+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are the ratings for this show?

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcamp393
    A bunch of dumb white people. I've seen highlights of the show on Jimmy Kimmel and that is the impression I got from the show.
    I hope you don't let Jimmy Kimmel do ALL your thinking.

He's a pretty big redneck himself if you haven't noticed.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Friday night is known as the ratings kiss of death in TV land. Maybe Fox was afraid to give a controversial show a better time slot although I can't imagine why...they gave the Littlest Groom (about a 'little person' bachelor with 'little person' bachelorettes) a slot on Monday nights behind Big Fat. But it WAS only a 2 episode show. If any show has ever made fun of anybody...The Littlest Groom ran a close 2nd to Average Joe.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    Friday night is known as the ratings kiss of death in TV land. Maybe Fox was afraid to give a controversial show a better time slot although I can't imagine why...they gave the Littlest Groom (about a 'little person' bachelor with 'little person' bachelorettes) a slot on Monday nights behind Big Fat. But it WAS only a 2 episode show. If any show has ever made fun of anybody...The Littlest Groom ran a close 2nd to Average Joe.
    Oh yes, I forgot about The Littlest Groom, that was a new low for reality t.v.

Lotus, I don't think you're being biased. I'm not gay and I like this show. It's just alot of fun to watch. You must share some of those men with me though ( I want Luciano and Bradley, o.k.?)

P.S. What is metrosexual?

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    Lotus, I don't think you're being biased. I'm not gay and I like this show. It's just alot of fun to watch. You must share some of those men with me though ( I want Luciano and Bradley, o.k.?)

P.S. What is metrosexual?
    The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis — because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, sport, seem to attract them but, truth be told, like male vanity products and herpes, they're pretty much everywhere.
    —Mark Simpson, "Meet the metrosexual," Salon.com, July 22, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I wouldn't call it "white trash" ( that's such a dumb expression anyway ), it's a much more interesting concept than most reality t.v. shows out there, or maybe I'm biased because I'm gay. I certainly rank it a lot higher than Average Joe, or Forever Eden, or Temptation Island. So many people don't know about the show, I was surprised how few gay guys were watching, but it's on the worse possible night, I think it would of fared much better on a Monday or Wednesday night. I like the show, it is breaking down stereotypes, as much as I like Queer Eye etc, it's great that we have some gay guys on t.v's who aren't doing makeovers, or having sex with every Tom, Dick, and Harry aka Queer as Folk, though I do like that show as well. Still, my favorite gay t.v character is David on Six Feet Under!
    I am straight and I LOVE this show. I think the only show I know that claims itself to be "white trash" is Jerry Springer

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    I hope you don't let Jimmy Kimmel do ALL your thinking.

He's a pretty big redneck himself if you haven't noticed.

LOL!!! And if you do, make sure you get opinion from Ricki Lake! She pretty much falls into the same catagory!

dave

I can't believe the rating for PIT is bad. It is probably because of the time slot. Not a lot of people stay home and watch TV on Friday night.

I personally think the show is pretty good so far. It has changed my opinion on how gay guys act. I can't wait to find out if Sharif is straight or gay.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Yea, its most likely because its a Friday night, whats another reason why people wouldn;t watch this funny show hehe
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I really like this show. Not only is it like other popular shows (e.g Bachelorette) but it's unique because it brings in a little more curiosity and suspence. It's the thrill of biting your fingernails just before she asks the question "I need to know, are you straight or are you gay?". I've recommended this to a lot of friends and a lot of them like it... but the fact that there are gay people on the show, unfortunately, drives some of the more "serious" Caotholic/Homophobic audience. Finally, it's on Friday! Why FOX? why?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast