+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPISODE 3 - VIDEOS possible SPOILER

EPISODE 3 - VIDEOS possible SPOILER

I pulled these from the Fox site...

http://www.fox.com/playingitstraight...2.asx?mswmext=

I think Sharif is straight, but MAN, does he sound like fairy princess when he talks!

http://www.fox.com/playingitstraight...1.asx?mswmext=

When you watch this one, listen to Luciano talk about his gay uncle and Luciano's "strategy" about talking about this with Jackie. He goes on to say, because he had a family member that was gay, he is close to the gay community and wants to support it. Is that why he works at a gay bar?

dave

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    I pulled these from the Fox site...

http://www.fox.com/playingitstraight...2.asx?mswmext=

I think Sharif is straight, but MAN, does he sound like fairy princess when he talks!

http://www.fox.com/playingitstraight...1.asx?mswmext=

When you watch this one, listen to Luciano talk about his gay uncle and Luciano's "strategy" about talking about this with Jackie. He goes on to say, because he had a family member that was gay, he is close to the gay community and wants to support it. Is that why he works at a gay bar?

dave
    While his strategy of invoking the memory of his deceased gay uncle may well explain his comfort with the gay community, I'm not entirely sure it had the desired effect on Jackie. She may simply be suspicious of everyone that's left at the ranch, but she always seemed so enamoured with Luciano that it surprises me when she openly questions his sexuality in the clip. He himself also comments that their relationship/connection is not as simple and easy-going as it once was.
    I think he thought it would help/explain away any pro-gay statements he may have made (OR the fact he has NOT made any silly, fearful pseudo-antigay statements like some of the other guys), but Jackie seems just as (if not MORE suspicious) of him now than in the first two episodes. I guess I'm just wondering why he would have ever said anything blatantly pro-gay in the first place (the invocation of the uncle is being used to justify these alleged statements, according to the clip), when he knew it would only elicit suspicion from Jackie (let's not forget she's suspicious of men who happen to own hairdryers, people!). I don't see why he wouldn't have simply kept quiet. Seems like he may have said something by mistake and he's trying to back out of it with the old "some of my best friends (or in this case an uncle) are gay". Even he sounds uncertain as to its success with Jackie...
    Also, something about the timeline/age of the uncle makes me suspicious that it may all be fiction...will have to go listen again.

I think we all have his number, the problem with him is he's not a very good on camera liar.

I wonder if the ugly photo on the Gawker site is his dead "Uncle" I can't see him being with that man otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I think we all have his number, the problem with him is he's not a very good on camera liar.

I wonder if the ugly photo on the Gawker site is his dead "Uncle" I can't see him being with that man otherwise.

LOL...that is excellent!

dave

Is there a way I can just download these as files onto my desktop because if not they just tend to freeze and all I hear are voices!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever*
    Is there a way I can just download these as files onto my desktop because if not they just tend to freeze and all I hear are voices!
    Maybe you need to upgrade your media player to keep it from freezing? Try right clicking on the window when it pops up? See a shrink for the voices you are hearing???

dave

Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    Maybe you need to upgrade your media player to keep it from freezing? Try right clicking on the window when it pops up? See a shrink for the voices you are hearing???

dave

LOL! Thanks for the tip i'll check it out

well luciano could be straight, but i'm leaning more towards the gay side-not because he works in a gay bar though-goes back to my theory the masculine ones are straight lol

oh and that pic with the ugly guy didn't help his case for being straight much either lol

but if you are good looking and gay friendly, you could make a TON working in a gay bar-more men should do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    well luciano could be straight, but i'm leaning more towards the gay side-not because he works in a gay bar though-goes back to my theory the masculine ones are straight lol

oh and that pic with the ugly guy didn't help his case for being straight much either lol

but if you are good looking and gay friendly, you could make a TON working in a gay bar-more men should do it lol
    I don't know, something about the way he said the story of his gay uncle just wasn't truthful to me. It seemed too planned.
    Currently Enjoying:

Playing it Straight *Loving it! very fun but needs more viewers!*
    American Idol 3 *Simon who?*

Quote Originally Posted by Forever*
    I don't know, something about the way he said the story of his gay uncle just wasn't truthful to me. It seemed too planned.
    Yes...and he said 1988 - that would have made him probably 8 years old...would his parents actually tell an 8 year old his uncle is gay?

dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast