+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playing It Straight Needs Your Help!

FORT Newbie

Playing It Straight Needs Your Help!

Playing It Straight needs your help! Like all genre shows on Fox Friday, Playing It Straight is having ratings problems. Fans need to show their support and help spread the word about this great reality show. We need to get more people to watch the show, and we also need to give Fox stats that show how much fan interest there is in the show.

1) Tell everyone you know about the show and remind them to watch on Fridays (8:00 ET/PC; 7:00 MT. Tell your family, friends, classmates, co-workers, random strangers on the street. Spread the word! Positive word of mouth is the best way to recruit new viewers.

2) Post about Playing It Straight on message boards or on your website. Don't spam, but get the word out about the show by talking about it where ever possible. You can place a banner on your website or on your sig file advertising Playing It Straight. (I'm sure some artistic person will come up with some banners). Email your friends about the show or reminders to watch on Fridays. Also mention it in chat rooms.

3) Email "Ask Fox" and tell them how much you love Playing It Straight. Let them know your demographics (age and gender). You can also tell them that you'd watch the show if they moved it to Monday or Thursday nights.

4) Post on the Official FOX Playing It Straight Forum - start discussing the show with other fans. Let Fox know how much fan interest there is in the show. Fans of Reality TV is great--but FOX will never know see your posts here....

5) Visit the official FOX Playing It Straight site and check out all of the cool content (as often as possible). Post links to the site and get as much traffic there as possible. (Fox keeps track of their web traffic)

6) Email online tv columnists - Let online tv columnists know you love the show. The more they mention Playing It Straight, the better chance we have to get more viewers:

(we can't post e-mail addresses here, but look for this same post WITH the relevant addresses on the FOX Playing it Straight board under "general discussion")

The more online support the better.

8) Write to Fox -This isn't a "Save Playing It Straight" type of thing. Let's not bombard them with mail. But a thank you postcard would be nice. Let Fox President Gail Berman know you enjoy Playing It Straight and you hope they move it to a better night. You should include your demographics (age and gender). You can also tell them that you would watch Playing It Straight if they moved it to another week night, such as on Mondays. If fans get just 2 people each to start watching the show--that can make a big difference!

Quote Originally Posted by bumping2

Playing It Straight needs your help! Like all genre shows on Fox Friday, Playing It Straight is having ratings problems. Fans need to show their support and help spread the word about this great reality show. We need to get more people to watch the show, and we also need to give Fox stats that show how much fan interest there is in the show.

1) Tell everyone you know about the show and remind them to watch on Fridays (8:00 ET/PC; 7:00 MT. Tell your family, friends, classmates, co-workers, random strangers on the street. Spread the word! Positive word of mouth is the best way to recruit new viewers.

2) Post about Playing It Straight on message boards or on your website. Don't spam, but get the word out about the show by talking about it where ever possible. You can place a banner on your website or on your sig file advertising Playing It Straight. (I'm sure some artistic person will come up with some banners). Email your friends about the show or reminders to watch on Fridays. Also mention it in chat rooms.

3) Email "Ask Fox" and tell them how much you love Playing It Straight. Let them know your demographics (age and gender). You can also tell them that you'd watch the show if they moved it to Monday or Thursday nights.

4) Post on the Official FOX Playing It Straight Forum - start discussing the show with other fans. Let Fox know how much fan interest there is in the show. Fans of Reality TV is great--but FOX will never know see your posts here....

5) Visit the official FOX Playing It Straight site and check out all of the cool content (as often as possible). Post links to the site and get as much traffic there as possible. (Fox keeps track of their web traffic)

6) Email online tv columnists - Let online tv columnists know you love the show. The more they mention Playing It Straight, the better chance we have to get more viewers:

(we can't post e-mail addresses here, but look for this same post WITH the relevant addresses on the FOX Playing it Straight board under "general discussion")

The more online support the better.

8) Write to Fox -This isn't a "Save Playing It Straight" type of thing. Let's not bombard them with mail. But a thank you postcard would be nice. Let Fox President Gail Berman know you enjoy Playing It Straight and you hope they move it to a better night. You should include your demographics (age and gender). You can also tell them that you would watch Playing It Straight if they moved it to another week night, such as on Mondays. If fans get just 2 people each to start watching the show--that can make a big difference!

I think this is a great idea and I wills end emails right away! but like I said before in another thread, this show might be ignored by the more "serious" Catholic/Homphobic audience .

By the way... I do think this show is doing pretty great for being on Friday and not having Homophobic viewers (very rare anyways). If people were just open to seeng it then the rating would blow through the roof, especially if it was not on Friday and on Monday or something like that.
    Currently Enjoying:

Playing it Straight *Loving it! very fun but needs more viewers!*
    American Idol 3 *Simon who?*

All good ideas for saving a show. But it's a Friday show, so FOX isn't expecting blockbuster ratings, and I seriously doubt it's in any danger of cancellation.

And I'd argue the point about FOX never seeing the posts here - I know that they're here fairly frequently, and we officially do interviews with all eliminated contestants.

I wouldn't recommend ANYONE go to the official site boards, unless you're a fan of being flamed and reading idiotic posts by immature goons in an unmoderated setting. Which, if you're here, we know you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I wouldn't recommend ANYONE go to the official site boards, unless you're a fan of being flamed and reading idiotic posts by immature goons in an unmoderated setting. Which, if you're here, we know you don't.
    So true, John. Thanks for doing such a great job on this site. Keep up the good work!

Bumping2, thanks for the suggestions. I just sent FOX an e-mail.
    Last edited by fireant; 03-25-2004 at 08:24 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely pass the word. The show is hilarious and the funniest part is that I can't figure out who is NOT gay!

Quote Originally Posted by bumping2
    You can also tell them that you'd watch the show if they moved it to Monday or Thursday nights.
    Well, maybe not Thursday nights. Survivor night, you know.

Seriously, good ideas, bumping. I'm actually enjoying this show more than I thought I would when I first signed on to recap it. I think its a good show.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Well, maybe not Thursday nights. Survivor night, you know.

Seriously, good ideas, bumping. I'm actually enjoying this show more than I thought I would when I first signed on to recap it. I think its a good show.
    It's Apprentice night at my house.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

They have never canceled a reality show yet that I know of, ( look out Forever Eden).
    I don't think they will have the guts to try this type of show again for a long long time.

It's a shame really, I like this show.

I think the show has been pretty interesting to watch so far. Fox should change its schedule to another day. Not a lot of people staying home to watch TV on Friday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    They have never canceled a reality show yet that I know of, ( look out Forever Eden).
    I don't think they will have the guts to try this type of show again for a long long time.

It's a shame really, I like this show.
    I don't know; everyone that has seen this show seems to like it, at least as far as I can tell. I think Fox might try it again- obviously, they know Friday nights aren't the most popular TV nights and maybe they scheduled this show on Friday for a first season, to see if they get too much negative feedback. But, so far I haven't seen anything that would offend any but the most conservative viewers, who probably wouldn't dream of watching most reality series anyway.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast