+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Luciano - Personal trainer, Miami Beach, FL

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    i think luciano might be gay....but if he's str8 i will gladly eat my words

i have this theory that the cool, calm and collected guys are the gay ones.....the str8 ones seem to be hyperventilating too much at times its like "if i do this will she think i'm gay or if i do that will she think i'm gay" so, i think in a way this show is making some of the str8 guys be self concious about who they are...if that makes any sense.....except ryan...that boy is gay ..this is him on fire and totally hyper and obnixious
    Snickers...I can't TOTALLY disagree with you. Your analogy about the calm guys vs. the hyperventilating ones...good for you! Good deduction!

dave

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    It's funny you said that, cause that's exactly how I see Ryan the waiter/drama queen - a pretty straight guy who wants air time for his future acting career. SO like Dan.
    LOL!!! But why would Ryan want to act gay??? The big difference? Dan, SO hot and it was easy to tell he was trying to act gay. Ryan, not so hot, way too feminine and trying way to hard to out everyone!

dave

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by imlola
    sorry, but luciano is gay.

Je suis d`accord! (that`s french for "I agree!"). Whenever the other guys are talking, they always seem to be saying, "Jackie will think I`m gay because I landscape, or bake cheesecakes, or like fashion, or own a whole lot of toiletries, or considered hairstyling as a career".
    Luciano, though, always says stuff like, "there`s nothing about me that will make her think I`m gay" and "There`s no reason Jackie`s going to think I`m gay...when I get to kiss her she`ll be wrapped around my finger".
    His responses/comments all seem to be of the confident "I am gay but she`ll never figure it out" variety rather than the nervous "I`m so worried this quality/interest/pursuit/talent may make Jackie think I`m gay" variety. Just a thought... I could definitely be wrong though. He might not be gay; he might just be edited that way!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer
    Je suis d`accord! (that`s french for "I agree!"). Whenever the other guys are talking, they always seem to be saying, "Jackie will think I`m gay because I landscape, or bake cheesecakes, or like fashion, or own a whole lot of toiletries, or considered hairstyling as a career".
    Luciano, though, always says stuff like, "there`s nothing about me that will make her think I`m gay" and "There`s no reason Jackie`s going to think I`m gay...when I get to kiss her she`ll be wrapped around my finger".
    His responses/comments all seem to be of the confident "I am gay but she`ll never figure it out" variety rather than the nervous "I`m so worried this quality/interest/pursuit/talent may make Jackie think I`m gay" variety. Just a thought... I could definitely be wrong though. He might not be gay; he might just be edited that way!
    WOW! You are VERY perceptive! I like the way you think!

dave

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    LOL!!! But why would Ryan want to act gay??? The big difference? Dan, SO hot and it was easy to tell he was trying to act gay. Ryan, not so hot, way too feminine and trying way to hard to out everyone!

dave
    I think it could be that he - like Dan - is somewhat uncomfortable being around guys who are or may be gay (we could get into his own deep psychological issues and desires here, but I'll refrain) and this is the reason for some of his over the top mannerisms. I personally have known quite a few "hyper-straight" guys who LOVED to be campy and act "gay" (their idea of gay, which was usually something like Jack on will and Grace) and tell tons of gay jokes all the time, especially around other guys. These were usually younger, insecure guys who did this as a way to sort of reassure everyone around - and themselves - that they were all just SO macho and straight that they loved to make fun of gay people. This is what Ryan reminds me of when he does his little campy thing.

Then again, he could just BE campy, but I sort of see him as a guy who is just really insecure with his own masculinity in a typical young, straight guy way.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCoetzer
    Totally agree with you.

I think a straight guy would be a lot more insecure about his gayness (if that makes any sense) - we can see lots of examples of this, like the guy who got all hysterical over the hairdryer who turned out to be straight.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by davewfred
    WOW! You are VERY perceptive! I like the way you think!

dave
    More potential perceptivity. Watched the show with some straight female friends to see if we agreed on who was gay/straight, and one noticed that when John is told he can stay by Jackie and leans in to hug her...Luciano seems to lean forward and pat Ryan on the back. Did anyone else notice this? It's just barely in the corner of the screen. Maybe he's just swatting one of the ever-present moths or something, but it certainly made for several rewinds. I say moth-swatting, but just wondered if anyone else noticed this and pondered...

moth-swatting-i dont think luciano likes ryan-i think he was one of the ones who immediately said in a confessional he's gay lol

the only ones who are gay who i could see hooking up are luciano/bill/banks/brad-all four of them are very good looking guys-and they seem to all get along

totally agree with ladycoetzer about how the straight guys seem to think thier sterotypes will hurt them yet people like luciano say she won't have to question me-i kinda said something similar-i said the confident ones are gay-i still think ryan is gay though-lol

but yeah said it in another thread: i think they picked the most feminine straight men and masculine gay men(minus ryan)

and people like bradley are up in the air-he looks/acts bisexual lol

but people like banks/bill/luciano do not have any of the gay sterotypes except bill being an event planner lol, but to look at them and thier mannerisms, i think they scream straight
    Last edited by snickers; 03-16-2004 at 01:26 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    moth-swatting-i dont think luciano likes ryan-i think he was one of the ones who immediately said in a confessional he's gay lol

the only ones who are gay who i could see hooking up are luciano/bill/banks/brad-all four of them are very good looking guys-and they seem to all get along

totally agree with ladycoetzer about how the straight guys seem to think thier sterotypes will hurt them yet people like luciano say she won't have to question me-i kinda said something similar-i said the confident ones are gay-i still think ryan is gay though-lol

but yeah said it in another thread: i think they picked the most feminine straight men and masculine gay men(minus ryan)

and people like bradley are up in the air-he looks/acts bisexual lol

but people like banks/bill/luciano do not have any of the gay sterotypes except bill being an event planner lol, but to look at them and thier mannerisms, i think they scream straight
    I only meant to point out the brush/touch/whatever as a sign of potential complicity (as in "you go girl, you fooled her but good!) rather than one of romantic possibility. I should have made that clearer in my post, but I totally agree with everything else y'all said snickers.

FORT Regular
    Luciano: "Alex? I think he's straight, actually. Mainly cuz he's a little boring." Would any straight man give all gay men a compliment like that (by extension he implies that all gay men are interesting and fun) and insult his own hetero brethren?

Either the producers/editors want us to see how enamoured Jackie is with him (the way she (filled to the brim with girlish glee) cut him off mid-speech and sent him over to the haybale) and can't see he's gay because of her physical attraction to him...OR...this is just a fine example of a guy purposely lying in his interview (as the warning label brashly informs us at the beginning of each episode!) to throw us off track.

I truly think it's the former, as he sees how smitten Jackie is with him (she ain't being subtle, people), and he now feels confident enough to let that be shown to the cameras. He appears to just be being himself, biding his time to see if Jackie can figure him out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast