+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions for Interview with Daphne Brogdon

Questions for Interview with Daphne Brogdon

I've just received confirmation that I'll be interviewing Daphne Brogdon, host of FOX's upcoming reality show Playing It Straight tomorrow morning. I know this is a bit last-minute, but if any of you have any questions you would like me to ask, please post them here or e-mail them to me at lobeck@fansofrealitytv.com.

ALSO...I've also received confirmation that I'll be interviewing each of the guys as they are booted off the show, as well as Jackie--the girl at the center of the show--herself. So, start thinking of those questions!

I'd try to find a way to ask her about her extremely twisty career path - comedian, DirecTV salespitchwoman, X Show host, now reality show host, etc. And what does she ultimately WANT to do?

Ask if she herself knew who was gay and who was straight, or if she had to figure it out on her own. And of course, how good Jackie's "gaydar" was.

Congrats again, Lobes.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Wow!! Great for you lobeck!! Congratulations on landing the interviewing.

Hmm..as in questions, it's hard to come up with any right now...cause we haven't seen the show yet.
    I'm sure I'll come up with some though...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'd ask her, if prior to the show, if she had any gay friends, and or family members.

And.
    Whether the show changed her perception or broke down any stereotypes of gay men she may have held.
    And
    How she felt about the twist, when it was revealed to her that some of the contestants would be gay.

FORT Newbie
    I actually know Daphne. We lived together back in college in a big house with a bunch of people. Daphne is VERY gay friendly. In addition to me there was one other gay man living in the house. When we interviewed Daphne as a potential roommate, I was giving her a tour of the house and stopped for a moment to explain that there were two gay men living in the house and see if that would be a problem. She said "no, I figured you were gay... and so is he" she said, pointing at a poster of Mitch Gaylor I happened to have hanging on my wall (this was the late 80's). She even introduced me to my first boyfriend who was a good friend of hers.

Daphne is exactly as she appears. She is smart, really funny and a terrific woman. Her improv group Scratch Theater was a total scream. Don't miss a chance to see her live.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Thanks for the inside information buttercup!

Also, to the Fort, be sure to check out other forums/threads!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup5309
    I actually know Daphne. We lived together back in college in a big house with a bunch of people. Daphne is VERY gay friendly. In addition to me there was one other gay man living in the house. When we interviewed Daphne as a potential roommate, I was giving her a tour of the house and stopped for a moment to explain that there were two gay men living in the house and see if that would be a problem. She said "no, I figured you were gay... and so is he" she said, pointing at a poster of Mitch Gaylor I happened to have hanging on my wall (this was the late 80's). She even introduced me to my first boyfriend who was a good friend of hers.

Daphne is exactly as she appears. She is smart, really funny and a terrific woman. Her improv group Scratch Theater was a total scream. Don't miss a chance to see her live.
    Who's Mitch Gaylor?

dave

+ Reply to Thread