03:06 PM.

FORT Regular
    If I recall, the Mole 2 also had the same problem, it was shelved after 3-4 episodes (truly a travesty) and re-aired from the beginning in the summer, contestants had to continue to keep everything secret.

Since most of the reality show agreements say that the "winner" does not get the prize until AFTER the final episode airs, the network really has the contestants in a vise grip.

I wonder if at some point a network will try to cancel a moderately-rated show right before the final episode (having aired all others) and thus not pay the piper

As for TAR4, I recall they shelved it before airing anything so they could make room for more Star Search. Here we are a year later, CBS has run Star Search into the ground with so many airings (not a one of which I ever saw - even if I liked the show, I'd have avoided it because of what they did to TAR) but at least we know there'll be a TAR5 (someday)!

T.

OMG! ... I hate you FOX... If your reading this.. I hate you!

:deadhorse

They will air the 500000000000000th version of Survivor... probably "Survivor : The Backyard Series" (if they don't use that one already) but they will do this to PiS.

Obviously you get low rates, it's Friday... and it's not something every family supports watching.

Forever Eden??
    Currently Enjoying:

Playing it Straight *Loving it! very fun but needs more viewers!*
    American Idol 3 *Simon who?*

FORT Regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure what Fox was expecting.

I mean, did they even THINK about Friday night - I mean, ratings are bad on Friday evenings anyway, but THIS show is probably one of the worst for a Friday night.

Let's see...the "young demographic" that would probably watch this show is primarily NOT AT HOME on Friday night.

Most of the people watching a lot of TV on Friday nights are the TGIF crowd - families with kids, etc. My guess is that such families probably don't watch any of the dating shows with their kids, forget THIS show

The other group at home is older folks, which are MUCH more likely to avoid the show like the plague due to its subject matter (ignore those evil people, they'll go away!).

Nice scheduling call.

How many shows (not just reality shows, but shows in general) that were otherwise good have been canceled over the past few years because the network decided that Saturday night, or opposite Friends/Survivor, or opposite American Idol, or whatever, was a "great place" to put them?

T.

Here is the article I found.

News: Playing It Straight Pulled From FOX Line-up

TVRules.net has learned that FOX's new reality series "Playing It Straight" has been pulled from the Friday night line-up as of this Friday, April 2. It is being replaced by "Totally Outrageous Behavior" and "World's Craziest Videos" indefinitely. Both shows aired earlier this year in the same time slot.

FOX plans on re-launching the series sometime later this summer, hopefully to better ratings than the last three episodes.

Also in the network reshuffle, "Forever Eden" permanently moves into the Friday night slot beginning this week, while "Wonderfalls" moves over to Thursday nights following "Tru Calling."

Closed Thread