+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are the ratings for this show?

FORT Regular

How are the ratings for this show?

I'd imagine that the ratings would be very low for this show. The show has a "white trash" feel to it and it is on a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by bcamp393
    I'd imagine that the ratings would be very low for this show. The show has a "white trash" feel to it and it is on a Friday night.
    White Trash??? What does that mean???

dave

FORT Regular
    A bunch of dumb white people. I've seen highlights of the show on Jimmy Kimmel and that is the impression I got from the show.

FORT Fan

Ratings Info...

True, the ratings for Fox on Fridays are about as low as possible. Though, face it, Fox has more than enough programming holes in its schedule.

Overall, for the first episode (3/12), Fox ranked 4th on the night (out of 6 networks) with a 3.9 rating and 6 share.

"Playing It Straight" placed 4th in its time slot and had a rating of 3.7 and a 6 share. Among the desirable 18-49 year old demographic, "PIS" ranked 3rd with a 2.2 rating and 7 share. Companion series "Wonderfalls" did a little better among total viewers, but had fewer 18-49 year-olds watching.

Those numbers are consistent with what Fox has pulled on the night all season. Keep in mind that everything the network has tried on the night, has ended up in the trash bin.

Official ratings for episode 2 (3/19) aren't in yet (they will be released Monday), but initial analysis has "PIS" losing viewers and placing 5th in its time slot -- behind WB's comedy "Reba".

A side note, I went to check the "PIS" website at Fox.com and was told it was unavailable. I hope Fox hasn't decided to ditch the show already.

Note: one ratings point equals roughly one million viewers; a share point is the percentage of viewers watching. The numbers are a little different for 18-49 year olds. So, 3.7=roughly 4 million viewers; 6 share=6% of people watching TV were watching "PIS".

I can't believe this show is doing worst than Forever Eden

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    (from the FE forum...)

the first 2 epsidoes (of FE) both drew 11 million+ viewer due to the fact they followed AI, after that the 3 show drew 5.8 million, and last weeks show drew in 4.3 million

I've reccommended this show to a lot of people....so much better than the usual dating shows, and no, I don't think it's white-trashy at all. I think it's probably hard to get an audience for this on Friday night though, when lots of people are going out for the evening.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bcamp393
    A bunch of dumb white people. I've seen highlights of the show on Jimmy Kimmel and that is the impression I got from the show.

Well it's no wonder you would get that impression....look at the source of your information. I'm sure if he wanted to, he could have made it look like lifestyles of the rich and famous.

dave

FORT Fan
    Ratings for episode 2 are released:

Episode 2 (3/19): 2.9 rating / 5 share

Among 18-49 year old viewers: 1.7 / 5

Same as last week, "Wonderfalls" did slightly better among total viewers (3.0 rating / 5 share) but worse among the younger viewers (1.5 / 5).

As far as "PIS" in relation to "Forever Eden": 3.1 / 5 (total viewers); 2.2 (18-49 year olds). So, the two reality hours are fairly even in their popularity.

I like this show no matter what the ratigs are. It's not white trash at all, it's rather funny : ) (As any other reality show)

That is as long as the hotties stick around~lol

I wouldn't call it "white trash" ( that's such a dumb expression anyway ), it's a much more interesting concept than most reality t.v. shows out there, or maybe I'm biased because I'm gay. I certainly rank it a lot higher than Average Joe, or Forever Eden, or Temptation Island. So many people don't know about the show, I was surprised how few gay guys were watching, but it's on the worse possible night, I think it would of fared much better on a Monday or Wednesday night. I like the show, it is breaking down stereotypes, as much as I like Queer Eye etc, it's great that we have some gay guys on t.v's who aren't doing makeovers, or having sex with every Tom, Dick, and Harry aka Queer as Folk, though I do like that show as well. Still, my favorite gay t.v character is David on Six Feet Under!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast