+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter your Gaydar Predictions here for GAC

Yes, but first I need to know how you feel about the scoring. I thought more points should be given out for correct guesses, further out, as we know them less, like giving gaydar hits, a higher score for further away ( think submarines, and long distance hits ). What about penalities, for changing your guesses, say, I look at what everyone said for last night's episode, and if they make any changes, they get a 2 or 3 point deduction. This would give the highest scores to those who stuck with their original hunches. Anyway, need feedback if you agree to this.
    For example, let say, last week, you had Chad as Gay, if you don't change your guess, and Chad does turn out to be gay, you get a maximum of 8 points. If you have Chad as straight, and change him sometime between now and next weeks episode, you get 5 points instead of 8. If you change Chad, and you had originally guessed correctly, but changed it to the wrong one, you have 3 points deducted from your score...
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-20-2004 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Yes, but first I need to know how you feel about the scoring. I thought more points should be given out for correct guesses, further out, as we know them less, like giving gaydar hits, a higher score for further away ( think submarines, and long distance hits ). What about penalities, for changing your guesses, say, I look at what everyone said for last night's episode, and if they make any changes, they get a 2 or 3 point deduction. This would give the highest scores to those who stuck with their original hunches. Anyway, need feedback if you agree to this.
    For example, let say, last week, you had Chad as Gay, if you don't change your guess, and Chad does turn out to be gay, you get a maximum of 8 points. If you have Chad as straight, and change him sometime between now and next weeks episode, you get 5 points instead of 8. If you change Chad, and you had guessed correctly, but changed it to the wrong one, you have 3 points deducted from your score...
    I can live with it, but do you pick SOON or take our original guesses???

dave

I take your guesses from last week, Dave, and, if you'd like to change some, this week, you can, but would get a 2 point deduction. Last night I gave every correct guess 10 points, next week 8, the following week 6 etc with a, maybe a 2 point deduction if you change any of your guesses. So if you want to change, any, and you're right in your guess, you'll get 6 points next week instead of 8.. If you don't change any and your right you'll get 8 points, and if you change any and your wrong, you'll have 2 points deducted from your total score. Does this sound good to everyone..???

I take your guesses from last week, Dave, and, if you'd like to change some, this week, you can, but would get a 2 point deduction. Last night I gave every correct guess 10 points, next week 8, the following week 6 etc with a, maybe a 2 point deduction if you change any of your guesses. So if you want to change, any, and you're right in your guess, you'll get 6 points next week instead of 8.. If you don't change any and your right you'll get 8 points, and if you change any and your wrong, you'll have 2 points deducted from your total score. Does this sound good to everyone..???
    I put my picks in this morning that I would like to go with...

Do you want them again?

dave

Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    I put my picks in this morning that I would like to go with...

Do you want them again?

dave
    Are your picks different from last week's Dave. Also, I need to know if everyone or most everyone agrees with the scoring.....so can we wait until tommorow, just for some more feedback.

Maker, I don' know where you are but I calculated everyone's score, awarding 10 points for each correct answer. I don't know if the next episode we should give 8 points for each correct, etc, and then 6 etc, therefore awarding more points for " gaydar " hits early on. Should we have penalities, if someone changes their original guess, like say a 3 point deduction?

Anyway here are the results:
    The winners so far are

Charlie
    Krom
    spegs
    Hehe
    Lady Coetzer
    All with two correct hits with scores of 20

Now for those of you who's gaydar needs a major overhaul with scores of 0

whippetcrazy
    gizmo82
    hykit
    snickers
    Qboots
    xmascat

Eveyone else including myself got one right and has 10 points.
    oops I forgot Bama and 13 times, both have 0 as well.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I am getting confused on the scoring!
    So from here on out, if we change a guess, we get that change as our final choice, but a two point deduction?
    Will the two point deduction increase to say a four point deduction the more we see of the choices? or is that too complicated?
    let me know cause I do have one or potentially 2 I may like to change.
    thanks for tallying everything, LL!

yes,queenb, I need some info on how you guys would like the scores tallied. Next week should 8 points be given out per correct guess, with no penalty for changing your guess from last week, or should we have say a 2 or 3 point penalty for changing? Let me know..
    I'm kinda liking the idea of a 2 point penalty, although I'm thinking of changing some of my guesses already. Sure, it would give more credit for original answers being correct.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Each week, you can change all or any of your guesses, but would get a two point deduction ( 3 was a little high ) for every player in which you change.. I've entered everyone's guesses from last week, so any changes would deduct 2 points per contestant. For those who don't change any of their original guesses, and they are correct, they will receive 8 points, that's the max for next week. If you change a contestant and your wrong, you'll have 2 points deducted per change, so you could end up with a negative score if your all ready at 0 If you change a guess, and your right, you'll get 8 minus 2, for 6 points added to your score, so it's still worth it to change, if you really think last weeks guess was wrong. Am I explaining this right???

For example:
    I change Luciano from straight to gay, turns out he's gay, I get 6 points instead of 8, . If he turns out to be straight, and I changed him to gay this week, I have 2 points deducted from my score which currently is at 10 which would deduct 2 points, and leave my score at 8. If I don't change last weeks guess that Luciano is straight, and he does turn out to be straight, I get the maximum 8 points for next week, which would add 8 points to my current score.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Each week, you can change all or any of your guesses, but would get a two point deduction ( 3 was a little high ) for every player in which you change.. I've entered everyone's guesses from last week, so any changes would deduct 2 points per contestant. For those who don't change any of their original guesses, and they are correct, they will receive 8 points, that's the max for next week. If you change a contestant and your wrong, you'll have 2 points deducted per change, so you could end up with a negative score if your all ready at 0 If you change a guess, and your right, you'll get 8 minus 2, for 6 points added to your score, so it's still worth it to change, if you really think last weeks guess was wrong. Am I explaining this right???

For example:
    I change Luciano from straight to gay, turns out he's gay, I get 6 points instead of 8, . If he turns out to be straight, and I changed him to gay this week, I have 2 points deducted from my score which currently is at 10 which would deduct 2 points, and leave my score at 8. If I don't change last weeks guess that Luciano is straight, and he does turn out to be straight, I get the maximum 8 points for next week, which would add 8 points to my current score.
    I think this sounds like a good system!

And the winner gets....? Title of King/Queen of gaydar?

I like it.

+ Reply to Thread