Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Show cancellation and re-airing info

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    MORE THAN HEARTS ARE BROKEN ON
    “PLAYING IT STRAIGHT”
    FRIDAY, APRIL 9, ON FOX

Jackie is getting to know the eight remaining guys and is still having trouble guessing who is playing it straight. Meanwhile, the guys engage in a friendly arm-wrestling competition that results in a trip to the emergency room for one of the guys. Later, Jackie is faced with eliminating two more of the guys - - and if she guesses wrong she lowers her chances for the million bucks on PLAYING IT STRAIGHT Friday, April 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PS-105) (TV-14; V).

dave
    In the interest of being fair (and realistic), the episode number listed for this episode is #5 (PS-105). Series are typically numbered by season and episode (105=season 1, episode 5). If "PIS" isn't on this week (April 2), wouldn't the episode airing April 9 still be episode 4? Perhaps Fox hasn't updated their "Next Week" schedule. Still, I wouldn't get too relieved that "PIS" is still on the air just because it says so in the "Next Week" listing. Fox has been known to change those, sometimes on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    In the interest of being fair (and realistic), the episode number listed for this episode is #5 (PS-105). Series are typically numbered by season and episode (105=season 1, episode 5). If "PIS" isn't on this week (April 2), wouldn't the episode airing April 9 still be episode 4? Perhaps Fox hasn't updated their "Next Week" schedule. Still, I wouldn't get too relieved that "PIS" is still on the air just because it says so in the "Next Week" listing. Fox has been known to change those, sometimes on a daily basis.
    Let's hope it's just typo!

dave

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    If this is true then all I can say is SHI#!!!!
    We may want to swear, but at least those "nice folks" over at Fox are planning to allow the series to play out in its entirity. It could be worse, they could mothball the series and dump into the TV History folder never to be seen again.

Just a side note, does anyone at Fox wonder why outside of Sundays and "American Idol" why their ratings are horrible? Maybe the fact that you move series back-and-forth (sometimes on a weekly basis) without virtually any publicity or reaction time. Fox desperatly needs something it hasn't had in several years: a stable prime time line-up.

FORT Newbie
    If you sign up for the PIS fan club at www.fox.com/playingitstaight, at least you'll know what's up and FOX will see that PIS does have fans!

They didn't even get the site up and working until yesterday!

There are only 8 guys remaining since the last episode, so unless Jackie doesn't eliminate anyone in episode 4 which leaves the same number of men for Ep5, that sounds like a description for episode 4. I'm surprised they didn't show the arm wrestling in the last preview though (or did I just miss it?). It seems like the kind of drama previews thrive on.

Uh-oh, looks like the worst has happened. I guess John's going to move this forum into the graveyard in a few weeks. This really sucks. I don't even know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Uh-oh, looks like the worst has happened. I guess John's going to move this forum into the graveyard in a few weeks. This really sucks. I don't even know what to say.
    Why would you say that? Did he post something I missed?

dave

Dave... sorry, I know you won't like this either,

Quote Originally Posted by bumping2
    what was originally a test change, will now become a permanent change - Forever Eden will go and stay on Fridays at 9p (Wonderfalls has been moved to Thursdays at 9p). Look for Playing it Straight to return and air in its entirety later on this season or summer.

Just had a thought... since the contestants have signed a confidentiality agreement, does that mean they are obligated to keep the secret until Fox airs final episode? How are they suppose to keep half a million or a million and a possible SO a secret for that long from their friends and family?

We only saw 3 out of 7 shows
    I don't know what to say either

Closed Thread