Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Show cancellation and re-airing info

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    the mole2 was re-aired right????

has there ever been a reality show that got the boot and was never re-shown???
    The only reality series that I can recall being canceled mid-way through its run and not re-aired on its original network is...

"No Boundaries" which aired on WB Sunday nights in March 2002. The series was canceled after only four of its 13 episodes aired. The remaining episodes were shown in Canada however, with those viewers learning the eventual winner. American viewers did get to (eventually) see the series in its entirity when the cable network OLN (Outdoor Life Network?) picked up the reruns.

Also, "All American Girl" aired on ABC in March 2003 on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The series scored exceptionally low ratings, which prompted the network to show the final episodes on its sister cable network, ABC Family...and more of a documentary series than a reality series, but "American High" (a series which followed high school seniors for a year) aired on Fox during two weeks in August 2000. PBS picked up the eventual Emmy winning series the following April and aired the entire series.

As far as a reality series being canceled midway through its run and not being seen by American viewers - eventually - I'm not aware of any instances.

So is it going to be on this friday? It scared me for a second when i noticed this was thrown to the graveyard.

No, it's not. It's cancelled, as the title of the thread suggests. Also being in the graveyard would be a second hint

So now that they've cancelled Wonderfalls, any chance they'll PLUG PIS back in?

Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    The only reality series that I can recall being canceled mid-way through its run and not re-aired on its original network is...

"No Boundaries" which aired on WB Sunday nights in March 2002. The series was canceled after only four of its 13 episodes aired. The remaining episodes were shown in Canada however, with those viewers learning the eventual winner. American viewers did get to (eventually) see the series in its entirity when the cable network OLN (Outdoor Life Network?) picked up the reruns.

Also, "All American Girl" aired on ABC in March 2003 on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The series scored exceptionally low ratings, which prompted the network to show the final episodes on its sister cable network, ABC Family...and more of a documentary series than a reality series, but "American High" (a series which followed high school seniors for a year) aired on Fox during two weeks in August 2000. PBS picked up the eventual Emmy winning series the following April and aired the entire series.

As far as a reality series being canceled midway through its run and not being seen by American viewers - eventually - I'm not aware of any instances.
    "Under One Roof" had a similar problem. It was on UPN for 3 episodes, got cancelled, got brought back, and after 4 episodes was canned again.

I feel bad for Jacki and the guy it means they have to wait longer

Quote Originally Posted by John
    No, it's not. It's cancelled, as the title of the thread suggests. Also being in the graveyard would be a second hint

Cancelled or re-scheduled? I thought it was coming back this summer???

dave

Well, cancelled, but they will be re-airing it from the beginning this summer.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well, cancelled, but they will be re-airing it from the beginning this summer.
    I'm not sure that the word "canceled" would be appropriate for this instance. By definition, when a series is canceled, that means no new episodes are produced. However, since reality shows usually produce a smaller number of episodes than traditional series (13 or less), most shows have already wrapped filming before they ever air.

For right now, I would use the previously mentioned term "re-scheduled", because if/when Fox relaunches the series, and the ratings are good, the network could very well order a second go-around.

Consider these facts...Fox has officially canceled "Wonderfalls". The network has removed the series from its website schedule and also taken down the link to its specific website at www.fox.com. Meanwhile, more than a week after yanking "PIS", the Fox-affiliated website is still up and running. Also, the network plans to relaunch the series in its entirity, instead of picking up with episode four. These signs indicate that Fox isn't totally giving up on "PIS" just yet.

Finally, I stand corrected, UPN did canceled "Under One Roof" after taking it off the air not once, but twice. The viewers (both of them) never found out who won. But, remember we are talking about UPN here. Before "America's Next Top Model", the network's reality series were more known for being staged (a la "Manhunt") than viewer favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    "Under One Roof" had a similar problem. It was on UPN for 3 episodes, got cancelled, got brought back, and after 4 episodes was canned again.

I feel bad for Jacki and the guy it means they have to wait longer

I was very upset they got rid of this show. They never even revealed the winning family online!!! That stinks!! Boo UPN! :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I was very upset they got rid of this show. They never even revealed the winning family online!!! That stinks!! Boo UPN! :phhht

Honey lamb...it was FOX.

dave

Closed Thread