Playing It Straight Needs Your Help!
Playing It Straight needs your help! Like all genre shows on Fox Friday, Playing It Straight is having ratings problems. Fans need to show their support and help spread the word about this great reality show. We need to get more people to watch the show, and we also need to give Fox stats that show how much fan interest there is in the show.
1) Tell everyone you know about the show and remind them to watch on Fridays (8:00 ET/PC; 7:00 MT. Tell your family, friends, classmates, co-workers, random strangers on the street. Spread the word! Positive word of mouth is the best way to recruit new viewers.
2) Post about Playing It Straight on message boards or on your website. Don't spam, but get the word out about the show by talking about it where ever possible. You can place a banner on your website or on your sig file advertising Playing It Straight. (I'm sure some artistic person will come up with some banners). Email your friends about the show or reminders to watch on Fridays. Also mention it in chat rooms.
3) Email "Ask Fox" and tell them how much you love Playing It Straight. Let them know your demographics (age and gender). You can also tell them that you'd watch the show if they moved it to Monday or Thursday nights.
4) Post on the Official FOX Playing It Straight Forum - start discussing the show with other fans. Let Fox know how much fan interest there is in the show. Fans of Reality TV is great--but FOX will never know see your posts here....
5) Visit the official FOX Playing It Straight site and check out all of the cool content (as often as possible). Post links to the site and get as much traffic there as possible. (Fox keeps track of their web traffic)
6) Email online tv columnists - Let online tv columnists know you love the show. The more they mention Playing It Straight, the better chance we have to get more viewers:
(we can't post e-mail addresses here, but look for this same post WITH the relevant addresses on the FOX Playing it Straight board under "general discussion")
The more online support the better.
8) Write to Fox -This isn't a "Save Playing It Straight" type of thing. Let's not bombard them with mail. But a thank you postcard would be nice. Let Fox President Gail Berman know you enjoy Playing It Straight and you hope they move it to a better night. You should include your demographics (age and gender). You can also tell them that you would watch Playing It Straight if they moved it to another week night, such as on Mondays. If fans get just 2 people each to start watching the show--that can make a big difference!